GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. V

The new EQT V2.51 Maps

My 2015 6MT is bone stock. Maryland, and it’s not cold and not hot and no elevation to speak of. Its like there are two throttle response curves. Below about 1500 and then above. I notice it in first gear and then in second when I’m not driving gently. In third and above (or more aggressive...
  2. V

The new EQT V2.51 Maps

Excellent, happy to also test the beta. It’s been a week since 2.51 install on my 2015 MT GTI and the lag at low revs in 1st and 2nd is not going away yet. Push accelerator get a slow response until about 1500 revs and then bam, the acceleration jumps into a much more responsive curve and...
  3. V

The new EQT V2.51 Maps

Thanks for the guidance mrd8cd. I too have the same drivability experiences in low revs in first or second gear. In my first week with the 2.51 stage 1 tune, which is the first tune on my 2015 MT. I hope the car learns, unlikely I’ll forget it. I also noticed I hear a different sound from the...
  4. V

Mechanics/Service Shop in MoCo?

Hi, In Wheaton there's https://www.wheatonservicecenter.com/ Had my car there for an AC servo-motor replacement (woodpecker in the glove box on startup with recirc off). They fixed it same day while I waited and no new rattles. John
  5. V

What did you do to your mk7 today?

I replaced the the drain tube in the hatch. The grommet had completely disintegrated so it was draining into the car. Part number 510 827 861A (I drive a '15 GTI SE). Taking out and putting back in the trim I used a shopDAP video, those noises though...felt like I was breaking everything...but...
  6. V

License plate error even though bulbs are working?

I has this on my '15 SE and it was also intermittent. My solution was to install LED bulbs. That was about a month or so ago and the error never returned. I used the deAuto bulbs.
  7. V

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Suction pump warranty recall completed at dealer (great experience as usual, my dealer service team, King VW in Maryland, are very friendly). And since there is cold air and dry roads right now (and less cars on my commute), I did an Italian tuneup- no higher than 4th gear for 20 minutes on...
  8. V

Machine versus man and Spring

Hi, In early Summer last year I manually clayed, polished & sealed my reflex silver GTI and a night blue Golf (polish and seal were the Klasse twins). Then last November I manually clayed, polished, sealed and waxed (Collinite for wax). This combo appears to be holding up well, with water still...
  9. V

Rear wiper arm with more coverage

Hi all, The rear wiper arm on my 2015 GTI (I'm in US), leaves some of the wiper exposed. I would like the wiper to be completely covered. Does anyone have any wiper arm retrofit/replacement suggestions? I would like to keep the same wiper length. In looking at Google returned images, it...
  10. V

MD too

Hi all, Over here in the Rockville area. Trying to balance out all the VA VWs :):) I drive a silver SE, 4 door manual. No LP, but hope to have Golf R replica headlights from Ed installed this month. I must say, I don't see many Mk7 GTIs out there. A white one with nice after market rims is...