GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. napadirt

Give up on Eurodyne?

I've been running Eurodyne for 7 years. Looking to get more out of my IS38 and APR IC. My car is a 6MT w/RSR clutch. Considering switching the Cobb/AP and EQT. The cost of this tune is holding me back. I'm unsure if it's worth it. Here's a 3rd, 4th gear pull tonight on the Eurodyne IS38...
  2. napadirt

2015 GTI S 2 Door 6MT PP

Need an SUV. Still love this GTI, but sadly, time to move on... Never raced. Mature owner. Well maintained. Engine rarely hit redline. Base 2-Door "S" trim w/Performance Package 99k miles Original owner - purchased Feb 2015 at "Team Hayward" VW Excellent functional mechanical condition Motul...
  3. napadirt

APR Catalyst Replacement

The cat on my APR downpipe has become smelly and I want to replace it. Since it clamps together it should be an easy swap. Anyone know where I can buy just the catalyst? Thanks. APR just specs it as: 300 cell, 100mm x 100mm GESI catalyst
  4. napadirt

IS20 Core for sale

I have an IS20 turbo "core" for sale (selling for a friend). The turbo failed by the compressor wheel shaft snapping. Would make a great core for an IS20 based hybrid turbo. Asked $300 obo Please PM me with questions / offers.
  5. napadirt

2015 GTI AC Issues

One day last year toward the end of summer, my AC was not cooling effectively on extremely hot days in Northern California. This problem went away the next day. But now that the weather is heating up again, the AC is hardly providing any cooling--I have a problem. I just did a VCDS scan and...
  6. napadirt

APR Manual DSG DQ250 Dual Clutch Pedal System!

The APR Manual DSG DQ250 Dual Clutch Pedal System (MDSGDQ250DCPS) brings back manual clutch operation to the DSG transmission craved by enthusiasts the world over! Gone are the days of phantom clutch leg syndrome, and mindless right foot only driving or RFOD, as the MDSGDQ250DCPS allows the...
  7. napadirt

Michelin Pilot Super Sport Lifetime

Michelin PSS users, how much life are you getting out of your tires? I am due for a new set after ~18k miles. Front tread depth ~2mm, rear ~3mm. Wear is very even across each tire and front to rear. This wear rate seems acceptable given my driving habbits and the overall performance of the...
  8. napadirt

Unintended acceleration induced by traction control

Slightly disturbing incident happened today driving on wet roads... While navigating traffic I gave full throttle in second gear. Traction control intervened but the wheels spun anyway. That's normal and expected on wet roads. However, after completely lifting the throttle, something...
  9. napadirt

5k rev limiter?

Just a comment on an observation this morning. I have heard RJRacing and others mention a rev limiter appearing at 5k in 1st gear. I have hit it a few times and it's always with heavy wheel spin with ASR off. I believe it's a rev limiter which kicks in when the ECU believes the engine is free...
  10. napadirt

Muffler to quiet down pipe without sacrificing performance?

I am interested in potentially installing a muffler which would quite the exhaust with a down pipe installed without hindering flow or performance. I installed the APR down pipe this weekend and it is much louder than I expected. It doesn't sound dreadful, but I'd prefer it quieter. Can anyone...
  11. napadirt

Eurodyne Stage 1.5: 298 whp 345 ft-lb

Stock Engine Hardware (except GFB DV+) Eurodyne Stage 1.5 93 v8.0 Manual Transmission 100 octane fuel (AKI), Phillips 76 90° F, 13% RH Dynojet 224LC 298 HP, 345 lb-ft, Standard Correction: 1.02 291 HP, 337 lb-ft, SAE Correction: 1.00 Click HERE for ECU logs and dyno data: HP, torque...
  12. napadirt

Tach probe for dyno?

Anyone know where you can place a tach probe on a spark plug wire?
  13. napadirt

Tach probe for dyno?

Anyone know where you can place a tach probe on a spark plug wire?
  14. napadirt

How much oil did you add?

First OC at 5072miles. Motul 5w-40 8100 x-cess. I used the "Top Sider" vacuum extractor. $50 on amazon with fee shipping arrived in <48 hours. Worked great. Also love the top mounted filter. Easiest OC I have ever done. Question: How much oil did you add? The manual says 5.7L so I figured be...
  15. napadirt

Mk7 GTI vs 2015 Mustang GT

2015 GTI 2DR PP S 6MT Eurodyne Stage 1 91, Tires vs 2015 Mustage GT 6MT Stock GTI: driver only, full tank. Mustang: driver & one passenger. From dig, GTI shift points: 1st to 2nd: Mustang up half car length 2nd to 3rd: Even 3rd to 4th : Mustang up 1.5 car lengths Both Mustang driver and...
  16. napadirt

Declare war on understeer - Neuspeed 27mm Race Series Rear Swaybar and Links

Neuspeed 27mm Race Series Rear Swaybar /0/"]Neuspeed Rear Sway Bar End Links The Michelin Pilot Super Sport did wonders to bring the GTI chassis closer to its potential (see my tire review HERE), but I still felt it was held back by an oppressive level of understeer and completely numb...
  17. napadirt

Photo comparison of 235/40 vs. 225/40 Michelin Pilot Super Spot on Stock Austins

Looking to ditch those awful Pirelli P7 Cinturato All Seasons for some grippy new rubber? Like the Michelin Pilot Super Sport? But which size do I buy? OEM 225/40 or do I go bigger to 235/40? Michelin doesn't recommend 235/40 on the 7.5" wide Austin rim (I am not sure what the limitations...
  18. napadirt

VCDS help soundakator, ESC off, VAQ

Anyone know the name of the channel value to disable or set soundakator volume to zero? I can't find the "Engine noise actuation volume" called out in this thread. http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6713&page=2 I have searched google. No help there. Only thing I can find is an...
  19. napadirt

Let's talk brake pads

A forum member said the brakes on the Performance Pack are the same as the previous generation Golf R. I can't verify this. But IF true then we might be able to install Mk6 Golf R brake pads on PP cars. I have ZERO complaints on my cars brakes. I am more concerned about wear charactieristcs of...
  20. napadirt

Performance package MT and clutch same as Golf R?

The Borg-Warner webinar on the Performance Package VAQ / eLSD (they actually call it the FXD) stated this differential requires an AWD transmission. I am wondering if the GTI-PP and Golf R share the same manual transmission and clutch and if this clutch is stronger? Anyone have any info...