GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Knifebright

Coolant + Oil mixed and bubbling

Ya man, essentially my car hates coolant. I feel like we got to a place of resolution but like I mentioned, I’m not going to be shocked if I get a bit more residue and need to swap another bottle in a few thousand miles. My radiator wasn’t clogged until it was, there was just a bunch of gunk...
  2. Knifebright

Coolant + Oil mixed and bubbling

My 2015 had a small bit of oil in the coolant bottle. Was in the shop for its yearly/5k maintenance and it turned into a horrific project but seems resolved. I had zero symptoms and the only thing that anyone was certain of was it was not the head gasket. Great, what the hell is the issue...
  3. Knifebright

Oil pan replaced

I had an oil pan replaced in NorCal. Somewhere around 60K. It was a small leak/crack around the seam that the shop needed to UV dye and eventually led to the oil pan. I was the first they had saw at the time but new pan, new baffles (VW specs as single use and we were in there anyway) and sealant.
  4. Knifebright

Class action lawsuit letter (Waterpump)

I was committed 😂, I did want to drive it off a cliff on that 4th but I got a shop loaner A3 for a bit so that was kinda nice Only to now receive a letter that I need to prove the maintenance on a closed system. Good grief
  5. Knifebright

Same stuff you originally sent or additional? I’m thinking of just resending with another affidavit that I properly maintained the non maintainable system.
  6. Knifebright

2nd was a dealer, 3rd was my current trusted indie shop and it cracked down the middle, just over a year so the 4th was warrantied by them. I think this one’s the one and I also think the shop is over my coolant issues so they motivated. I’ll report back when I get number 5.
  7. Knifebright

Revived the same letter today. I also included the detailed receipts for 3 water pumps. I also didn’t included the needed coolant specific maintenance records because what the hell are they asking for.
  8. Knifebright

Norcal FS/FT/WTB Thread

SOLD Hey friends! Looking to clean up my yard and get these awesome tires to a new home. I changed to a larger wheel about 6 months ago so these are no longer in use and are too good a tire just to watch die of old age. SOLD : Used Austin Wheel and Tire package x4 $675 Cross posted...
  9. Knifebright

Stage 1 - EQT - Autocross and the right plugs

Ain’t that the truth. It’s either you quietly understand how much this reduces triangle bolt stripping anxiety and just how high end the components are in them or you feverishly detest it existing and start going on about how you made one “just as good” with your car on milk crates in autozones...
  10. Knifebright

I had the wrong de-pin tool, made the classic I’m only gonna use it once I’ll go cheap here and was still the opposite of a massive pain. The pain for me was sending down an oversized tool but now I’m golden!
  11. Knifebright

Can we all play this game? 10k miles, Ruths, .28 gap, EQT E30/91 used about 75%/25% Next set of Ruths went in at .24
  12. Knifebright

Oil Pan Leak?

Mine was leaking. Was tracking a mystery leak, shop eventually dyed it. Turned out to be the pan. Had it replaced, need to also replace the baffle (one time use per vw repair manual on 15’s at least). and gasket or sealant (I can’t remember but believe it was sealant). I was the first at my...
  13. Knifebright

What did you do to your mk7 today?

I know this is age old but I’m curious how the K&N cabin filter is holding up for you. I have one for a few years that I run during the summer only now. The AC blows colder and it’s way easier to knock the dust out of on longer road trips. Some of my notes: I do find that it fogs faster...
  14. Knifebright

Disabling XDS feedback.

Hi Circling back 5 years later while we’re necroposting 👊🏼. How’d it perform with a wavetrac? I only recently pushed past ECS-Off and noticed XDS still cutting in on aggressive turns. An RSB and LSD certainly put physics in front of electric nannnys but I am curious how this works out on...
  15. Knifebright

Intercooler.... SMIC vs. FMIC

I dunno. I’ve only ever had a FMIC upgrade on my street car. Before it would tucker out after a pull, now I can wind it out to 7200 a few times after it gets moving 🤷🏼‍♂️ Seems to do it’s job. Seems to cool off faster after traffic too albeit, I didn’t take before logs so didn’t happen 😇 (I...
  16. Knifebright

My fuel filler drain tube was clogged

Have had success blasting it out with water and keeping up on it from there. YMMV
  17. Knifebright

Norcal FS/FT/WTB Thread

Few items for sale in the Bay Area. These are shipped prices. Things I need/will consider for trade. GM/Continental or equivalent, Ethanol content sensor P3 ethanol voltage adaptor OBD eleven Response will be faster on insta. HMU for questions/additional photos ect...
  18. Knifebright

Something of interest to 2015 Mk7 R owners

Just saw this for 2015 GTI as well. This is a price point I think I want to try too!
  19. Knifebright

Fender Subwoofer "cheap and easy" review

Or… after reviewing my own pictures, I bought the wrong part… Bought the correct ones
  20. Knifebright

Fender Subwoofer "cheap and easy" review

Hi all Gathering my parts and cleared out the truck while my box arrives. I got the repair wires and connector in this thread, however I need some direction. Either the part number changed, the terminals changed or I can’t figure out what I’m looking at. I’d believe all 3 😂. Does anyone...