GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. 2

I finally did it - C2!

I've been wanting to get back into a Porsche for a long time. I had a 2001 Boxster a while back and loved that car. Owned for only 3 years until our daughter came along and never had any issues with it. I started looking hard in March 2020 and ended up with my 2017 Porsche 911 C2 manual in...
  2. 2

GTI IS38 APR vs. CTR

I had another go with a Civic Type R. This time on the turnpike during off hours so we were able to play a few times. I was passing an on ramp and I saw a grey car coming onto the highway at a higher speed than anything else, plus the wing of course (can't miss that). I was passing bye as he...
  3. 2

The ULTIMATE tyre test! These are the best UHP tires you can buy for your car!

Very interesting. Hope you like! https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=344&v=4NcenJ0zmAY
  4. 2

GTI IS38 APR vs. E46 M3

I've lived in my neighborhood for 15 years and about eight years ago I dressed up in my racing suit and helmet for Halloween. One of my neighbors was going crazy about my outfit and said he's a fellow petrolhead! At the time, I had a highly modified E90 BMW 330 that he loved. Turns out he...
  5. 2

Civic Type R vs. GTI IS38, APR

Yesterday, I saw a red Civic Type R that I pulled up next to at a light and gave him the thumbs-up. He returned the gesture (we were in the middle of traffic). We eased passed a couple of cars and he stepped on it a bit and I followed. We both go stuck at the next light with me behind him...
  6. 2

GTI vs. C7 Z06 - It's all about the driver!

Was on my way home from the Phillies game with the wife and as we were coming onto the PA turnpike I was behind a new C7 Z06. I was in second gear and we both shot over to the left lane as no one was coming. I hit it and he hit it (I saw his back end drop and the exhaust started to scream). I...
  7. 2

MOMO Heritage 6

OMG I'm in love! What a fantastic design. Pricing starts at $450/wheel. Seems like they're semi-custom as you order your color offset and bolt pattern. I tried to upload them in the order of the colors listed below. Hopefully it worked. Here's the write-up from MOMO: Bringing MOMO’s past into...
  8. 2

Stoptech ST40/328mm BBK

I've finally gotten some pics of my Stoptech BBK with my Volks installed. The kit is the ST-40, 328x28 with PN 83.895.4300.XX. I did not have the PP on my car and wanted an upgrade in my braking. I have extensive history with Stoptech BBKs over the last 11 years. I had four corner BBK on my BMW...
  9. 2

IS38 vs Yamaha R?

I just picked up my car two days ago from Smith VW getting the following mods: New IS38 APR IC APR DP - Jethot Coated APR Tune APR CF Intake Hose APR Boost Hoses Forge Turbo Blanket Needless to say, the car is quite a bit quicker than the Stage 1 APR tune that I had before. I also need to add a...
  10. 2

GTI Stage 1 vs. Merc S550 vs. 328xi

So I dropped off my in-laws at the airport today and had some fun with two guys on the highway home. First was a 2011 328xi. Poor guy wasn't expecting me to basically run up on him and just let off and then run up on him at will. I know those cars REALLY well as I had a 2006 330i for eight...
  11. 2

The Difference Between 17" 18" & 19" Explained - Tyre Reviews

Interesting: http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/The-differences-between-17-18-and-19-inch-tyres.htm
  12. 2

GTI APR Stage 1 vs Cadillac ATS 2.0T

Was on my way to a client this morning and saw a customized Cadillac ATS 2.0T. Lowered, wheels, blacked out windows and some wrap on the hood/roof. The car was white with black wrap and rims. It actually didn't look bad at all. She, yes, she (I saw her hand out the window when we hit stop...
  13. 2

Smith VW 3rd Annual People's Choice Car Show and Open House May 7

Smith Volkswagen 4304 Kirkwood Highway Wilmington DE 19808 Sunday, May 7 10am - 2pm Free for Show Cars and Spectators http://www.smithvw.com/CarShow
  14. 2

Highly Modded Civic Si vs. APR Stage 1 GTI

I saw a black Civic Si that I could also hear. It had a fart can on it and was pretty loud. He saw a break and took off only to get stopped at the next light. I could see he had some suspension work done at least. I was behind him and before the light changed I can hear BRAAAAAAPPPPP where...
  15. 2

GTI vs R32 and STI

Two separate runs: I saw a lowered and modified R32 on my way to a client on Rt.78 in NJ last week. It sounded so nice! We did a couple of highway speed rolls. It was over very quickly, even though I started 3-4 car lengths back. I reeled him in quickly and just went by without a problem at...
  16. 2

WTB: APR IC & DP

WTB: APR IC Title says it all. Looking for an APR Intercooler. I picked up an APR DP. LMK what you have and $ Shipping would be to 19382
  17. 2

DP in PA?

Anyone running a DP in Pennsylvania? I'm curious about emissions testing. Obviously, I'd go for a catted DP because I don't want to have problems when I get my car tested. Is anyone having issues passing the test? I'm looking at the APR DP.
  18. 2

AMS Performance

I didn't even know they made parts for the GTI/R! https://www.amsperformance.com/product-category/golf-r.html
  19. 2

Not All Big Brake Kits Are Created Equal - StopTech Factory Tour

Great information! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7ZXe0mS_jA
  20. 2

White GTI vs. Red GTI

Was on my way to work yesterday and saw a red GTI coming up fast behind another car. So I waited a bit to check out his car (blacked out badge on the back and red decal in the emblem). So we had a couple of roll-ons at highway speeds to well in excess of "normal" highway speeds and we were...