GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. R

Anyone recognize this car/body kit?

I am not sure if this is the right thread for this. I came across the photos, weirdly, on a Chinese site. Google image search came up empty. I love the subtle widening at the rear and would appreciate it if anyone can share the story behind it. During the 6 years ownership of my gti, this is the...
  2. R

WTB: damaged GTI xenon headlights

Hi, Bit of a weird request, but I'm looking to purchase damaged gti xenon headlights, for both driver's and passengers side. So if you accidentally damaged the headlights and need to replace them, I'd like to get your damaged units. I just want the headlight housings, so you could potentially...
  3. R

Under chassis bracing

Hi guys, Been thinking about getting some under chassis bracing for my gti and I have come across the follow. Just wondering if you guys could share your opinions/experience on them. 1. CPM http://cpmtech.jp/product/?cat=5 -This is a Japanese company that I have not heard about. But my...
  4. R

Wrecked/used Golf R headlights

Does anyone know where I could find wrecked/used MK7 Golf R headlights? I know this is kind of a strange request. I've been looking for options to enable the inner "U" of the DRL in my MK7 GTI for the past year. I am also looking to retain the red strip of the GTI. As far as I could tell, I...
  5. R

Door panel clip/fastener

I came across this item on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/10Pcs-For-AUDI-VW-OE-Interior-Door-Trim-Panel-Push-Type-Fastener-Clips-w-Sealer-/261935850547?fits=Model%3AGolf&hash=item3cfc97e433:g:IHYAAOSwyQtVg479&vxp=mtr It says in the description they're for MK6, but they look identical to the Mk7...
  6. R

Alignment specs

Just wondering what sort of alignment specs do ppl have on their cars. I dont seem to find mk7 owners posting their alignment specs. While I understand that the factory specs is available, they are more focused on optimal tire wear and tamer handling. I'm looking for a more aggressive set up I...
  7. R

Heat soak

Hey guys, kind of a noob on the subject of heat soak Could anyone explain to me what would happen when 'heat soak' is present? I understand that it happens when the intake air temperature gets too hot, resulting in reduced power produced by the engine. I'm just wondering what is the reason for...
  8. R

BC Forged

Has anyone heard of this company before? It's based out of Taiwan that makes custom forged rims, among other things. I have a night blue gti and I think a set RS 43 in matte gun metal will look great on it! http://www.bcec.com.tw/wheel/index.html
  9. R

Camber plate for mk7 gti

I recently installed kW v3 coil overs on my gti. Just wondering are there aftermarket camber plates that I could install in the front? I'd like to have a little negative camber up front. Thanks!
  10. R

Driver Motorsport ECU/TCU tune for MK7 gti

Is anyone running/planning to run the ECU tune for mk7 gti from Driver Motorsport? I don't find any reviews for it here nor on Vortex. From their website, the dyno graph of their stage 1 flash closely mirrors that from APR. I understand that dyno numbers are affected by a plethora of factors...
  11. R

Downpipe LHD vs RHD

Hey guys, I live in Hong Kong but since both HK and UK are RHD, I figure I could seek advice from you guys regarding the difference in downpipe shape. I have looked everywhere on the internet but so far I could not find a direct comparison on the difference in LHD and RHD downpipes. Some...
  12. R

Wheel fitment with 5mm spacers in front

Hey guys, Just wondering if anyone know how much of the front wheels of the mk7 gti actually sit on the 'lip' at the wheel hub? I plan to add spacers in the front to make the wheels flush with the fender. I got the ECS flush kit for NA version of the gti a few months ago, but my front wheels...