GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. up4speed

Which coil overs are best for my situation

I've been going back and forth for the past few weeks trying to decide what to do. I got all the suspension parts in my cart to purchase, and I almost pushed the submit order button, and a Cayman S that looked good popped up out of nowhere, and the guy is only about 3.5 hrs away from me. I...
  2. up4speed

That's the reason that I did the JB4, and graphed everything to make sure it didn't lean out, or have too much boost causing timing pull. However, as a disclaimer, I'm not a professional tuner (I was just going by the advice of George at the company that makes the JB4), and I'm sure I wasn't...
  3. up4speed

Where to buy Powergrid front sway bar adjustable end links

I'm looking to buy Powergrid adjustable links, but I can't seem to find them anywhere online. Does anybody know where I can buy them?
  4. up4speed

I just have the JB4 at this point. I have used it reliably for a few years and a dozen track days, and it's been fine (so far, lol). However, I'm not using one of the pre set maps. I am using Map 6. I followed all of the safety parameters while logging the runs and examined all the graphs...
  5. up4speed

Thanks, I read through the thread already. It seems that we have the same exact problem. By the way, back to suspension, I'm making a list of parts needed, and I was trying to find the Power Grid front stabilizer bar links. I can't seem to find them anywhere. Does anyone have a part#, or even...
  6. up4speed

I guess if this fix doesn't hold long term, I'll try doing that every time to see if it solves it.
  7. up4speed

I just ran the calibration of synchro points. So far it's perfect, but as you know, in this situation, that's meaningless. I know there are other threads on this exact problem, but I don't remember reading about any solution. The good news is that I think it's just an annoyance, I don't think...
  8. up4speed

Oh boy, definitely the news I didn't want to hear, when I'm trying to decide to plunk money into performance mods. It makes no sense to do all the mods and repairs if the bill comes out to 1/2 of the cars total value! When I replaced the fluid, I did the basic setting, but not the Calibration...
  9. up4speed

I just looked at the OBD11 screen, there are two options, the basic setting, that I have done seven times in the past, and the “ calibration of synchro points”. I never did that one, but guess I can try that one now. Do you know if it’s OK to do one without the other? Or am I supposed to do...
  10. up4speed

Have you ever done those resets? Are they easy, I don’t want to screw something up. I’m thinking that the apps on OBD11 should be self working, and not allow a problem. But I don’t like messing with that type of stuff unless I get instruction on it. But at this point, I don’t have much to...
  11. up4speed

It depends. If I slowly release, sometimes it helps, other times it bucks slower, or maybe a little less. I have reset the basic settings several times I. The past 6 years. The first time I did that, it worked perfectly for a bout a year in between each reset (that’s why I ignored it). The...
  12. up4speed

Thank you. It sounds like the camsters are the way to go if I do the Ohlins. I will probably decide soon. I will update here with my final decision, as well as driving results after the install. One thing that gave me pause, is that my transmission is doing funny things and I don’t want...
  13. up4speed

Ok, great thanks! Now I just have to figure out which camber plates? https://www.ecstuning.com/b-034motorsport-parts/dynamic-camber-mounts-pair/034-601-1013~034/ Camber only https://www.ecstuning.com/b-034motorsport-parts/dynamic-camster-mounts-pair/034-601-1023~034/ Camber...
  14. up4speed

Thanks, I will also get the Powergrid end links. Do you think it's better to add the plates that also increase caster by 1, to increase stability at higher speeds? Or is it better to leave stock caster? Also, just to confirm, with the Ohlins, and 034 plates, there is absolutely no modification...
  15. up4speed

If I install the deadset kit when I install the coil overs, will that automatically center the sub frame and create equal camber left and right? I can install everything, then get the car aligned properly when I'm done.
  16. up4speed

Did you do the 034 mounts that just add -1.4 camber, or did you do the 034 mounts that do -1.5 camber and 1 deg of caster? Also, did you need any other parts, other than the Ohlins suspension and the 034 mounts (other than hardware that you chose to replace)?
  17. up4speed

Thanks, but unfortunately I can't make it. I have to agree. I definitely get joy out of hearing the event organizers, while pointing at me (while I'm far but still in ear shot) "that guy has the best lines, follow him if you want to improve. He's the one to beat" It feels great to pass cars...
  18. up4speed

I hear you loud and clear. The crazy part is that I'm so confused as to which way to go with it. Today I'm swaying back to keeping the GTI and trying out the Coil over option to see if it satisfies me enough to just stick with the GTI as a track car. I looked at Caymans for sale, and if I go...
  19. up4speed

The GTI doesn’t seem to have any oil pressure issues. Just fill it to the high line. The only issue I had was under certain circumstances, driving aggressively on the track, I would get a puff of smoke because the PCV system wouldn’t keep up with the g forces. I added a Racing lline catch...