GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. fuelboss

MK7.5 GTI with hollow /ringing sound even at very low speed

I know I have mentioned this many times but lets try again. Since owning a new face-lifted GTI purchased in 2018 I have a hollow/ringing sound from what I believe is from the rear but even now I am not 100% certain on that. The frequency does not change but the level of sound increases with...
  2. fuelboss

GTI 7.5 DSG 6 speed sounds like a diesel

My 2018 GTI in D mode with DSG sounds more like a diesel when revs drop below 1800 especially when car is really hot. I have to resort to manual mode to change down earlier to eliminate the noise. In my view the MK7.5 is far noisier than my original MK7. Perhaps down to soundproofing or lack of...
  3. fuelboss

VCDS - What should I buy and what does it do?

I do not have VCDS and know little about it apart from viewing codes etc for diagnosing issues. Can anyone tell me what would be good to purchase and give me an idea of exactly what can be done with it. For example can you change DSG shift points. I read that you can get a DSG tune but is this...
  4. fuelboss

DSG rough sound in 5/6th gear

MK7.5 GTI recently purchased now with 8K miles. Noticeable when under load, even slight load in 5th & 6th gear a rough, almost rattly sound from what I presume is the gearbox. This is very noticeable after about 30 minutes of driving when gearbox/engine is hot. Its almost as though the change...
  5. fuelboss

MK7 V Mk7.5 Opinions

If you have owned a MK7 GTI and now a MK7.5 face-lifted GTI have you noticed any differences between the two models and which model did or do you prefer? www.vwgolfmk7problems.uk
  6. fuelboss

Setting mode to Eco, Normal Sport etc

On my previous Mk7 GTI I am certain that if I selected a certain mode such ad normal, sport or eco that it would remain in that mode until altered by me. Now on this 7.5 I have recently purchased I am finding that the mode always reverts back to D automatically after the car has been off for a...
  7. fuelboss

JB1 Total Failure at Speed - a bad experience

The JB1 was originally installed on my last MK7 GTI a couple years ago. It was removed and fitted to my new MK7.5 GTI a little over 2 weeks ago. It ran successfully until the 18th of September this year when it caused a complete system failure while driving at speed. I was en route to...
  8. fuelboss

Are Bridgestone Potenza S001 tyres any good?

My last MK7 GTI came with Potenza S001 tyres and when I changed them to Eagle F1 series 3 I thought they were quieter. I now have a new MK7.5 face-lifted GTI again fitted with Potenza S001 all round. Wheel size is 18". I would be interested in opinions on these Bridgestone tyres particularly in...
  9. fuelboss

GTI MK7 v MK7.5 cabin noise

Maybe its just me that feels the GTI Mk7.5 facelift cabin noise is higher than on my old MK7 but does anyone else have a view on this? Tyre make comes in to this I realise but I just feel the overall noise is greater on this revised model. I also experienced s difference on a MK7.5 1.5TSI GT...
  10. fuelboss

Soundaktor levels GTI MK7.5 Facelift

I see that on this model that the soundaktor level can be adjusted. There are are 4 options, Sport, Normal, Eco and Comfort. I have now set it to Eco and the level is reduced. I presume that as their are 4 settings that Eco is 25% of the maximum. Does anyone know that is correct as I don't see...
  11. fuelboss

Can I use this to set level of Soundaktor

I need to reduce the level or switch off completely the Soundaktor in my new 7.5 GTI. I know I can unplug it but that was a bit tricky when I did this on the last car. I can ask the dealer to do it but also can I do it by using this device? Streetwize OBDII Fault Code Reader
  12. fuelboss

MK7.5 1.5TSI - what a noisy car this is.

Is it just me, am I too old, am I too sensitive, too fussy or what? New facelift 1.5TSI GT. The tyre/wheel/road noise coming out of the rear end of this vehicle is just not acceptable for the price paid. The well in which the spare tyre sits acts like a sounding board and in my opinion just...
  13. fuelboss

MK7 Facelifted v Mk7 cabin noise!

Anyone else experienced this on the facelifted model. I have mentioned the issue elsewhere on this forum so I am repeating myself a little. Purchased a face-lifted or Mk7.5 1.5 TSI GT 3 weeks ago and experienced a whining, drumming sound particularly at low speed. LH rear wheel bearing replaced...
  14. fuelboss

MK7.5 GTI Front tyres worn to 1.6mm after 5K!

Opinions on this please. Mk7.5 GTI with just under 5000 miles only My local VW dealer in Bath has a 6-month old MK7.5 GTI direct from VWUK for sale. Today I had a look around it though it has not been prepared for sale as yet. The vehicle has complete 4952 miles but both front tyres are...
  15. fuelboss

Has anyone tried these Koni Active Shock Absorbers?

I am changing my standard rear shocks on my new Golf 7.5 TSI GT1.5 Evo for the Koni Special Active shock absorbers. Has anyone else fitted ever tried these? The reason for the change is that I do believe that the Sachs rear shock absorbers that were so troublesome in terms of the rattle that...
  16. fuelboss

GTI Shock absorber advice please

Here in the UK we have a number of owners that have the rear suspension noise that originates from the shock absorbers (non DCC). Despite everything that we are doing to have VW sort this problem out, we are getting nowhere due to their arrogant stance on this issue. As you may have read from my...