GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Quebster

SOLD: APRacing 4pot 355mm BBK (Red, J-Hook)

*SOLD* $1800 USD, includes PayPal goods and services fee and shipping to continental US. Only ~10k miles on them! Had a few light track days on them, man they are fantastic brakes. APRacing does not disappoint. I never got to go full send thanks to being plagued with PCV and engine issues on...
  2. Quebster

Built motor PCV woes - Input appreciated... Excessive blowby? Vent to atmosphere PCV?

Hey all, if it's not one thing, it's another, amirite!? Anyone running a vented PCV setup with success? How'd ya do it? Currently I have a Spulen V2 PCV plate, with a VWR catch can. Could I do something like tap the top of the can and attach a breather filter? Then of course, block off the...
  3. Quebster

Golf R mid underbody brace - Part number?

Hey all, I am looking for the Golf R underbody brace, pictured here, that actually goes up and over the DP. I have had no luck finding a part number. I actually own a GTI and am pretty curious if it'll fit. I just fit a poorly-fitting DP on which hangs too low for the OEM GTI brace...
  4. Quebster

Wastegate help: Issues running OEM electric WG on EFR7163

Hi all, At the end of my rope here before giving on up this EFR. Since close to the beginning of the year, I've been trying to make my electronic WG actuator work with the EFR7163 kit from APR, not wanting to use a boxed APR tune. The problem is, once at full boost/load, when target PSI is...
  5. Quebster

Boost Leak Testing w/ VWR Catch Can / PCV System

Hey all, Another interesting problem here. I need to boost leak test my GTI to 30 PSI or so. I have the APR/BW EFR7163 system, which has a big silicone intake pipe that connects the CAI and PCV outlet like normal, right? The easiest way to get the tester on is to just pop it into the inlet...
  6. Quebster

Remove cam girdle/cover without removing lower timing cover?

Hi friends, Because reasons, I need to re-do the green sealant on my cam girdle / cover / whatever you want to call it. I’d like to know if anyone has done so without having to remove the lower timing cover and releasing the timing chain tension and etc? If so, how did you do it? I’ve been...
  7. Quebster

Crank pulley wobble... normal? Weird noise/rubbing. Help appreciated.

Hi all, Does anyone know if the amount of wobble I see in the pulley is normal? This will pretty much give me the answer to my issue. If it's normal, then clearly the crank hole in the lower cover got messed up somehow. Vid 1, with belt: https://youtu.be/74I8da-z7I8?t=39 Vid 2, no...
  8. Quebster

FS: CTS BOSS600 v2 - Less than 5k miles on cartridge, all else new

SOLD. Asking $2500, price includes shipping! Price is now firm. Never installed after upgrade to v2. ALL NEW hardware and swag included, all still in original packaging! This is basically a brand-new BOSS600 V2 kit except the cartridge itself. The V1 wastegate failed, I sent my...
  9. Quebster

Thoughts on deleting runner flaps for MQB?

Well folks, it's 2019 and recently some runner flap delete kits have come to market for the MQB platform. At least, I know CTS' was released fairly recently. I haven't really seen any discussion on them. So, how do we feel about the runner flaps on the Mk7? Are they even restrictive enough...
  10. Quebster

Aftermarket head gaskets?

Hey all, Just wondering if anyone knows of any aftermarket head gaskets. I'm going to be pulling the cylinder head for porting, so was wondering if there is something besides the OEM head gasket that I should put back on. Is this a thing or is OEM sufficient even for high HP builds?
  11. Quebster

Looking for basic insight on porting the cylinder head

Hey all, As the title states, I'm just trying to get an idea of what porting the cylinder head looks like. I suppose one of my main asks is, I have a machine shop nearby... is this something I can just go take my cylinder head and say "hey guys, I need my cylinder head ported! Here you go!"...
  12. Quebster

Troubleshooters unite! Few issues since engine build, input appreciated

Hello fellow peoples. Thought I would post a few remaining issues I'm having with the car since building the engine in the hopes you all may be able to instill some knowledge upon me. Current issues: Issues starting, intermittent. Engine will turn over several times as if there is no fuel...
  13. Quebster

Stock Longblock - '16 GTI, 26k miles

$3.5k. Let me know if interested. As title states, this is a longblock off of a '16 GTI with 26k miles. No issues, also open to building the block and selling it built if the price is right. Serious inquiries only, please. Thanks!
  14. Quebster

Neuspeed HI-FLO Turbo Discharge Conversion with TMD and new silicone pipe

SOLD $230 shipped. I have here the Neuspeed HI-FLO Turbo Discharge Conversion kit with a brand-new, never-opened silicone pipe. This kit, in my opinion, is the best discharge pipe on the market due to their silicone pipe which connects to their bigger turbo muffler delete, and must go...
  15. Quebster

FS: R/Performance Pack front brakes (Calipers/Carriers/Rotors/Pads/Stainless Lines)

SOLD Buyer pays shipping, I do have discounted rates though. PP/Golf R Front Brakes - $450 Comes with calipers/carriers, Stoptech slotted rotors (5.5k miles), USP Stainless Lines, OEM Pads (Pads need replacement soon). I know they're ugly, but they're fully functional and painting...
  16. Quebster

4 Fault Codes... input appreciated

Hey all. We just wrapped up an engine build with big turbo and I’m at around 280 miles of break in. I’m out right now so haven’t had a chance to research these codes yet. Sounds pretty bad to me, but praying for something simple (intake leak?) Any input regarding these codes would be much...
  17. Quebster

IE Full Carbon CAI for Mk7 w/ inlet pipe

SOLD $530 shipped, was $550. Price is firm! Includes the carbon pipe that goes back to the turbo inlet. Intake has been on the car for about 12k miles. Will come with all hardware, including new coolant hose clamps. Got her all cleaned and boxed up in original packaging, and cleaned the...
  18. Quebster

Used Southbend Stage 2 Daily Clutch (w/o flywheel)

$300 shipped. Southbend Stage 2 Daily clutch minus flywheel. Comes with pressure plate and friction disk. Used for about 17k miles for mostly daily driving, did see some light track and AutoX duty, but not many launches and never a 1/4 mile. Never had any issues and never slipped on me...
  19. Quebster

Secondary Air Intake (SAI) Delete?

Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone has done, or knows how to do, a SAI delete for our Mk7's? I've searched (briefly, I should add) around and wasn't able to find anything. I ask because we just wrapped up installing a BOSS600 turbo kit on my car. While this was supposed to be a "bolt on speed...