GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Quebster

Quebster's Neverending Story - 2015 GTI S 6MT - The Good, the Bad, the End... and the Resurrection!

Finally started washing my cars at home. Have to post a pic because did you really wash your car if you don’t post a pic?
  2. Quebster

Diggs24 Build Thread - "Tapioca XL"

Did you have the coolant feed attached to the turbo when you were trying to tighten the o2 sensor? I know for the IS turbskis it was best if you did the o2 before installing the coolant feed. Not sure how the XL plumbing is though. Not that it matters now, glad you got it going!
  3. Quebster

Quebster's Neverending Story - 2015 GTI S 6MT - The Good, the Bad, the End... and the Resurrection!

More GTI news: As of today she is officially IS38 all over again, with a Majesty intercooler! List of things completed last couple weekends: IS38 installed! Using Eurodyne Maestro IS38 base file with NLS (so nice not having to pay for different tune files with Eurodyne) Majesty intercooler...
  4. Quebster

Why would I trash a perfectly good daily! Yes. Except I'm going back to where it was pre-engine build and leaving it there. 😬 With this car it sure seemed like it. But these E888's are also just finicky POS princesses I've clutched a first place season win with the ZL1 1LE in the time attack...
  5. Quebster

Well I took the IS38 to get balanced and they said there shouldn't be any need. I mainly took it because some of the sealant from the coldside was kind of coming out but they said it's just the excess that gets mushed out when they build the turbo. Thought it was neat though, if I wanted them...
  6. Quebster

Stock, keeping the warranty on this one since GM will cover it even if it blows up on track 😬 Just has a CAI and AWE catback and some rear toe links
  7. Quebster

ZLE is fantastic, I don't know that I could be happier. I have blown away all lap records in the GTI (to be expected) but I mean, blown away and am running some very quick laps around the local track. Crazy what you can do when you have consistency. I'm doing a light-competition time trial...
  8. Quebster

Yep but I’m going cheap this time 😂 Got the IS38 used for very cheap and of course I still have Eurodyne so I’m not paying for any tunes. Just throw on a Majesty IC and I’ll be set! And yeah man the Q7 is awesome, I had no idea how good they are. I wanted something for the wife that could do it...
  9. Quebster

New plate who dis! GTI is still doing well. I have a small list of things building that I’m planning on doing: Replace vacuum pump - I screwed up my pump during the stock motor install and it isn’t performing it’s best Replace a couple of small coolant lines/connections IS38 install (yes… I...
  10. Quebster

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

I logged back in here to say. You're craaaaaaazy man :ROFLMAO: Go back to your bomb shelter bro! It's very sad that people like you just mindlessly ingest and regurgitate what your Facebook groups and e-mail chains force-feed you without any critical thinking. Sheep much? Typical guy...
  11. Quebster

Soundskins sound-deadening material review

Yes, pull off the plastic and try to fill in some gaps pretty much
  12. Quebster

Troubleshooters unite! Few issues since engine build, input appreciated

I replaced simply because I ended up with another head that had a working solenoid on it
  13. Quebster

Troubleshooters unite! Few issues since engine build, input appreciated

It was the SAI solenoid that's on the side of the cylinder head. It was faulty and shorting out. It's actually a fairly common issue it seems like. You'd need to replace the solenoid, or do a SAI delete and code out the CEL, which would take a tune from something like Maestro to accomplish
  14. Quebster

Couple of obligatory pics, finally snapped some shots in the day of the Mk7 in it's stockish form, lol. You may notice my front lip came off, again... this time I hit a surprisingly deep puddle of water too fast on an onramp to the highway. *facepalm* Anyone want an '01 VR6 Mk4? It's super...
  15. Quebster

😂 Thanks guys, sorry for being so damn indecisive with this thing. I've had it 6 years now, and it should be a great lil' daily for years to come!
  16. Quebster

The bumper bolts right on, no need to move wiper fluid reservoir. Only thing it interferes with slightly is the passenger-side horn. You just bend it out of the way and you're good to go. Appreciate the kind wishes. I think I'm actually going to be keeping the Mk7 as a daily. The tire...