GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. I

Anyone from MA recognize this R??

Just had this delivered from carvana in the DC/Virginia/Maryland area, it’s been slightly modified. I’ve noticed it has an aftermarket front plate mounted into the side of the bumper, a screen behind the bumper as well, cross drilled rotors and I can tell some features have been modded in...
  2. I

Who’s 2019 Indium grey R did I just buy?

Just had this delivered from carvana in the DC/Virginia/Maryland area, it’s been slightly modified. I’ve noticed it has an aftermarket front plate mounted into the side of the bumper, a screen behind the bumper as well, cross drilled rotors and I can tell some features have been modded in...
  3. I

Is the upper interior door trim removable?

I'm referring to the piece that is different colors on each of the models that is surrounding the door handle itself. I am wanting to remove this and am unsure if this is possible without removing the entire door panel or not?
  4. I

How do you feel engine replacement effects resale value?

I'm just looking for some opinions here, have a 2015 GTI with ~44k on the clock. I noticed serious oil consumption issues with the vehicle and repeatedly took it to the dealership and after performing a tear down of the motor they discovered one of the piston rings was broken. This ring...
  5. I

PCV Testing Procedures?

I believe the PCV is the culprit to my excessive oil consumption issues that I've been experiencing and equally have noted that my oil cap regularly has a thin film of oil over it.... I would really like to test the PCV to confirm it is indeed faulty especially since it's at a ridiculous price...
  6. I

Anyone expeirencing excessive oil consumption?

This just started at the 37k mark on my vehicle.. 2 weeks ago driving down the highway and the low oil light pops on, pull the dipstick and it shows to be 1qt low (bottom of the crosshatch marks), I was anticipating my oil change at the 40k point so I added 3/4qt and continued on. I assumed...
  7. I

Does anyone else have quirky issues with their iphone?

I have the car in the dealer right now for several issues I experience at random including: -Turn the car on and receive the message "Phone is out of range" -Turn car on "Bluetooth connection interrupted" and it doesn't auto connect have to manually perform the connection. -Plug phone into MDI...
  8. I

Underbody plastics GTD different from GTI?

Is anybody aware of whether there are differences between any of the underbody plastics/panels between the GTD and the GTI? I recall seeing significant streamlining attempts on the last TDI I owned and thought it would be worth seeing if there's changes I can make to improve mileage on my GTI.
  9. I

Anyone have an infrared thermometer?

I'm hoping that some members here have an infrared thermometer and leather seats on their 2015 GTI. If so can you please measure the temperature of your seats on the max setting? Thanks!
  10. I

Have an SE/Autobahn with slow/weak seat heaters? Post your build date.

I'm gathering data for those of us that have specifically SE/Autobahn leather North American models where your seat heaters take 4-5 minutes before you feel the heat after turning them on and they do NOT get that hot. If you are experiencing this please post the build date from the drivers...
  11. I

US Model GTI Freewheel/Coasting?

Do the US DSG models have the freewheel/coasting feature like the other countries Eco mode offers? I know that my MK7 certainly coasts substantially more easily than both my previous DSG TDI and GLI. If we don't have the feature is this something that can possibly be enabled via VAGCOM?
  12. I

Consumer Reports: MK7 Golf

Road Testhatchback SE 4-cyl Right from the first door thunk, the Volkswagen Golf exudes a quality feel not found in your average econobox. The Golf has long been a cut above other small cars, being more fun to drive and finished like a more expensive German sedan. Redesigned for 2015, the...
  13. I

Have you guys seen the great Canadian VW Golf vids?

There's a slew of videos and some of them are quite amusing, hope you all enjoy! http://contents.vw.ca/golf-unaverage/#1.8-tsi-engine
  14. I

US GTI owners with Drivers Assistance Package

If you have the DAP what model is your car? I am trying to work out getting a vehicle transferred to my local dealer and they are saying they can't find any SE's with the DAP. To my knowledge it was supposed to be available on all of the models, so maybe I just have to order one entirely??
  15. I

Eco mode?

Is this one of the standard features on all Euro Golfs and GTI's under the driver mode selection or is this something that comes optioned out only with DCC (dynamic chassis control). Does anyone know what all it is doing when in use, I'm assuming Vagcom maybe able to activate this on the US...
  16. I

There maybe hope for a larger screen after all!

VW just updated their site for the 2015 Jetta and it actually lists an 8" touchscreen navigation system! Seeing as how the entire layout of the new Jetta is supposed to replicate the Golf this should be something that is a direct swap, or even better yet VW is listening to their customers about...
  17. I

Euro GTI owners with DCC

After having driven your vehicles for a period of time now, do you feel the DCC feature was worth the purchase? Any pros/cons/opinions you can share would be greatly appreciated to help me in making my decision! If you happen to have the Performance Package also in conjunction with the DCC...
  18. I

Side by side pics of standard and lighting package?

I know what the standard and lighting package housings look like physically but can anyone post pictures of the lights turned on with the DRL/low beam/high beam between standard and lighting package as well as outward beam lighting to see the differences? Just trying to see if it's worth the...
  19. I

Considering trading my TDI for a GTI, questions

I visited my local dealer yesterday to drive a GTI for the second time and I've run into some snags as I seem to know substantially more about the product than the gentleman that's worked there for over a year does... My Jetta TDI is a 2010 with 54k on it and is very clean/well taken care of...