GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. F

Is this normal VW behaviour

Bit of a story so bear with me. Last Easter weekend we (my wife and I) decided to go with a special easter offer on a showroom car. The leaflets describing the cars specs and extras etc listed the retail price of the car as $219,880 (this is in Hong Kong dollars $13=£1.00) and the special easter...
  2. F

Head unit fails to read SD card after Ign off

Really irritating thing - sometimes after IGN switch off my Composition Color head unit fails to read the SD card and reverts to radio. Simply ejecting and plugging SD card back in works but obviously it goes to the first track on the SD card. Is this one of those things that I'll just have to...
  3. F

LED's and Licence plate

I bought a kit of new generation 5730SMD LED's from a US company. The interior is now almost floodlit they're so bright but unfortunately the licence plate LED's threw up a dash warning to check licence plate lights. Not sure why this happened as these LED's are supposed to be CANBUS proof but...
  4. F

Overhead Map/Courtesy lights

Thought I put this in a separate post as I'd read in another post that to remove the map/courtesy dome lights you need to access two slots from inside the sunglasses cubby to remove the console. I'm not sure if different Golf models have different consoles (obviously the sunroof models will...
  5. F

Duh!!!

So far only covered 200km's and still getting used to the car. Went for a drive today, parked up and - crap - key won't come out! Panic - can't remember reading anything on the board about stuck keys! I'm pulling and pulling, arguing with the wife, about to phone VW when suddenly realised I...
  6. F

Is DSG technically a manual g/box

Just getting to understand the workings of the DSG box so would appreciate some clarification. My understanding of an automatic is a box with a fluid torque converter, planet gears and sun wheels with brake bands to control gear shifts. My understanding of the DSG is that it's a manual box but...
  7. F

Can you tell the build wk from VIN

Im about to take delivery on Monday of a ex showroom model (not test driven). The initial contract I signed showed that the car was made in 2013 but checking the VIN number (just received) shows it as 2014. How can i tell when it was actually made?
  8. F

VW oil compatibility chart

Found a VW pdf chart for VW502 00 and VW505 01 oil compatibility. Updated chart has now been published. Unfortunately the pdf is too big for the forum rules to post for direct download so have linked to it instead here...
  9. F

Plug & Play System

I have a Golf Trendline which comes with the basic 5" Composition Colour audio head unit and 8 spkr set up. I've been told by VW HK that the Plug and Play sub unit is not compatible with this setup - can anyone confirm if this is true? The VW website describes it as "suitable for vehicles with...
  10. F

Steering wheel change

New member from Hong Kong saying hello and hoping my second ever Golf will prove better than my first rust bucket - in fairness that was a very early MK1 1100 with severely rusted inner wings (in only a few years) and the teeth on the plastic oil pump drive were just about to go!! Anyway a...