GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

"replace key battery" warning even after replacing battery twice!

I’ve seen this issue pop up on a number of car forums. Some (maybe all?) manufacturers are applying a bitter tasting coating to coin cells to keep kids from eating them. Sometimes it needs to be cleaned off if the contacts don’t scrape through to make a good connection.
  2. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

https://www.racingjunk.com/other/184494219/1995-bmw-e36-m3-s54-track-car.html
  3. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Can I interest anyone in a track-only E36M3 with a S54 swap? Run with a GT4 for 1/3 the money.
  4. M

Toyota GR Corolla Discussion

I just ran across this thread. Been away from the forum for a while as I traded my MK7R for a GT4 a couple of years ago. I had been keeping an eye out for a new R (although I hate the sunroof), but there were none to be found near me. I just picked up a GRC with 2K on it from a friend...
  5. M

Track Pads for R, GTI PP - SOLD

Biennial bump.....
  6. M

Carbotech XP10 fitment issues - 2019 MK7.5 Golf R

I ran the XP12 CT front pads on my R with stock rotors for one weekend. They rattled like hell, but worked fine.
  7. M

Need help with Stoptech brakes

I got mine here. Might be worth a try. https://www.ohioperformancesolutions.com/caliper-rebuild-parts
  8. M

Need help with Stoptech brakes

Last time I did my ST40 they pressed in easily. Are they the correct size?
  9. M

Track Pads for MK7.5 R

Shameless plug..... I still have these sitting around. Make me an offer. I will be at VIR 3/9 if that helps.. https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/track-pads-for-r-gti-pp.386568/
  10. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Well done! Within a second of what I did in my GT4 last summer, and you were faster on the straights. Your car is fast!
  11. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

So the Garmin actually stitches together video of your best segments? That’s pretty cool. Now all you have to do is emulate that video and you will have a 2:09……
  12. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

I sold my R (which I regret), so I’m not a MK7 owner any more, but I like to keep up with how you guys continue to develop the platform. I’m doing VIR with CLT Speed in late November with the GT4. Small group, more track time than I can stand…. Hoping to beat my best time in the M3. I was...
  13. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Which VIR event? I'm looking at the TrackAdvantage event in November.
  14. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Indeed. 2800#, 320 whp. I’d like to take another 100 pounds out of it.
  15. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

It’s hard to compensate for the forward weight bias in low speed corners, so I can see how those turns can be problematic. Setting the car up for more rotation might be helpful at an autocross, but might get sketchy in the high speed stuff. I’ll take the low speed understeer. My M3 is an E36...
  16. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

I went back and watched your 2:10 lap video. While my GT4 is a bit faster at the end of the long straights, your car actually pulls harder off the slow corners with its mid-range torque (once you get traction…) Surprisingly, data shows that my M3 is faster than the GT4 up to 120 when it hits...
  17. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

I had it up there in May with Track Advantage and was only able to do 2:08.xx. From the posts I’ve seen some of you guys are getting very close to that. I’ve done high 2:05 in my M3, so I was a bit disappointed that the GT4 wasn’t faster. I’m still learning the car, so there’s more in it...
  18. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

I'm tempted to bring my GT4 to that one to see if I can keep up with you guys.