GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. T

Subaru of topic Texas car

My son is working on purchasing a Subaru Impreza WRX STI 2007 imported to Sweden from Texas US year 2012. It’s with the “famous” 2,5 litre engine known for the “ringland” issue. The engine have gone through a total makeover with Wiseco pistons, Eagle rods Arp head bolts 10000 km ago. Not to...
  2. T

Golf R Extended oil consumption during track days

I have experienced extended oil consumption during “hot” track days with hard heavy braking. I use oil with spec. VW 504.00/ 5w-30. As someone mentioned on this forum “if you don’t notice high oil consumption in Golf GTI/R on track, you don’t brake hard enough…” Last track day I visited was...
  3. T

Remove 3rd brake light Golf R hatchback

I need to replace my 3rd high brake light on my R. Two sections are gone (no light in them). GTI + R have a plastic spoiler on top of the rear door. Does anyone know how to remove the rear spoiler? I don’t want to scratch it or destroy anything as fasteners and so on. I suspect its glued in...
  4. T

Why don’t you tell us your location?

Many of you who posts on this forum doesn’t tell us where you live in this world. It’s very good to know since VW:s have different configurations in different regions. You can't expect people in general to understand a local town/village as a geographic description or perhaps two letters which...
  5. T

Production of Golf Variant /Estate

This one is from the Zwickau plant. Production of Golf Variant /Estate. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d8JdJQisag&feature=youtu.be Short version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2JWZBLFEzM&feature=youtu.be Found via VW forum SE :). /Peter
  6. T

CTS Turbo intake kit – which filter oil?

I have just bought a CTS intake kit for my 7 R. I suppose it contains a cotton filter. From what I know CTS haven’t any filter oil of their own. I intend to use K&N filter oil + cleaner. (The filter is red). One can use any cotton filter oil brand available..... What oil do you use? I suppose...
  7. T

Pretoria wheel colour.

Pretoria wheel colour. FOUND IT I have caused a minor curb scratch on one wheel edge. No big deal… Have anyone ordered a set of LZ49 “High gloss wheel met. “ spray set?. It’s not possible to order in Sweden from VAG dealers. Not available. From where could it be ordered? This time I will just...
  8. T

Volkswagen Golf 40 years

First delivery 29 March 1974. Goes not for GTI since it's just 38 years old so far... From what I heard big celebrations in DE this weekend. German http://de.autoblog.com/2014/03/28/happy-birthday-40-jahre-vw-golf-1974-2014/ English...
  9. T

Owners manual Golf R

When I got my Golf R delivered last week I noticed that Owners manual didn’t have a "marking" for “Golf R”, just header printing for Golf, GTI and GTD. The header of Service plan was filled with all other models exempt "R". This is in Sweden, perhaps they don’t print a special edition for R...
  10. T

R comparison from Autobild

For you who read German. Found it via our VW SE forum. Comparison with focus on sportiness. BMW M135i x-drive Golf R Audi S3 R the sportiest. M135 little bit faster around the track than R, S3 far behind R around the track. Wonder why, obviously not the same car :)...
  11. T

R Exhaust system in Race Mode 2+2 pipes

This is very positive information I got via a SE forum. Hopefully it’s possible to have the exhaust system in permanent “race mode”, have to be investigated when the car arrives :D. Perhaps with a small modification which will leave the butterfly valves in open mode regardless the “race”...
  12. T

Golf R - I have also ordered

Golf R - Update As I mentioned in another tread I’m an owner of one MK 7 SE Estate. I suppose that’s good enough to qualify to be on the forum. In October -13 I ordered a Golf R with manual gear box. It will replace my GTI 6. In Sweden and as e.g. in UK many features as Radio Composition...
  13. T

Presentation new forum user

Hi all! I am new user of this forum. So far one can say that I am a dedicated VW guy, definitely a senior :). Over the years we always have had at least one VW in the family, that goes from the day I took my driving license. I live in southern Sweden. Vehicles today: GTI 6 2010 tuning BSR...