GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Anayat

Discover Pro Nav Speed Cam Sound Alerts

Sorry if this has been posted before, I just took delivery of my GTD, I downloaded and converted Speed Camera POIs with sound alerts which is great, I get a nice audible alert when coming up to a camera. But the issue I have is when I'm using the nav I don't like having the voice guidance, I...
  2. Anayat

Upgrading from a MK7 to GTD

So I've had a MK7 for 3 years and this week I picked up a GTD (after a grueling 16week wait), and I just wanted to share my first impressions. I was a bit apprehensive about upgrading, with 1 the MK8 coming to market soon and it being essentially the same car again. However, these two cars in my...
  3. Anayat

Colour choice?

Sorry about this, I know it's been posted half a million times on this forum, but I'm really torn. I've had the MK7 for 3 years now the lease is over, I loved the golf, being my first german car and first volkswagen, I don't think I can buy another car that is not of the same quality, I've...
  4. Anayat

Door open beeping

I live in a gated neighbourhood, recently the area management decided to replace the electric gates for the carpark with one that I have to manually open with a key because the electric one kept breaking and it was proving too expensive to repair. Anyhow... I now have to get into my Golf, drive...
  5. Anayat

Fuel Gauge

Just curious if this issue is just on my car or if anyone else is having this same issue, So when I fill up a full tank from the MFD saying range 0 the needle doesn't move off the full marker for the first 50-80 miles, after that it will go down gradually. However I get about 150 miles...
  6. Anayat

My car is 1 today!

And quite poetically at midnight yesterday I hit 10,000 miles.
  7. Anayat

Window Tinting

I'm looking to have my rear and possibly front windows tinted. Has anyone had this done, and if so can you post some pictures of how it looks. Also does anyone know if any interior trim pieces need to be removed and reinstalled in the process of applying the tinting film. Thanks.
  8. Anayat

Didn't know the Golf could do this.

Pretty cool, something you don't usually get on a small hatch.
  9. Anayat

Option boxes you're glad you ticked?

Thought it would be nice to know some options people are really happy about ticking. I suppose it might help some prospective buyers out. For me, I'm glad I got the Satnav, and debadging options for engine and model badges on the boot lid.
  10. Anayat

Well some piece of s**t did this to my car today.

I'm concerned that more paint will peel off over time. So look like I have a pricey respray on my hands. Any rough ideas about what this will end up costing me in UK£ please? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. Anayat

Should I get a GTI or Golf R?

I have a 2.0TDI MK7 SE at the moment which I've had for nearly a year now. I love this car to pieces. By far the best car I've owned (justifiable given that I came from a Citroen C4) Now we as a family need a second car, and I can afford to spend up to £30,000 on a new car. I was thinking...
  12. Anayat

Service intervals

My car told me I was due for an oil inspection service after 8,000 miles. When I booked it in and took it down they told me the car was set up for a long life service, every 2 years/20,000 miles whichever came first. However looking on here it seems people have had their dealer actually carry...
  13. Anayat

MK7 mats with metal heel pad?

Anyone know of any mats tailored for the MK7 that have a metal heel pad? I paid £80 for the premium mats that have the white piping around them to match the Pure White paint I went for, I love them they look great, problem is after less than a year my drivers side mat is getting flat and work...
  14. Anayat

Lightning MDI cable album art. (Again I know I'm sorry but really bothers me)

I have the green collared lightning cable, (bought off eBay for £9 and then warranty replaced by dealer because they thought it might be faulty) This is my issue. iPhone 5s displays album art perfectly, but can't find supported video files. 7th gen nano, no album art, it's really...
  15. Anayat

Map Update Discover Media SatNav System

Recently updated my satnav to version P36_N60S3MIBS2_EU_NT_Q1.13.7z, have done another update in the past however this update has for some reason removed all street names from the map, the names appear only on the MFD screen. I have tried downloading just the one file from the update site, and...