GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Dagobah

Lighting Fault

Since owning my car I have had two bulbs fail on me (well, one blown headlight bulb and a brake light bulb that had only fell out of its socket) and each time the Vehicle Status has highlighted exactly which bulb was at fault. The problem I have at the moment is a "Vehicle Lighting Fault" that...
  2. Dagobah

New Starter Motor

Hi all, my car has just been back to the Dealer after my starter motor was "running on" for a couple of seconds after cold starts. Turns out it has a manufacturing defect and is being replaced under warranty :(. They also carried out a full car check-up which did not show up any other faults...
  3. Dagobah

Electrical Sounds

Had a few people ask me what the various electrical noises are in my car (so must be noticeable). Just wondering if anyone knows what specific items start up at each of the following times. 1) after you have opened your door for first time in morning there is a 3 or 4 second continuous...
  4. Dagobah

VW Ensurance

Has anyone signed up for VW Ensurance as it is now offered free for 3 years for VW customers. You have to call them first (not your actual insurance company) if you have an accident, and they make sure your car goes to a VW dealer for repairs and genuine parts etc. They supply a courtesy car and...
  5. Dagobah

Brake light bulb

Only done 250 miles so far and was surprised when a message on MFD warned to check my brake light bulb. Having taken the rear nearside cluster off (yes, you have to remove it to get to bulbs) I found that the push-in fit Halogen bulb had fallen out of its connector. At least I know how to get at...
  6. Dagobah

Life with my Golf

Thought I'd share my views and comments on living with my new Golf (for those who are interested) and will try to update. Starting with the collection from Dealer. My very first contact salesman at VW from test drive to purchasing will be my main contact for all problems, help and advice...
  7. Dagobah

My New Golf

Hi all... Picked up my SE in Pacific Blue this morning, thought I'd share some pics.:) Also attached pics of before and after fitting exhaust trims. I will share my views on ownership soon, but on first days driving I'm well pleased.
  8. Dagobah

Free 7 day insurance

Sorted the 7 day insurance today. Tried to do it via web but the link on my welcome pack from VW wasn't there anymore (must be old pack), so had to phone them, not a problem with that but I knew they would try to sell me full insurance. And yes they gave me a quote, but were not at all pushy...
  9. Dagobah

New Style Radar

As my SE arrived at dealer the other day, so I shot across there to sort out the paper work and take a few snaps. Noticed that VW have changed the Radar on our 63 plate Golfs, its flat not domed as previous version. All set up for collection 1st September.:D
  10. Dagobah

Not long now....

Just had a delivery update on my SE 1.4 TSI ordered on 6th june from my sales guy at VW Derby. Last week on the online tracker it was "in transit" (which is now down for maintenance) he says its awaiting crossing to UK from the docks at Emden in Germany and will be with them last week in august...
  11. Dagobah

Golf Mk7 Owners Manual

Hi all Looking forward to collecting my Golf Mk7 1.4 SE in Metallic Pacific Blue, which has a build date of week 29 (22nd July 2013). I am told it should be available early September on a 63 plate. I was just wondering if anyone knows of a pdf version of the owners manual is available out-there...