GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. JohnV1

Several cabin rattles & buzzing identified and cured

I'm sure I'm not alone with this problem. I'd spent Sunday morning tracing and rectifying several annoying rattles and "buzzing" in my Golf GT cabin. This is a real bug-bear of mine that grinds my gears on an otherwise excellent car. The first culprit is the plastic door sills where the...
  2. JohnV1

Total Discover Nav failure on my GT

A few weeks ago the Discover Nav on my Mk7 started to freeze with symptoms such as the touch screen buttons no longer responding. This got progressively worse until the unit started self re-booting with increasing frequency. I'd already tried restoring the factory defaults, un-pairing all...
  3. JohnV1

Mk7 TDi Fuel Range - what did you get?

Over the past several days my GT TDi 150 managed an epic 654.7 miles / 1047.52 km on a single tank of diesel, driving all the way down to 0 range on the MFD. This is the best result to date. The engine is getting nicely run-in @ 15,000 miles and the weather's been very good. My commuting...
  4. JohnV1

Creaking doors? Mystery solved

For the last couple of weeks my GT all of 7 weeks old was developing a really annoying creaking emanating from what I thought were the door cards and/or plastic trim around the doors, particularly when driving over undulating or uneven surfaces. Sounded like sailing in an old galleon ship, it...
  5. JohnV1

VW Licence Plate LED's for non-GTD/GTi Mk7's

I've just had the reg. plate incandescent units replaced with the LED units. Although the official VW Golf Accessories brochure states that they are "Designed for Customer Fitting". In my experience they are not. The dealer has to hook up the car to VW diagnostics and enter code 381AA...
  6. JohnV1

Mk 7 TDi Emissions Improvements

I know an awful lot of folks don't give 2 figs about emissions but I still think it's worth stating how much VW have improved them over the last 3 years. I just happen to have a photocopy of my old Mk6 TDi V5 reg doc and compared it to my new Mk7 TDi: Mk6 GT 140 TDi...