GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. marvin1

Auto clock change during GMT/BST

My MK7 Golf that I have had for two years now doesn't seem to have a function in its Infotainment system whereby the clock changes automatically when our clocks go forwards/backwards, twice a year. I have in my Time 'settings' either the choice of 'Manual' or 'GPS.' When I set it to 'Manual' I...
  2. marvin1

Leaving Bluetooth ON

When one goes into Phone settings in the Golf, in order to use a Smartphone linked via Bluetooth, the car's Bluetooth has to be turned on to pair with the phone. After using the phone for various journeys, is it necessary to turn off the car's BT to avoid unnecessary car battery drain or does...
  3. marvin1

Start/Stop system not Start-Stopping!

Naturally, I have this system on my Golf MK7 and always make a point of turning it off after having started the engine as I detest its continual use in stop start traffic jams. However, lately and with the small mileages I do (<100ml/week), it is not functioning most of the time now as battery...
  4. marvin1

The Quietest tyres to fit.

Irrespective of performance considerations, does anyone here have any knowledge or suggestions as to what make of tyre (205/55 R16) would be the best ones to fit to my Golf to give the quietest ride? I find the MK7 disappointing in the level of road noise transmitted into the cabin compared...
  5. marvin1

Satnav malfunction after accident

Someone hit my car a fortnight ago and today I got It back from the VW repairers looking great with new front wing, headlight assembly, front bumper apron, three new tyres and new N/S alloy wheels. Anyway got the car home and then put various things back In the car and then turned on the...
  6. marvin1

So endeth the first year with my Golf MK7

On Monday my car went into the dealers for its first 12 month service. It was delivered back to my house just after 5pm. Despite the report sheet saying it had been washed and vacuumed it looked a bit dusty. I decided to take the car for a short spin around the block. In doing so I got involved...
  7. marvin1

Confused by VW Satnav

I get confused over 'Destinations' and 'Routes' in my VW Discover satnav. I sit in the car and find my destination etc and then eventually press 'Store' and edit title if necessary and press 'OK'. When I check on that particular bit of navigation again I bring up a menu and both 'Routes' and...
  8. marvin1

Updting VW Satnav maps

It's a pity that this process i.e updating the maps seems a bit involved (at least to me it does). I have the media discover system with a VW SD card which supplies the map data and it appears that no other blank SD card will work in the system. I downloaded their Discover Care software which is...
  9. marvin1

Battery condition meter.

Have your seen this product sold on Amazon? It plugs into the cigarette lighter socket and gives immediate reading of battery condition with engine not running/or running. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vehicle-Battery-Voltage-Monitor-Checker/dp/B007FW9HFK/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8 I...
  10. marvin1

A nuisance 'click' solved at last

Since I have had my car in July last year I have been aware of an irritating clicking or light knocking (flexing) noise coming from somewhere on the driver's side. I though this might be somewhere in the A pillar, Driver's door etc and was apparent every time the car traversed all but the...
  11. marvin1

My tyre pressure range.

My car's tyre pressure range is given on the 'B' pillar as are most cars nowadays or inside the petrol filler flap. The photo shows the range of pressures for different loads and I, for comfort ride have set them at the those indicated by the red circled rectangle in the photo attached. I...
  12. marvin1

Make of tyres on your new Golf?

When you took delivery of your new Golf, what make of tyres were fitted and are you happy with them?
  13. marvin1

TPMS system in MK7

Does the TPMS system in the Golf have senders in each wheel at the base of the valves or does it solely work on rotational differences as detected by the ABS system when there is a loss of pressure?
  14. marvin1

Instrument data recorder's anomaly.

Yes, I know my new car has three data recorder which are 'Since Start', 'Since refuelling' and 'Long Term' . The 'Since Start' was like my MK6 which recorded data and summed it provided the car was used for a number of times but if the car was then not used, after 2 hours the recorder would...
  15. marvin1

Tyre pressures - Again.

Here is a photo of the sticker on my 'B' pillar and shows the variety of pressures with that particular one with an exclamation mark against it. I have lowered mine from about 35psi to 32psi for the time being and reset the TPMS of course . Any comments would be welcome. Sorry about the...
  16. marvin1

Tyre pressures on my MK7.

When I open my driver's door, on the 'B' pillar is a sticker giving various pressures depending on load etc. as per usual. My 'normal' recommended pressure with two up is 35psi, which seems high to me but and does make for a somewhat hard ride. There is also a tyre pressure listed with an...
  17. marvin1

Start/Stop system too efficient?

I have only had my car a week now and love it but I am only doing short journeys most of the time and even from a cold start, this weather the AutoStop system works well, within a mile of pulling away and so if a lot of queueing then there are a lot of engine re-starts which I'm sure isn't good...
  18. marvin1

Retracting door mirrors and speed!

I have just realised, after a few days, that if my road speed is 30mph or above, my door mirrors won't retract when I operate the button on the inside of the door. This is quite unlike my MK6 whereupon one could operate this function at any speed. Once I drop down to 30mph or less than...
  19. marvin1

Picked up my new Golf last Thursday!

About a week ago I went into a VW dealership in Sevenoaks, Kent just to have a look again at the Golf and Golf SV. I was apprehended by salesperson and told them my doubts about the electronic handbrake which has always been a bugbear of mine. I was asked whether I wanted a demo there and then...
  20. marvin1

Picked up my new Golf last Thursday!

About a week ago I went into a VW dealership in Sevenoaks, Kent just to have a look again at the Golf and Golf SV. I was apprehended by salesperson and told them my doubts about the electronic handbrake which has always been a bugbear of mine. I was asked whether I wanted a demo there and then...