GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. DallasDub94

FS: IE Gen 3 Cold Air Intake $300 SoCal Shipped

It's a Gen 3 a IE V1 the old version ... V2 is what most ppl are familiar with now.
  2. DallasDub94

Car died while Idling, won't start now. Only code is p0365

Update #2: Talked to shop again this morning. From their initial comments I was under the impression whole block was fubar'd. Discussed with them again this morning after they looked at some more. Said bottom end should be fine. Basically jumped time and trashed the head. So now the...
  3. DallasDub94

Low mileage block off LKQ probably. Got one with mid 60s on it about 200 miles from me. No remans available from the dealer. So it'd be nearly 10k + ship for a new one. Not sure how I want to address the shop yet. I know I'm a bit too pissed right now to be responding to anyone. I know I'm...
  4. DallasDub94

I agree. Told that to the shop that did the install. That it wiggled loose over time due to Improper torque and they said no way too long of a time period. And that they aren't liable at all. Mind you this is the most expensive and well established independent shop to my knowledge in Dallas...
  5. DallasDub94

Only thing I can think of is additional nvh from engine mounts caused it. But even still it shouldn't happen. Plenty of folks running upgraded mounts
  6. DallasDub94

Brand new pulley, brand new arp bolt. Called the shop that did the work and was unsurprisingly told to F off basically. That since I provided the part which was brand new, they hold zero liability on not only the part (understandable) but also any install error.
  7. DallasDub94

Just to update everyone. Crank Pulley/Bolt backed out. Had an Fluidampr installed professionally about 20k miles ago. Crank hasn't been touched since then. Motor is shot.
  8. DallasDub94

Yes, Start/Stop car. However, I have start stop disabled using the B2BFAB harness that inverts the button function so it's off by default. I've been running it for about a year. I wasn't in the car at the time it died. My mom was in the passenger seat, said it sounded "kinda weird" and stalled...
  9. DallasDub94

Yeah I'm going. Check, the "starter?" was more so to confirm I was attributing that noise to the right thing. Pulled filter & housing nothing metallic or milky or out of the ordinary, oil is clean 3500-4000 mile old LiquiMoly Also oil level is good. Dipstick was clean also.
  10. DallasDub94

Attempted to jump, no change. And battery voltage prior to jump was 12.4 Just hearing a whirring/grinding noise (starter?), doesn't turn over when attempting to start.
  11. DallasDub94

I'll take my jumper/charger out there and try, gotta recharge it first. I believe I got it spring last year. Full size AGM battery. No clicking or flashing of the dash like when I had batteries go out on my Mk6 or MK7
  12. DallasDub94

Basically. Can hear the starter, doesn't turn over.
  13. DallasDub94

Update #1 Update #2 I was running errands today and when I stopped the car and idled it for less than 5 min while I ran into a store to grab something it died completely and wouldn't start back up. My mom was in the passenger seat and said she might have seen something about...
  14. DallasDub94

FS: ORT RS Coilovers, 034 Ball Joints, Stud Conversion, etc

Hyperco Pn# 187B0650 Yes willing to sell separately. $115
  15. DallasDub94

I think end of this week iirc. My set still available if anyone is interested!
  16. DallasDub94

Sorry for late response. Buyer pending on ball joints. If falls through, will update!
  17. DallasDub94

Bump, price drop to $1300 on the coilovers. Cost $1600 +tax/ship new and without extra spring set ($150). Save ~$450+ on a practically brand new set of coilovers.
  18. DallasDub94

I think they are probably one of the best mid $$ range coilovers you can by for these cars. I'd say the Ohlins I have now with (400/575 F/R spring rates) ride about 30% better on the street, while costing over 2x as much. The ORT handle like the car is on rails and ride fairly well. If I did...