GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

2.0t HPFP swap on 1.8t

Not sure if you guys saw this but apr just released their conti turbo tune for the mk8 gti. Pretty wild gains for a stock turboback and fuel system. https://www.goapr.com/blog/post/apr_stage_3_oem_ecu_upgrade_for_the_mk8_gti_/
  2. D

2.0t HPFP swap on 1.8t

I'm not sure if the injectors on the gen3 nonmqb gli are the same as those found on the mk7 gti. Maybe try putting on a mk8 hpfp and injectors. Also the mk8r has a brushless lpfp now so you could also look into that. A mk7 gti hpfp with upgraded internals probably won't flow as much as a stock...
  3. D

Gbot's 19R 2.5VR6T Build

Can we get a back to back dyno runs? Also will you have an e85 tune for the vr550t?
  4. D

Gbot's 19R 2.5VR6T Build

I doubt many people will be copying your turbo at this moment. I'm just saying if I'm paying 40k for engine build i'd like to know the specs of the turbo that is going in. Plus I'd expect the turbo to at least be ball bearing and have current turbo tech given the price.
  5. D

Gbot's 19R 2.5VR6T Build

Hmm. Do you know the specs of the hybrid turbo you guys made for it? Is the hybrid turbo ball bearing? Will you guys have versions of the 2.5t vr6 with the electronic wastegate? Also why was it necessary to upgrade the cams and hpfp again? Seems like most other vw group engines with direct and...
  6. D

Gbot's 19R 2.5VR6T Build

Hi Jonathan I have a few questions. Did you guys teardown the 2.5t vr6? Is the 2.5t vr6 you are selling still stock bottom end? Or are you guys selling the kit with a built bottom end just be on the safe side? Also do you have the specs of the stock td04 turbo?
  7. D

New Garrett Turbos for MQB

Yeah I know eqt says the pmax 2 has surge and shit but Jeff at UM and a few other tuners say it doesn't have surge or that the surge is minimal. I also have seen a few pmax 2 graphs with 0 surge. I think it really just depends on the tuner. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  8. D

Gbot's 19R 2.5VR6T Build

I do like how the tiguan R and the arteon R come with dq500s.
  9. D

Gbot's 19R 2.5VR6T Build

I don't think so. You'd need to find a good 3.2 for sale without the 3.2 tax and you would need to piece together a turbo kit for it. You'd also have to get rid of the aisin slushbox.
  10. D

Gbot's 19R 2.5VR6T Build

I wish VW would make an Atlas R with the 2.5t , mk8r diff and dq500 to compete against the mdx type s, ford explorer st etc. I think it would sell fairly well in North America.
  11. D

Gbot's 19R 2.5VR6T Build

Have you guys seen this 2.5t vr6 build?
  12. D

2.0t HPFP swap on 1.8t

Eh i wouldn't say incredibly plus it increases your fueling headroom significantly. Plus you don't have to pay for a carbon cleaning. I'm also not sure if eqt can tune a 1.8t with an upgraded hpfp. A b9/q5 gen3 2.0t hpfp might work too. 06K-127-028-J. It looks the same as the 1.8t hpfp but its...
  13. D

2.0t HPFP swap on 1.8t

Just add mpi instead if you're eqt tuned. Yeah you can't just swap over the gti hpfp you need the vaccum pump as well.
  14. D

2.0t HPFP swap on 1.8t

Yeah if you want to head down that route. Who is tuning your sportwagen?
  15. D

TPC Performance Housing Turbo Thread (Not the IS38 Ball Bearing thread....)

Get a garrett powermax stage 1 2260. Same spool and responsive as the is38 but you will make 30-40whp more than the is38 on the same fuel.https://www.garrettmotion.com/racing-and-performance/performance-catalog/turbo/2014-2018-volkswagen-audi-2-0-l-tsi-mk7-stage-1-stage-2-turbocharger/
  16. D

2016+ Clubsport Modifications - Part Numbers

Does the clubsport s gti use the same oil pan and pcv system as the other gen3 tsi vehicles?