GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. tgodon13

Rear window defogger issue

I noticed today that when I turned on my rear defogger it started to work then seemed to stop working. Turned it off for a little bit and back on and it did the same thing. I could see the window starting to clear, then a little while later it was fully fogged again. Has never been an issue...
  2. tgodon13

WTB: MK7 GTI Lower Grille (2015-2017)

Before I order a new part wanted to see if anyone in the NJ area had an undamaged lower center grille that they want to sell. I had a little run in with an animal over the winter and have a section of my grille missing😞 Must be in perfect condition, no broken tabs, no damage to the grille...
  3. tgodon13

Sway Bar Question

I see there are both solid and hollow/tubular types available. What are the advantages/disadvantages of solid vs. hollow tube type sway bars? Basically just looking for a rear - On stock suspension - Daily driver car so I do not need or want anything too aggressive. Thanks....
  4. tgodon13

6MT Trans Oil - What are you using?

If you have replaced your trans oil what did you use? I have put a little under 3000 miles on the car with Motul Gear 300 75w90. I have not been happy with it at all, especially when hot. Shifting becomes much higher effort and notchier. I am going to replace it ASAP and want to know what others...
  5. tgodon13

Trouble with Shifter - 2015 6MT

2015 GTI 6MT. When cold I do not have any issues. After the car has been driven for a while and is fully warmed up it becomes very difficult to shift. High effort is needed. It becomes very hard to get into 1st, and is nearly impossible to get into reverse. I had a DKM Stage 2 clutch installed...
  6. tgodon13

New clutch & trans oil - Shifting firmer/notchy?

Picked up my car yesterday...had the following done: DKM Stage 2 clutch installed, Motul Gear 300 75w90 trans oil, bleeder restrictor removed, and pedal assist spring removed. I've put about 80 miles on it so far. I know break in is 500-1000 miles. Aside from the heavier pedal and engagement...
  7. tgodon13

Clutch Replacement in NJ

Anyone have recommendations for a shop or someone doing side work for a MK7 GTI clutch replacement that won't break the bank on labor? Looking to do a stronger clutch while still utilizing a dual mass flywheel. I'm in the Somerset/Hunterdon county area and looking for someone within an hour of...
  8. tgodon13

Information on CEL with 2 Codes - No performance issues

2015 46k miles - JB1 MAP6 - AWE Track Cat back - Injen CAI - All have been on the car for 42k with no issues. Started the car this morning and immediately had a CEL. I drove about 15 miles total with a couple stops at stores. No performance issues, car is running as normal. When I got home I...
  9. tgodon13

General G-Max RS Tires

Anyone running these? I would like to see some real world opinions from anybody that has them. They got a really good review here: https://www.hotrod.com/articles/generals-g-max-rs-may-change-the-way-uhp-tires-are-made/ ...and here...
  10. tgodon13

Ross-Tech Micro-CAN For Sale

SOLD --Ross-Tech Micro-CAN For Sale **** SOLD ****
  11. tgodon13

FS: 2014 Ducati 899 Panigale - New Jersey

Garaged stored and pampered 2014 Ducati 899 Panigale. Never down or abused. Fantastic like new condition. Only 3216 miles. Never ridden in rain, never on track. Adult owned & ridden. Bugs and road dirt have been cleaned off after every ride. UPDATES/UPGRADES: Panigale Spacers throttle...
  12. tgodon13

VERY LOW mile 2012 R at NJ dealer

Saw this in case anyone is interested. Bridgewater Acura has a 2012 R with only 631 miles on it for sale. It's a base R without Nav/Sunroof package, but it is basically NEW. http://www.bridgewateracura.com/inventory/used-2012-volkswagen-golf-r-4motion-awd-awd-base-2dr-hatchback-wvwrf7aj3cw214651
  13. tgodon13

Miles of Smiles

Turned 20,000 on my 2015 GTI yesterday. Still loving the car. I put 11,300 on it between August 2015 & December 31, 2015, so only 8700 miles since January 1, 2016. Working from home helps keep that mileage down!!!
  14. tgodon13

Recall

Does anyone have any additional info on this recall? Do we know when parts will be available? I'll be taking mine in for the 20k service in 1500 miles and would like to get this done at the same time. I have not called VW yet, figured I'd reach out to the group first.
  15. tgodon13

Spotted In Branchburg, NJ

I had a guy in a Carbon Steel Grey Mk7 2 door behind me this morning on Readington Road in Branchburg. When he turned off I waved and he waved back. Just wondering if you were here on the forum. Another forum I was on (Non-VW) had a "SPOTTED" category for just this.
  16. tgodon13

Engine Cover Wrap

My first attempt at vinyl wrap. Probably should have picked something with a less complicated surface!! It has some small imperfections here and there so I'll probably make another attempt at it. Just wanted a little red accent.
  17. tgodon13

For Sale: 2014 Ducati 899 Panigale - NJ

Decided to keep it....
  18. tgodon13

Car Show - Open Road VW, Bridgewater, NJ

June 28 - 6:00pm - Midnight
  19. tgodon13

What is considered Stage 1, Stage 2, etc.

I am still fairly new to tuning. What is typically considered Stage 1 and Stage 2? My '15 GTI has an Injen intake, JB1 running Map 6, and AWE Cat Back Track Edition exhaust. So where am I at? Thanks...
  20. tgodon13

VAG-COM - Backup Camera

Anyone know of a tweak that will allow the backup camera to stay on longer after shifting out of reverse? I like to keep my car closer to the garage door opening for more room in front of it, so if the camera stayed on longer I would not have to shift back to reverse to know I was where I want...