GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. tgodon13

Rear window defogger issue

I noticed today that when I turned on my rear defogger it started to work then seemed to stop working. Turned it off for a little bit and back on and it did the same thing. I could see the window starting to clear, then a little while later it was fully fogged again. Has never been an issue...
  2. tgodon13

Brake life and new pads?

I'm at 83k on my 2015 and still have some life left in them. Plan on doing pads and rotors soon, just picked up a full set at a great price for someone that bought them and sold the car before doing the brakes.
  3. tgodon13

Reset car in limp mode

Just took it to a local VW guy. He was not there but one of the guys there ran a VCDS scan. 4 intermittent codes came up: 23096 - Intake Air Temp Sensor (G42) P0113 00 [032] - Signal too High - Intermittent - Not Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear 15358 - Engine Torque Monitor 2 P1335 00...
  4. tgodon13

Reset car in limp mode

Just started having EPC issue. EPC light comes on, car goes to limp mode. Shut off and restart, EPC clears , car runs fine. No codes or check engine. This has happened twice in the last week along with occasional multiple start & stall issue. Car is 2015 6MT and has 81,000 miles. Spark plugs...
  5. tgodon13

2 Door GTI's

2015 SE 6MT
  6. tgodon13

Show us your MK7

My 2015 GTI 2 door SE 6MT. Purchased new in August 2015.
  7. tgodon13

Tire pressure, 225/40 and 235/40 same?

I run 33 psi in my 235/40 General AS-05's and the wear across the tires is even. I just checked tread depth across all tires when I took my winter set off.
  8. tgodon13

WTB: MK7 GTI Lower Grille (2015-2017)

Before I order a new part wanted to see if anyone in the NJ area had an undamaged lower center grille that they want to sell. I had a little run in with an animal over the winter and have a section of my grille missing😞 Must be in perfect condition, no broken tabs, no damage to the grille...
  9. tgodon13

FS: OBD Eleven Scan Tool

FYI, the Pro license is NOT transferrable
  10. tgodon13

Sway Bar Question

I see there are both solid and hollow/tubular types available. What are the advantages/disadvantages of solid vs. hollow tube type sway bars? Basically just looking for a rear - On stock suspension - Daily driver car so I do not need or want anything too aggressive. Thanks....
  11. tgodon13

DKM Stage 2 Clutch?

Long story short is the DKM was removed and returned on an RMA from ECS after working with DKM support. Car now has a South Bend Stage 2 Daily installed and all is good. Looks to have been a defective pressure plate according to DKM support.
  12. tgodon13

DKM Stage 2 Clutch?

Any issues? I have been having issues with mine. I have about 3500 miles on it now and have had some issues since it was installed. 1) Clutch still lets out right at the floor. Had to remove the pedal stop but you still barely need to move your foot and it starts to engage. 2) This is the BIG...
  13. tgodon13

GTI Mk 7 6MT Reverse Not Engaging Properly

Looks to have been the clutch pedal stop. I had an aftermarket one in from when the OEM clutch was in the car, changed it to just the first pad when I got the new clutch, which is. A few nights ago I completely removed it and have not had the issue since then. To answer your comments. Bleeding...
  14. tgodon13

6MT Trans Oil - What are you using?

If you have replaced your trans oil what did you use? I have put a little under 3000 miles on the car with Motul Gear 300 75w90. I have not been happy with it at all, especially when hot. Shifting becomes much higher effort and notchier. I am going to replace it ASAP and want to know what others...
  15. tgodon13

Trouble with Shifter - 2015 6MT

Yes, with the car off it is fine. Since posting this I removed the pedal stop. I had previously installed a taller one when the stock clutch was in. I had since removed all of the additional thickness and it was down the last pad. After removing it completely I have not been able to duplicate my...
  16. tgodon13

GTI Mk 7 6MT Reverse Not Engaging Properly

I am having a similar issue. However, NOT when cold, it happens after the car is hot. Shifting becomes notchier with more effort needed, and when arriving home it is nearly impossible to get into reverse and very difficult to get into 1st. Shutting off the car the shifter returns to normal...
  17. tgodon13

Trouble with Shifter - 2015 6MT

2015 GTI 6MT. When cold I do not have any issues. After the car has been driven for a while and is fully warmed up it becomes very difficult to shift. High effort is needed. It becomes very hard to get into 1st, and is nearly impossible to get into reverse. I had a DKM Stage 2 clutch installed...
  18. tgodon13

auto Body shop in NJ

Amwell Auto Body in Hillsborough.
  19. tgodon13

Need advice on tune that won't destroy OEM clutch

I've had a JB1 since 2500 miles running MAP6 with low boost at 3500 RPM and below. My stock clutch made it to 51,600 miles before I started getting frequent slip. Just had a DKM Stage 2 clutch installed. I am 100% happy with this clutch at far less than a South Bend. You need to remember, at...
  20. tgodon13

New clutch & trans oil - Shifting firmer/notchy?

Picked up my car yesterday...had the following done: DKM Stage 2 clutch installed, Motul Gear 300 75w90 trans oil, bleeder restrictor removed, and pedal assist spring removed. I've put about 80 miles on it so far. I know break in is 500-1000 miles. Aside from the heavier pedal and engagement...