GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Whackamac

Let's talk Wide Body for racing...

Thought I would start a discussion about wide body options for those of us that wish to use it to improve track times and handling. The last year, and especially the last 2 events I went to, I have been approached by several Nationals winning Autocrossers and was told that with the times I am...
  2. Whackamac

Broke oil filter housing rod!!! Can't find part

I was dumb. Let's leave it at that. I was changing my housing for the CTS Housing and somehow managed to break the rod that hangs down from the housing internals. The stick with the 2 O rings and the ball on the other end. Cannot find the part number... Help?
  3. Whackamac

Dark Side Mk7 GTI Build Update

Been a while since I posted. A lot in life has happened, but you just keep fighting and recovering.. But. The GTI. She has won many hillclimb and autox trophies now and has been dropping jaws everywhere I race. Other than the wreck in 2015...:rolleyes:. I've decided to keep her instead of...
  4. Whackamac

Throttle Body Spacer for MK7 GTI?

Anyone know if they make a TB spacer for the MK7 yet? Water/Meth port is a bonus. I found a spacer on CTS' website but it doesn't fit the EA888.3. Been searching... Anyone find one yet?
  5. Whackamac

IS38 Upgrade is SLOOOOOWWWW......

APR Stage 3 Homies.... almost 500HP on 93 octane. http://www.goapr.com/products/stage3_ea888_mqb.html
  6. Whackamac

2015 Cascade Lakes Hillclimb!

Please excuse my excitement in advance... :wave: I started doing Hillclimb Racing http://www.nhahillclimb.org, with my old Focus ST, last year after finding out about them through our local autocross club. Needless to say, it is dangerous, it is difficult, and it is a f***ing blast!. :screwy...
  7. Whackamac

18" Austin Wheels - New and unmounted

Just got my wheels exchanged under the "we forgot to fully paint them" program. I have other wheels I like better, therefore they must go for more go fast parts... Wheels have the OEM tires on them, so bonus! So.. 4 New (properly painted) Austin Wheels - Never mounted 4 Pirelli A/S with ~8k...
  8. Whackamac

Was invited to my local dealer next week.. Why??

I stopped by my dealer yesterday to take a peek at their trinket room in the parts department for something cool to celebrate my GTI becoming an evil modded beast. When I walked out, just about the ENTIRE sales staff was surrounding my car checking it out. They asked questions, I answered...
  9. Whackamac

18x8 wheels 19.6lbs $159 each!

Was looking for some inexpensive, light wheels to throw some Michelin PSS's on for my hillclimb and autoX fetishes. Came upon a Tirerack sale today. Advanti Racing Drago 18x8 et45 wheels for $159 each. Found that they weigh only 19.6lbs which is a significant weight drop from the stock Austins...
  10. Whackamac

MK7 GTI vs. Magnum R/T Modded

Long story short, a modded Magnum R/T is no match for a well modded MK7 GTI... :cool: Was driving on a remote mountain highway that links my city with our neighbor (~80mi) when I started getting into the twisty portion of the drive, I look in my rearview and I see this black car WAAAY back...
  11. Whackamac

So who's down for racing? Meets?

Seeing there has been no love in the NW section, I thought I would spark something (pun intended) like a conversation or something.:cool: Anyways, I race SCCA and the NHA Hillclimb circuits in the northwest. I can also be found at a drag strip here and there too... So who wanna race? I go to...
  12. Whackamac

APR 1.2 Update Out!

Went and got the APR 1.2 update today and to recode VCDS for ESC Defeat. I do have to say, the 1.2 update feels much better and smoother than 1.1 so far. The power delivery is SOLID, and feels good through the whole rpm band. The upper RPM band is definitely more responsive as well. I look...
  13. Whackamac

Custom Exhaust Mod!

Well, I was looking at all the exhausts available for the Mk7 and couldn't see paying all that money for one so I, with the help of my local "Muffler King" modified the stock Mk7 exhaust like I did with my old Focus ST which turned out great... So.... We cut the rear cat and resonator out and...
  14. Whackamac

Extremely Festive GTI

Entered my car into our local Snowflake Parade tonight. Was a blast! This is what a GTI looks like all Jingle Bell'ed out :D
  15. Whackamac

PP and DCC as a post purchase kit...

Simple question. What is the change of getting PP and DCC as an after purchase option? VW could take more of my money if so... Discuss....