GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Whackamac

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Installed my Yellowstuff pads and Audi RS3 Brake Ducts.... Bedding in pads sucks.
  2. Whackamac

Let's talk Wide Body for racing...

Thought I would start a discussion about wide body options for those of us that wish to use it to improve track times and handling. The last year, and especially the last 2 events I went to, I have been approached by several Nationals winning Autocrossers and was told that with the times I am...
  3. Whackamac

Cut the strut towers for camber bolt access. Had car aligned to -2.5 F and -2.0 R camber for racing this weekend.
  4. Whackamac

Installed the RS7 plugs and Eurocode front brace. Still waiting on Eurocode to send the rear brace. It's been some time now and I am getting worried.
  5. Whackamac

Well I finally bought my ST XTA Coilovers, CTS throttle and boost pipes, stainless brake lines, RS7 plugs, wheel stud kit w/lugs. Lots of work coming...
  6. Whackamac

Removed as many parts off my '15 GTI that my patience could tolerate, traded the old girl in (49K mi), and picked up a brand new '17 GTI DSG Sport. Let the re-modding begin.
  7. Whackamac

Broke oil filter housing rod!!! Can't find part

I was dumb. Let's leave it at that. I was changing my housing for the CTS Housing and somehow managed to break the rod that hangs down from the housing internals. The stick with the 2 O rings and the ball on the other end. Cannot find the part number... Help?
  8. Whackamac

Dark Side Mk7 GTI Build Update

Been a while since I posted. A lot in life has happened, but you just keep fighting and recovering.. But. The GTI. She has won many hillclimb and autox trophies now and has been dropping jaws everywhere I race. Other than the wreck in 2015...:rolleyes:. I've decided to keep her instead of...
  9. Whackamac

Ordered a thing or two today.... This pretty much completes my build (for now). All I have left is coilovers and engine mounts. And maybe a turbo someday... yay racecar! What else do you guys think I need? lol... Clutch suggestions? (dual duty, I drive this every day...) 1 of : Badgeless...
  10. Whackamac

Contemplated, once again, on either getting ST XTA Coilover kit or BFI Stage 2 or 3 clutch w/flywheel... ugh... -The clutch will make me faster when I race the car (hillclimbs / autox) -The Coilovers will make me faster when I race the car... -The clutch will hold better than my 40k mi stock...
  11. Whackamac

Throttle Body Spacer for MK7 GTI?

Anyone know if they make a TB spacer for the MK7 yet? Water/Meth port is a bonus. I found a spacer on CTS' website but it doesn't fit the EA888.3. Been searching... Anyone find one yet?
  12. Whackamac

IS38 Upgrade is SLOOOOOWWWW......

APR Stage 3 Homies.... almost 500HP on 93 octane. http://www.goapr.com/products/stage3_ea888_mqb.html
  13. Whackamac

2015 Cascade Lakes Hillclimb!

Please excuse my excitement in advance... :wave: I started doing Hillclimb Racing http://www.nhahillclimb.org, with my old Focus ST, last year after finding out about them through our local autocross club. Needless to say, it is dangerous, it is difficult, and it is a f***ing blast!. :screwy...
  14. Whackamac

New Civic Type R

i think this new honda is going to appeal to the fanboi and the curious... Lets See... Honda type R $36-40k ish... Or... Golf R $36k+ WRX STI $40k Focus RS ~$40k Audi S3 $41k and... Dart SRT4 (confirmed 12/16.. no details. go to bottom and look at product plan)...
  15. Whackamac

probably makes for quite the 3 some.
  16. Whackamac

Going to install my yellowstuff brake pads today and begin bedding them in! AutoX is this weekend!!!
  17. Whackamac

18" Austin Wheels - New and unmounted

Just got my wheels exchanged under the "we forgot to fully paint them" program. I have other wheels I like better, therefore they must go for more go fast parts... Wheels have the OEM tires on them, so bonus! So.. 4 New (properly painted) Austin Wheels - Never mounted 4 Pirelli A/S with ~8k...
  18. Whackamac

Got my stock wheels exchanged today for some brand-new never gonna be mounted on my car stock wheels (paint issue). Got the 10k service done too. Never seen so many mechanics hover over a car.... Then to realize one of them owns my old Mazdaspeed 3! That was cool... And the brand new never...
  19. Whackamac

Getting ready to go test the racecar... I need to explore my new limits of adhesion. I have tried twice, but failed to find it thus far. This thing is suuuuuper sticky.
  20. Whackamac

Was invited to my local dealer next week.. Why??

I stopped by my dealer yesterday to take a peek at their trinket room in the parts department for something cool to celebrate my GTI becoming an evil modded beast. When I walked out, just about the ENTIRE sales staff was surrounding my car checking it out. They asked questions, I answered...