GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. 1ashchuckton

Photos from the past...

Another old one...
  2. 1ashchuckton

CSB3: Cb1 -The Least Credible Forum Member Since Boosted Makes Wild Spam Post Crowning Ritz Cracker And Ketchup To Be Great Pizza

I've always liked MINIs. I had my 2006 MINI Cooper S for nine years. Only sold it when my knee turned to gravel and couldn't push the clutch without much pain. My plan was to buy another MINI, but this time with an automagic transmission. Looked at one and even test drove it. Drove fine, but I...
  3. 1ashchuckton

THE Formula One Thread

Here is an interesting video that helps explain things a bit. <iframe width="560" height="315" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share"...
  4. 1ashchuckton

THE Formula One Thread

Great race for sure. I almost didn't watch it, sure glad Congrats to Sainz on a well driven race. I sure do feel bad for Russell, I hope they fine Alonso and give him a few penalty points on his license. What a chicken shirt move. Edit.... Alonso receives a 20 second penalty for his brake check...
  5. 1ashchuckton

CSB3: Cb1 -The Least Credible Forum Member Since Boosted Makes Wild Spam Post Crowning Ritz Cracker And Ketchup To Be Great Pizza

I have had good luck with Discount Tire over the years. It seems the last couple of times I have been there the quality of service has really gone down. The tire busters who were once knowledgeable and careful workers have been replaced by a crew who don't seem to give a damn or know what they...
  6. 1ashchuckton

Some dolt will buy that car for what the dealer is asking or close to it. The dealer has time on their side, they will wait for the big fish. I bought my car used. Yep CPO, but no mods, if it had any I'd have walked. I saved 6K buying used instead of new. Made perfect sense to me.
  7. 1ashchuckton

THE Formula One Thread

Another yawner of a race. Oilli Bearman was the bright spot. Today's Indy Car race was much better....
  8. 1ashchuckton

And remember just because they have a Hunter Road Force machine doesn't mean everyone who works there knows how to use it properly. At the Discount tire I use there is one guy who is good with that machine. I was told by the manager to only have that guy do it for me.
  9. 1ashchuckton

I thought the EP3 was slow. Have you drive each one? I think over in Yourope it was 200HP. My memory says it wasn't that many here in the colonies. Maybe they used smaller horses. The MINI was something like 168 or so. Maybe the supercharger made it feel faster, low end torque that the Honda...
  10. 1ashchuckton

I came very close to buying one of those EP3 minivans in I'd guess 2005. Trouble was it was too darned slow. Took a 300 mile back road test drive in a friends MINI Cooper S. Ordered one the next day, fast and nimble as all get out. As much fun as a guy could have with his pants on. Miss that car...
  11. 1ashchuckton

When I see that color or rather lack of color I think all it needs is a good wet sanding and a color coat sprayed on. My sweetie calls them ready for paint.
  12. 1ashchuckton

I drive a 6 IRON, but for folks who drive a 7 IRON here you go..... 7 IRON....
  13. 1ashchuckton

THE Formula One Thread

That was one truly boring race. It was hard to stay awake watching this one.
  14. 1ashchuckton

When I sold a 4Runner, gave all the records to the sales guy. He said thanks and threw them in the trash. WTF! :rolleyes: I have kept a service log for all of our cars. When I sold the Meotter I think it gained me a few more bucks and made the new owner happy. Man I sure do miss that car...
  15. 1ashchuckton

That has been my experience on a few new cars I've bought. Now open the hood and check everything. Pull the dipstick, I'm serious. Really like your new ride, perfect!
  16. 1ashchuckton

I could still drive a manual, but it hurt to do so, hence the DSG. Now that my knee is better I can push a clutch with the best of them. My friend took me out in his Porsche to see how I'd do. It went fine, but my shoulders really hurt from rowing the gearbox. Don't get old if you can help it.
  17. 1ashchuckton

Oh boy old fart talk! Now something I can relate to. Wore out my left knee about fourteen years ago, arthritis bone on bone. My arthropod doc said no need to do anything, here is a shot of some viscous fluid that will fix you right up. It helped for maybe the first couple of times I got it...
  18. 1ashchuckton

You youngsters who feel old make me laugh. I start my 73rd trip around the sun next week. ;)
  19. 1ashchuckton

Brother's Sportwagon, oil falling into a black hole!

Not an expert, but if it's losing oil it is one of two things. It is leaking oil or it is burning oil. I'd guess it is burning oil. Your brother needs to be checking his oil at least once a week and adding when needed. As far as your measurement goes, did you account for what was in the oil...