GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Beaker1

MD emissions test and Downpipe

Contact Country Dubs in White Marsh. They can give you all the details you need including software options and down pipe solutions that will work.
  2. Beaker1

MD emissions test and Downpipe

Milltek HJS catted downpipe and a number of others with HJS cats will work for stage 2 and above, plus a tuner that either doesn’t disable the O2 sensor or can flash you back to stage 1. I run the Milltek setup and passed zero issues.
  3. Beaker1

SID’S GOLF MK7R REVO STAGE 3

Beautiful car!
  4. Beaker1

Revo IS38ETR - Just Arrived

Revo IS38ETR Turbo just arrived so hopefully going to start the install process sometime next week. Should be a solid upgrade and a lot of fun. Just awaiting a couple more items that I ordered and show be ready to go. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  5. Beaker1

Steering wheel upgrade

Well decided to do a little upgrade to my steering wheel and so happy I did. I wasn't truly happy with the thickness (that's what she said), so I purchased a fully sculpted carbon fiber one with perforated leather sides with hand nubbins on the back. Much thicker and a little smaller in diameter...
  6. Beaker1

A few drive bys this evening

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/587840978ef64/20170112_212327.mp4 https://vimeo.com/199263200 Mk7R with a pretty cool exhaust! Not mine, my buddies..very cool! Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  7. Beaker1

Oettinger Spoilers are finally installed

Well I figured I would pass along just in case anyone else was considering the Oettinger Spoilers. I did the front spoiler and splitter (2 separate pieces) and the roof spoiler. The paint match for the Oryx was critical as its a 3 stage paint so I had to take the car in to color match...
  8. Beaker1

Racingline r360 wheels

Just mounted up some of the brand new racingline r360 wheels. The specs are 19x8.5 et 44 with Continental DW 235 35 19 with 3mm spacers riding on Racingline springs.
  9. Beaker1

Racingline R360 wheels

Just posting up Racinglines brand new R360 wheels. The specs are 19x8.5 et 44 with Continental DW 235 35 19 tires and 3mm spacers riding on Racingline springs.
  10. Beaker1

Racingline parts just arrived

So just received some parts from racingline. I purchased the high flow turbo inlet, the turbo muffler delete, and the catch tank and oil management kit. All are being installed on Friday with the help of my buddies over at Country Dubs. I'll report back what I see and feel.
  11. Beaker1

Diverter Valve HELP

What DV are folks using for their mk7r? At what point should I consider installing one? I'm jb1 with a DP and intake at the moment. Was told I should consider one. Just want to find one that fits too. It's tight next to the apr intake pipe. Any help or Picts would be great. Had Forge of my GTI...
  12. Beaker1

What is your occupation?

Welcome! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  13. Beaker1

OBDeleven Coding Simplified

Anyone that has a VW that wants an easy way to code your car look into obdeleven. It's pretty cool, you can do your own coding for free but they also have apps that you buy which do all the coding for a particular item for a fee or credits. It's actually really really cool. Just used it for a...
  14. Beaker1

OBDELEVEN coding for Euro tail lights Amber turn signals

Has anyone coded a mk7 GTI or R for the euro tail lights to get the amber turn signals to work using OBDeleven?
  15. Beaker1

Stoptech ST60 stats

So I recently ordered a set of stoptech st60 brakes with the 355mm slotted rotors. I installed them last week and now have about 350 miles on them and they are fully bedded. Figured I would pass along some pictures and stats. Weight savings per side is about 13lbs I will post pictures of the...
  16. Beaker1

How do the exhaust flaps work on the MK7R

Can someone walk me through exactly how the exhaust flaps work on the mk7r. When they are suppose to be open and when they are suppose to be closed? Trying to get an idea if mine are working as they suppose too. So when it's in drive are they closed or open? When in S mode are they open or...
  17. Beaker1

VWR Exhaust for Mk7R

Has anyone had the opportunity to buy and install e VWR exhaust for the MK7R yet. I just ordered mine on Friday and it will be here tomorrow. I ordered the full TBE in resonated, valved and catted. Just wanted to see if there were any other folks with this exhaust on their cars. Cheers Sent...
  18. Beaker1

What is your occupation?

Risk Management, Private Equity / Real Estate Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  19. Beaker1

Shopping for downpipes

So I have been shopping for downpipes and I a specifically looking for one that will not give a CEL. With that being said it appears that I have found 2. AWE and HPA. AWE guarantees no CEL with their downpipes and I just received an email from HPA that on their new downpipes for the mk7r that...
  20. Beaker1

MK7 GTI vs GOLF R Comparable Tunes

So I have been looking at the tunes as it relates to the mk7 gti and golf r. I am curious about the crank hp and tq levels, specifically APR's numbers, again crank numbers not at the wheel. It shows for a stage 2 93 Golf R tune at the HO level the following numbers at the crank (this would be...