GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Roadrunner_GTI

"Official" Lap Times Thread

Another “unofficial entry” since I’m a mk6, not mk7 😄 But I appreciate this thread so I figured I’ll add some data points. Track name: VIR Full Course Track location: Alton, VA Lap time: 2:11:29 Year/model: 2013 GTI 6spd Estimated total vehicle weight with driver: 3,300 Estimated wheel...
  2. Roadrunner_GTI

Wookies in the Woods ‘23 Roll Call

It started as an R32 / R20 event and has slowly morphed into a VW, Audi, Porsche, and BMW event.
  3. Roadrunner_GTI

The RBQ is sold out but that’s not the actual driving part. Was trying to get some mk6 interest, for whatever reason this generation is like the black hole in attendance at track, autox, and driving events. Lots of mk4, 5, and 7s though.
  4. Roadrunner_GTI

Anyone heading to Tail of the Dragon for Wookies this year? I’ll be driving down from VA on Thursday. Thinking about getting a smaller group of experienced drivers together for some more spirited runs on Friday, before the usual weekend traffic.
  5. Roadrunner_GTI

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Conner, you come to VIR and I’ll come to Laguna Seca 🤝 😆
  6. Roadrunner_GTI

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Thanks Joe, I know you’re extremely familiar with this type of driving at the limit…it’s a bit of organized chaos. I spent the first few sessions forcing myself to be smooth, focused, and calm. Then later sessions I had more open track and started to push the limits. I’m ecstatic with how the...
  7. Roadrunner_GTI

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Just wrapped up my first event of the year at VIR. Ran the Full Course Monday and Tuesday, with great weather both days. Set a PB of 2:11:29 on the second day chasing a C6 Z06 with full aero.
  8. Roadrunner_GTI

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Welcome! You ran with Bryan Garcia correct? I didn’t make the TSCC event, but will be heading to VIR with Trackdaze Mar 21-22.
  9. Roadrunner_GTI

2017 GTi PP at VIR

When’s your first event this season?
  10. Roadrunner_GTI

2017 GTi PP at VIR

The Grand Course is an absolute blast. Extremely technical with elevation changes and blind turns. My PB is a 3:05, but that was on brand new NT01s on a frigid day. My goal is low 3s, and possibly high 2s.
  11. Roadrunner_GTI

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Amazing!!! It’s scary how close our speeds are, obviously your line is better. I will say you maintain better speeds up the climbing esses, but we both end up at around 111 at the top and 85-86 at T10. Few things are as rewarding as setting a PB after fighting issues. Well done 👍
  12. Roadrunner_GTI

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Congrats on the personal best!!! 👏 What specific issue are you running into when overlaying data? I typically will trim my GoPro video down to my best lap, then upload that file to my iCloud account. Once there I can access it from my iPhone, and overlay it in Harry’s.
  13. Roadrunner_GTI

2017 GTi PP at VIR

I’ve heard mixed reviews from the R888R, but I will say the track felt cold and was not at its best grip-wise. I recently stepped up to 255/40r17 NT01s, and they felt slightly better than the 225/45r17 NT01s I ran at VIR back in August. I ran a best of 2:12, but was truthfully hoping for...
  14. Roadrunner_GTI

2017 GTi PP at VIR

You’re running into all the same issues I had when I ran my APR k04 tune earlier this year. I was running lean on the top end, the ECU would compensate by pulling boost, and the boost would flutter. To add to that, the engine made a ton of heat due to lean condition. Made for several miserable...
  15. Roadrunner_GTI

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Great to hear the cooling mods helped. Today was unusually warm, so good day to test it out. As far as the boost flutter issue, is it happening at a specific RPM or the entire range. I’ve seen boost flutter issues when there’s a lean condition on the top end. Any way to run logs on track?
  16. Roadrunner_GTI

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Happy to hear you’re back in a GTI John. You gonna have this thing ready for VIR in November? 😉
  17. Roadrunner_GTI

2017 GTi PP at VIR

I’ve heard a few people talk about this, and then using the uphill section of the track to do nearly all of their threshold braking. Not going to lie, it takes guts 😅
  18. Roadrunner_GTI

2017 GTi PP at VIR

The past two events my typical speeds on the back / front straights are 135 / 131. There’s more in the car, but we intentionally kept boost low on the top end because my injector times are too high. I usually brake at the 1.5-2 marker on the back straight, since the braking zone is uphill, then...
  19. Roadrunner_GTI

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Happy to report that between my Setrab 19 row oil cooler, aux coolant radiator, and Verus hood vents…both my oil and coolant temps are back under control. Hoping you get the same results.
  20. Roadrunner_GTI

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Goodwood Member’s Meeting and the Revival are two if my favorite motorsports events of the year. Some of the best racing, vintage and otherwise, happen during those events. They flat out drive and it’s a blast to watch.