GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Abbott Martin

Help! 6 Errors, Total Electric Freakout!

Well my car was doing just fine then out of nowhere I got 6 error codes. Assumed the battery is bad so took it in to Auto Zone for a replacement. Battery test came back as showing no issues. Disconnected the battery and waited awhile. Then I went for a drive hoping the codes would clear. It’s...
  2. Abbott Martin

Replaced Windshield. Mirror won’t connect?

So….Safelite replaces my windshield. All the functions work except High Beam Assist. I take it in yesterday - then the guy says he can’t get the rear view mirror to attach (apparently it was hanging by the wire this whole time). Now they will need to order an OEM windshield. Is this true...
  3. Abbott Martin

Adjusting Oil Change Reminder

So I adjusted my oil change reminder settings. Now it’s showing 3200 miles til the next oil change (had the oil changed about 12 miles ago). Can’t figure out how to get it to where it comes on at 7,000 miles instead of the factory 10,000.
  4. Abbott Martin

Ouch! Big repair (Timing System/Cam Phasers)

Well my car started sounding rough over the past several months and few thousand miles (at approx 66K miles now). I figured it was due to carbon buildup or bad plugs/coils. Changed out the plugs and it started sound both better and worse than before…almost like a tractor engine at idle & certain...
  5. Abbott Martin

Savagegeese GLI Review

This guy has a fantastic channel if you haven’t seen his work! https://youtu.be/aVc27IU5Jms Sent from Winterfell using Ravens.
  6. Abbott Martin

CarPlay Update Coming

Great news! Soon we can have two apps running at once. https://www.slashgear.com/apple-carplay-could-be-ios-13s-most-important-update-03579133/ Sent from Winterfell using Ravens.
  7. Abbott Martin

Is my DSG Tuned?

Is there a way to detect if a DSG has been tuned? Bought my car from the original owner and it had an APR tune on it. Anyways: I know most tunes add the “M1, M2, etc” function when in manual mode but do all of them? The reason I ask is Sport mode works really well, better than I remember it...
  8. Abbott Martin

Renault Megane 300 Trophy vs. VW Golf GTI TCR

https://www.pistonheads.com/features/ph-features/renault-megane-300-trophy-vs-vw-golf-gti-tcr/39946 Sent by raven from Castle Black
  9. Abbott Martin

Adding "Comfort" Steering Mode

Hello all. Is it possible, using VAGCOM, to enable the Comfort steering mode in a GTI? The Golf R has 3 steering modes (Comfort/Normal/Sport) whereas my GTI only has two.
  10. Abbott Martin

Mk 7.5 Cost Cutting

So I’ve read random bits of info around the Forums about features VW removed in the 2017 Mk7 & 2018/2019 Mk7.5 models. What all were they? So far I’ve seen: LED backlit overhead switches LED ring around the console 12v outlet Chrome on window switches Underseat storage drawer Lockable glove box...
  11. Abbott Martin

Should I Worry? Replaced DSG

Got all my car’s records back: Previous owner replaced the DSG around 7,000 miles. CarFax showed the sunroof was replaced however this was not listed (all work done two VW dealerships). They seem to have paid out of pocket, too. This would have helped with price negotiations had CarFax not...
  12. Abbott Martin

Got Records - DSG Replaced

So I just got all the PO’s service history on my GTI. The DSG was replaced at 7,600 miles. How long is the warranty on replacement parts? Maybe someone can analyze the cause? Also noticed a few issues that were mentioned 25K+ miles ago that are still showing such as a rear passenger wheel...
  13. Abbott Martin

Jeremy Clarkson Review of Mk7.5

Jeremy Clarkson reviews the Golf Mk7.5 (Excuse if this is a duplicate post) https://www.driving.co.uk/car-reviews/clarkson/clarkson-review-2017-volkswagen-golf-gti/ THE CLARKSON REVIEW: 2017 VOLKSWAGEN GOLF GTI They say it’s new, but thank heavens it’s not ONE OF the problems with running a...
  14. Abbott Martin

Photoshop Help

Anyone here handy with Photoshop? Want to see what my car would look like having my Austin wheels' with the stock black accents and silver face coated white. Here is a photo to go by
  15. Abbott Martin

Fast Gas Gauge Issue

I filled up Sunday, drove about 15-20 miles (normal driving, 30-45 mph with little traffic, maybe a few bursts of quickness but no winding out the gears or anything) and the fuel gauge was showing 3/4 tank. This is the second time it has happened. Indicated consumption since last fill is ~23...
  16. Abbott Martin

Painted Austins

Any photos of painted Austins? Preferably black or white. Any recommendations as far how to change the color? My wheels have terrible rash and that seems like the best stopgap before new wheels.
  17. Abbott Martin

CarPlay Podcasts = Blank Screen

My Apple Podcast app shows a blank screen. Sound works and it shows on my phone, Waze works, etc...but the Podcast app is just a black screen. Any tips on fixing this? thanks!
  18. Abbott Martin

Cheap Dynamic Turn Signals

Hello My GTI has the European dark cherry LED tails. However they are not coded for yellow turn signals. Today on the way to work I was behind a BRZ with the dynamic yellow turn signals and man they look good! There are many options out there for harnesses, etc. What have you all found to be...
  19. Abbott Martin

Dynamic Turn Options

Hello My GTI has the European dark cherry LED tails. However they are not coded for yellow turn signals. Today on the way to work I was behind a BRZ with the dynamic yellow turn signals and man they look good! There are many options out there for harnesses, etc. What have you all found to...
  20. Abbott Martin

WTB Euro LED Harness

Looking for the harness for Euro LED tails so I can use the amber turn signals