GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. SnailPower

Mk7 GTI OEM and EMD Springs for Sale - Local Pickup Only

I have for sale my OEM Mk7 GTI springs and EMD lowering springs. I'll post pictures later once I get home from work. I ended up switching to coils and no longer need either. The OEM springs are out of a 2017 and were on the car for roughly 28k miles. The EMD springs were on for around 7k...
  2. SnailPower

Are these Regular - Super Price hikes Legal?

This Shell gas station is 5 minutes from me... Also, if I send it to a news outlet, you think they'll give a sh!t to report it? Wondering if it is as bad as others. In comparison, I re-fueled yesterday at a BP 2 towns away and it was 5.79 for Super while their regular was 4.79.
  3. SnailPower

Car won't turn on or even go to power mode w/o engine

So, car ran like a champ yesterday, zero issues. Today I go outside to open my windows a lil because it was pretty damn hot and did that. As I walk back inside, I notice it is not locking the car when I hit the keyfob to do so. I had to work today so I ignored it and proceeded with work for 8...
  4. SnailPower

Greatest Face Palm Stories of All Time

I threw this here so it isn't only VW related... So I used to own an Srt4 about 15 years ago. I probably had it for about 1 month at this point. I had a habit of never parking with the e-brake and only throwing my cars in 1st gear to park them unless I was on a serious incline. Did it with my...
  5. SnailPower

Rattle Defeated

Hey guys. I made a post in the what did you to today but thought I'd bring more attention to this outside of that thread incase it wasn't seen and you're dealing with similar. So my rattle developed weeks, maybe month or so after installing my exhaust. Granted I didn't have the car much yet so...
  6. SnailPower

AndroidAuto doesn't connect

Hey guys, anyone else on an S21 and trying to pair AndroidAuto to the car? I've plugged in a USB cable from my phone to the port in the center compartment. It appears nothing happens. I'm not sure if I need to do anything else to get it to recognize the phone.
  7. SnailPower

Rear Passenger Hinge Rusting - Squeak

Hey guys, this morning I had the chance to be welcomed by the sound of a squeak when I opened the rear driver side door to throw my bag in the back. Furthermore, I look at the hinge, and it appears to be rusting pretty bad... I'm like, what the hell. Never made a noise before and I never noticed...
  8. SnailPower

Audio went out after hitting bump in the road

Yeah so I hit a suuuuper minor bump in the road as I was just driving home. Nothing crazy but granted I am lowered. My audio went off immediately after that... Any idea what that could be? 😖
  9. SnailPower

Paint Color Names

Many a times, I just don't understand some of the color names out there. Heck, isn't Red for the GTI called Tornado Red or something? I don't know about you but I've never seen a Red tornado. They could of gone with Blood Red, Red Apples Red, or Firehouse Red. I don't know, just saying. How...
  10. SnailPower

Where to go next?

So this weekend I got the last major part I've been eyeing to "complete" the car as what I basically ever wanted since getting it. That being the catback exhaust... Since modding just about everything on my mk6 and learning from that, I decided what was priority, what was a waste of money and...
  11. SnailPower

Going to install Rennwagen Wing this weekend, tips?

Hey guys, I got my Rennwagen wing in the mail the other day and I briefly read through the instructions. First off, I'm not sure how long its been but Rennwagen instructions are legit, Aerofabb style. It literally looks like they use the same company that Aerofabb has to make the instructions...
  12. SnailPower

FS - Eibach Sportline Springs

Hey guys, selling my brand new unopened Eibach Sportline springs. I obviously went a different route so I never opened them. Asking $240.00. Preferred local pickup but if you're willing to pay shipping, I would be open to that. I'm around the Morris County area in NJ.
  13. SnailPower

To install Reverse Rake pads or not?

Hey guys, getting my springs installed in two days and wondering, should I go with the reverse pads installed with the springs or leave them off? Like is there is a con to having them included with the install even if the springs technically didn't need it? Is installing them countering the rear...
  14. SnailPower

Just received my EMD springs, forgive my ignorance

I opened the box and notice 2 of the springs are large (and look normal) and two are skinny. What is up with that? I'm assuming perhaps the rear are larger? The fronts are skinny? I've never seen this before and it is my first time dealing with this platform. Is all good with my order? lol.
  15. SnailPower

Civic Type-R driving impressions Video

http://www.cnet.com/videos/is-the-2016-honda-civic-type-r-too-much-car-for-the-road/ I thought it was a decent video and the guy really enjoys the car. I share his thoughts at the end where I'm not sure if I'd enjoy the big wing and everything at the end of the day. Especially when I'm...
  16. SnailPower

Mad Max Fury Road anyone?

Anyone here saw the new Mad Max? What did you think? I saw it twice. Was blown away by the stunts and practical effects. It was like 300 meets the Fast and Furious. Who else thought Charlize Theron stole the show? She straight badass.
  17. SnailPower

Man, VW is such a pain in the ass

So I go to schedule an appointment for a transmission fluid change on my wife's 02 Jetta 2.0 automatic today and the dude tells me he's not even sure they do that anymore. I said, what? He said, oh yeah and it's expensive and like a 3-4 hour job. I'm like wtf? The fluids and replacement parts...
  18. SnailPower

SRT Announcement? Live Stream.

http://www.drivesrt.com/live/ SRT is announcing a new product at 10:30am EST. Live stream there. It's going to be the Charger it looks like. Can see the shape under the tarp.
  19. SnailPower

What do you guys think of the Honda Civic Type-R Hatchback?

This sounds like a pocket rocket. 280HP turbo charged? Releases in Europe soon but no plans yet for the American market...
  20. SnailPower

Cost effective spare key method for VW???

Hi, all wiser VW drivers, :bow: I am in need of your counseling on wtf to do when you just want to have a spare key made for your VW and do not want to pay $200 for the damn thing. Any there any alternatives or ways to acquire a spare key? My wife got a used 02 Jetta and it only came with...