GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. shortyb

2019 GTI Requires 508 spec 0W-20 oil

Well that sums it up pretty well and puts a nice big bow on it. There is the science and engineering side to oil choice, then there is the feels good side. Whichever you choose, you'll be fine. Just enjoy your car.
  2. shortyb

Golf R wheels on GTI, spacer question

Are you running OE tire size? If so, it may be the shoulder profile of the Michelins which are more "square" than a Continental etc. Michelin does this to produce the rim protection portion of the sidewall. I've always had to be very careful with wheel/spacer combinations when using Michelin...
  3. shortyb

What some here aren't taking into account with those that desire to run something thicker than a 20wt, even for regular ole day to day driving, is these engine are notorious fuel diluters. Especially run at the typical low as they can RPMs for fuel economy sake. The forced induction at these...
  4. shortyb

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

I think 19s+ had a change to the ECM fueling tables and run a bit lean AFR-wise now. Check with George or contact Burger directly, but I don't believe it has anything to do with your JB4 or the AFR tap.
  5. shortyb

Actually, you should follow manufacturer approval regardless of the viscosity. This is what can be so damn frustrating with VW's recommendations of different weight oils. Folks tend to use viscosity over approval because they think as long as it's xW-whatever, they are good to go when in fact...
  6. shortyb

If you are going outside of the VW508 approved oils, why are you going to stick with the 20wt? My recommendation would be for a VW504 5W-30 with a MUCH higher HT/HS and make it worth your while for the added protection.
  7. shortyb

2021 GTI SE, 6-Speed manual, Pure White

I take it when you said "rowed through the gears" it's a manual trans car? Same could be said for DSG but maybe "flapped through the gears" is more appropriate for that 😁.
  8. shortyb

Wheels F/S-SOLD

These are now gone. Local sale, thanks Patrick!
  9. shortyb

4 BNIB 18x8.5 VMR V702, Matte Gunmetal-SOLD!

These are gone. Local sale, thanks Patrick!
  10. shortyb

Pretty sure its this: https://images.app.goo.gl/ufDP7NRLMGAWKhKVA https://www.shopdap.com/make-model-year/volkswagen/gti/mk7-5-facelift-gti-2018-present/engine/2-0l-turbo/repair/maintenance-kits/5k-maintenance-kit-0w20-508-00-spec-oil-vw-audi.html FWIW, extremely good stuff.
  11. shortyb

After quite a bit of researching 508 oils (interested cuz I own the Tig), I have personally come to the conclusion that it is a fantastic spec, regardless of brand, for 99% of the folks out there requiring it. What some folks that really push their 508 spec cars hard do though, is to use a thin...
  12. shortyb

Cargo mat & blocks. Free to a good home-Greenville SC

I have an almost new condition cargo mat and blocks for a MK7 Golf/GTI/R just taking up space. Ain't gonna use it, ain't gonna ship it, so hopefully someone could use it. First come for pick-up takes it. Simpsonville area.
  13. shortyb

DSG oil change things we got to make it easy

All good, just be sure to do the excess drain while car is running. Fill, run car through P-R-N-D and back, leave car running and remove big drain plug and let excess out. If you stop the car and drain, too much excess will come out and level will be too low.
  14. shortyb

SOLD!-JB4 with Bluetooth Connect Kit, Group2 latest version

Bump for offers. C'mon y'all, turbo weather is comin' ;).
  15. shortyb

Wheels F/S-SOLD

DADWAGN. One and the same!
  16. shortyb

SOLD!-JB4 with Bluetooth Connect Kit, Group2 latest version

SOLD! SOLD! SOLD! Did I say SOLD? No? Ok it's SOLD! Thanks everyone for the responses, especially you lowballers. So much fun to play with y'all ;). Have up a Group 2 (EA888 Gen3) JB4 with Bluetooth Connect Kit, rev. 3.7. V2 case and newer version Molex connector for OBD connection. All...
  17. shortyb

This IS a perfect GTI fitment, but sticks past fender about 7mm on front of the Passat (not MQB obviously). I prefer flush or slight tuck. My loss, your gain ;).
  18. shortyb

Wheels F/S-SOLD

Just posted and looking for local sale if possible. https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/4-bnib-18x8-5-vmr-v702-matte-gunmetal.387991/
  19. shortyb

Recently purchased from a Vortex member and was going to mount on the Dad Wagon (B6 Passat). A bit too much poke for my tastes, but would be absolutely perfect on MK7/MQB. 18x8.5, 45ET, 5x112 with 57.1 CB (no rings!). Uses OE ball seat wheel bolts too. $600 (what I paid). Local sale preferred...
  20. shortyb

DSG oil change things we got to make it easy

No need to be nervous, its just an slightly more elaborate oil change. If you can change your engine oil and filter, you can do this too. Major difference is removing parts to get at the filter (airbox, battery, battery tray etc.). And since you take all this stuff out, it really makes it super...