GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

Best stage 2 tune without a 'reflash'

What are people seeing the best results with? Best tune for Accessport is______ or JB4? My old MK7 was GIAC Stage 2 with FBO, sans intercooler. Looking for a similar power level with the convenience of going back to stock without paying $$$. Also, it seems the JB4 doesn't remove the speed...
  2. S

Great pricing right now, but opinions wanted

I'm looking to get back into a MK7 GTI and I can get a base S DSG for $21k. However, the HID's and the LSD are a must. There aren't any Sports available, so I'd have to step up to a SE, which is $27k. I'm thinking the best deal would be get the S and spend about $5k in mods. For that $5k I'm...
  3. S

Traded my 2015 GTI for 2016 Nissan Maxima Platinum

To make a long story short, I had a 6mt GTI that was stage 2 and it burnt through both the OEM clutch and an aftermarket clutch as well. During this time my commute changed and I sit in a lot of traffic, so it was time to put the GTI back to stock and trade it in. I REALLY miss how fast...
  4. S

Helix LED double u headlights - Philly area

Only used for 2 weeks and I have the original boxes they came in from Helix. $425 firm - local meet or pick up HELIX LED headlighGOLF R Style , (chrome strip) - $450 (These are 2 weeks old) Only other item I have left from the part-out is a 26mm rear sway bar -$175 Thanks, Dave
  5. S

Part out-selling stage 2 car-APR intake, REV9 catless DP, sway bar, ETC. PHILLY AREA

LOCAL ONLY - CASH SALE - PHILADELPHIA AREA I went through my second clutch and decided to just get rid of the car. So, parts are being removed and sold. APR intake with SAI filter - $325 H&R rear sway bar 26mm - $175 CTS Turbo inlet pipe - $125 (1 month old) HELIX LED headlights...
  6. S

REV9 Intercooler for MK7 GTi ?

It's the same exact size as the APR intercooler I was going to purchase, but it can be had for under half the price. Please see the below link and let me know if this will fit. We could all save a lot of money if this is a viable option...
  7. S

Acceleration videos - Please list modifications

https://youtu.be/AE0v6nfNEZQ Mods in signature, but haven't installed inlet pipe or turbo muffler delete yet, as the inlet pipe is on back order.
  8. S

Random misfires?

Scanning my car with the Elm 327 is showing a misfire in a couple different cylinders, but I never noticed a misfire. I guess it's time to check the spark plugs and the coils? Mods are in my signature, and have remained the same for a while now. The misfires aren't necessarily happening during...
  9. S

Squeaking noise ever since installing bigger rear bar

Is this just something I have to put up with, or will different end links, some WD40 or some adjustment fix this. I had it looked at while my car was on a lift and a nut had fallen off the stock end link. The tech was nice enough to replace the nut and install a lock washer, even though it was...
  10. S

Would it be detrimental to go IS38 with the stock intercooler for a bit?

I know this is doing things backwards, but I rarely romp on the car for long intervals or quickly repeat WOT runs. Seems like our ECU's will keep things safe until warmer weather intercooler install. Plus, I haven't decided on an intercooler yet, but I'm leaning towards APR. Any feedback is...
  11. S

GIAC Stage 2 . Does it eliminate CEL when running catless?

As title states, please post your experiences here. I'm waiting on an answer from GIAC, but I just PM'ed them on a Sunday morning. Thanks
  12. S

Haus of Dubs 6GT Clutch Kit - Review

Traded for a 2016 Nissan Maxima Platinum with exterior lighting package and 20 color interior lighting package. 4 led puddle lights on each side of the car. Update: back to stock clutch I go. The clutch disk had nothing left on it on the pressure plate side. Zero launches either, it...
  13. S

Is the IS38 worth the money, versus stage 2?

Please post your experiences here. Let's assume you're going from a full bolt-ons Stage 2 -> IS38. The cost of turbo, updated Tuning, spark plugs, and turbo mufller delete = ? Did I miss anything? :confused: I'm more interested in feel than track numbers. However, feel free to post track...
  14. S

Save your stock flywheel - 6mt owners

My clutch really hasn't slipping that many times, yet this is what the flywheel looks like. Picture courtesy of AWE Tuning I have a Haus of Dubs clutch kit and new OEM flywheel going in today. Didn't plan on replacing the flywheel as well, but after all that labor I'm not leaving that burnt...
  15. S

Clutch is toast for racing, but holds fine for in-gear acceleration

I'd love to piece together the RSR kit like the MK6 guys are doing, but I'm assuming nobody has compiled a list of part#'s as of yet? I've decided on the RSR kit, but $1100 vs $600 is a big difference. Opinions?
  16. S

Any 6mt owners spinning tires in third?

I often hear people talking about people spinning in third gear, but I'm assuming they are all DSG cars with the much shorter third gear. Just want to confirm because I'm stage 2 and I spin almost all of second, but none of third. Want to make sure I'm not losing out on much/any power, but...
  17. S

How much $ for lowering springs installed?

What's a fair price to pay at a shop in the Philly area. This is without alignment, as I'm going to get that done about a week later once they're settled in. Thanks