GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. C

New Kia Logo vs Nine Inch Nails

Aw yiss, them's my roots! I got started in turbo cars with a Shelby Charger that I bought off ebay for $1k, and then eventually had all sorts of Turbo Dodges. Omnis, Shadows, a Dakota, a Caravan, etc. I always thought the Omni and the mk1/mk2 Golf looked a lot alike. Also, the history of Carol...
  2. C

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Heck yeah, that'll do the trick. I listed the ones I used as I know they'd fit. If yours are even better and more affordable, all the better!
  3. C

Man, I wish I had seen this before putting in my IS38. I broke mine and barely made it to the VW dealership before they closed for the weekend. Also, just to reiterate the need for these, the m8 Triple Squares need to be SHORT and NARROW! I recommend these, even though they're a hair expensive...
  4. C

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

I money shifted a 2012 Golf R. It drove fine for a week and a half. A rocker retainer clip came off, but the rocker didn't come off until I did a full throttle pull later. In hindsight, I wish I had pulled the valve cover off and looked at those, but who knew those would even fail at that engine...
  5. C

New APR Intake System for Only $189.95!

Ordered, thanks for the heads up @Arin@APR ! ...it only KINDA bugs me that the SAI filter is white when the regular filter is red... so I might spray some K&N oil on the itty bitty one just so they match... :D
  6. C

I got curious and did some googling. https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/what-seats-are-direct-bolt-in-for-mk7-gti.373698/ https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/36504-s3-interior-swap/ Bolt pattern fronts yes, rear anchors are different but close. Wiring will definitely need a...
  7. C

BMS BJ4 with Bluetooth, Group2 ea888 Gen3

Price lowered again, need this gone!
  8. C

New APR Intake System for Only $189.95!

Does the kit come with the SAI filter, or does that need to be purchased separately?
  9. C

Couple more pics that someone might find useful. I had a race shop weld in a methanol bung into my CTS intercooler exit port. I'm also using the stock washer tank behind the front left wheel as the methanol resevoir.
  10. C

So it's only 2/3 MK7, but finally buttoned up the is38 swap on the MK3 TT. Should be right around 400hp with the methanol.
  11. C

Cylinder 2 and 3 misfire

What were the coils gapped at when installed?
  12. C

Not really a stupid question, but I bought the "MAGIK" Chinese ebay turbo inlet pipe and turbo muffler delete, and neither of them fit. I now have to mail them back to China to get a refund. I might have been able to get the turbo inlet pipe to work if i rounded out either of the two bracket...
  13. C

Audi 15 spoke 18x9 on a golf mk7 1.8. Should I be weary of anything?

https://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator# This is the tool I use for doing the math on wheel offset. Tread width matters quite a bit too though. If I was really concerned with rubbing, I'd either roll the fenders or pick a narrower tire (205 vs 215 for example, much at the...
  14. C

RS3 Swapped Golf R Project. IMS 1100

Ah, I see em now. Looks like it should be good bang for your buck. I hope the motor's not... shot.
  15. C

RS3 Swapped Golf R Project. IMS 1100

Do pictures not work on that auction? I'm getting the 'slash picture' icons instead...
  16. C

2015 MK7 GTI DSG stuttering/hesitating under boost

Pull codes? Could be all sorts of stuff. For 'fine yesterday, crap today' under load, my first guess would be failed coilpack.
  17. C

Downpipe swap question...

Also to be cognizant of -- rear O2 ports may not be in the right location or quantity on whatever you go with versus whatever's available. You can usually have an exhaust shop weld some in for you, get caps for unused ports, or get o2 sensor extension cables from ECS or similar.
  18. C

Downpipe swap question...

Ha, welcome to the "MQB but not quite a Golf" club! I have a 2016 Audi TT, also based on MBQ platform, but since it's is20 and AWD, trying to find performance parts to fit it is hit or miss. So far with my findings, the TT is 1/3 GTI (based on the is20 CNT motor,) 1/3 Golf R (bevel box and...
  19. C

Anyone want their car sticker? (Monroney)

Got my window sticker. Turns out, I DO have the tech package! Thanks!! Per the Audi forums, I'm told that 2016s with Technology Package could get a software update to get AndroidAuto/CarPlay, so off to the dealer I go! (Edit: To be clear, it's and Audi TT Quattro Base w/ Technology package --...
  20. C

BMS BJ4 with Bluetooth, Group2 ea888 Gen3

Price lowered again. OBO