GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Wastegate13

Chasing traction.

Really looking for some help here. Mods in sig, I have been chasing an AWD issue for quite some time now. Finally got the car running really well and one night I launched it against a Vette at a light and it spun hard. Popped an EPC and had codes for engine overspeed and turbocharger overboost...
  2. Wastegate13

Haldex replacement

Anyone have experience replacing the haldex yourself? If so where did you source the part? I believe mine not to be working. I have found the pump and the controller for sale separately but at 300 and 600 respectively it’s a little pricey for a maybe fix. VW is proud of the unit itself at 2800...
  3. Wastegate13

Vortex R vs G35

Coming home from work last night and I cruise up next to a red G35, straight piped and spitting flames on decel. Caught a light, 2 young guys in the car. Laid on the launch control for a second and the driver says “I don’t want it” lol. Left the light a little spicy and that was that. I really...
  4. Wastegate13

BFI mount torque spec

Need a quick reply. I bought a used set of stage 2 mounts and a set of stage 1 inserts. I’m reassembling the engine mount and need to know the torque spec of the center bolt that holds the mount together. BFI doesn’t list it on their site.
  5. Wastegate13

Pm4 help

Looking for a wiring schematic for a pm4. Was looking to do my rs3 pump install and when I took a look at my pm4 and one of the wires was not connected. It’s terminal 6 on the pm4 itself. It has a tiny harness with blue and black wires and the black wire had come out of the harness. What does...
  6. Wastegate13

Help with log/issue

https://datazap.me/u/wastegate13/log-1647032568?log=0&data=7-11-40-41-42 Mods: FBO, 450/980mpi/pm4, std vortex, 4/5 bar Can someone take a look at this log and tell me what they see? Specifically how the car opens the wastegate at the top of the head and falls on its face. It didn’t do this...
  7. Wastegate13

Delete

Delete
  8. Wastegate13

P2177 system too lean off idle

Mods in sig. Never threw a code on my pump gas tune but within a mile of driving on my first e85 fill car threw a cel for p2177. Thinking maybe a fluke being the first fill I cleared and went about my business. Car drives fine and is now on its second tune revision. Mentioned it to sneeky and he...
  9. Wastegate13

Pretoria reps cheap

Have a set of Pretoria reps I’d like to get rid of. Alzor brand from Ecs, 19x8.5 +45 in gunmetal. Good news is they’re cheap. Bad news is one might have a slight bend in it, hence the price. Not super motivated to ship these as it kills the value for the buyer but I do have boxes if someone...
  10. Wastegate13

WTB: exhaust in south Florida 7.5 R

As the title states looking for an exhaust for a 2018 R preferably in south Florida. Open to shipping if the price isn’t unreasonable. Primarily looking for catback but will entertain downpipe also. Cash or PayPal ready, lemme know what you have.
  11. Wastegate13

WTB: 4 bar put sensor

Like the title. Shipped to 33991 ASAP.
  12. Wastegate13

IS38

Selling the is38 from my car. 40k miles, 20k on EQT stage 2. WAS NOT on the car when it had mechanical trouble. Includes wastegate actuator and I'll throw in a DBV2 TMD for free but its on you to source the coupler needed or buy an upgraded discharge pipe as the stock coupler is too small to...
  13. Wastegate13

Engine code help

So I’m shopping for an engine for my car. My engine code is djja. Entering my vin on parts.VW.com returns a part number that is no longer available but has been superseded by a new part that the site claims does not fit my car. I’ve found a remanufactured engine that says is only for cjxd cjxg...
  14. Wastegate13

Engine build

So it seems like my dbv2 failure may have cost me an engine as well. Got the car back together on the is38, flushed the engine and cleaned out the pan. Car runs but there’s noise in the top end and anything over idle throws misfire codes across all cylinders. Currently weighing options between...
  15. Wastegate13

Feeler FS: 2018 Golf R, cheap

Recently my dbv2 decided to leave this plane of existence and it seems it took my engine with it. Considering cutting my losses and letting someone else takeover the project. 2018 R DSG/dcc/nav 42xxx miles Forge intake, majesty intercooler, catless downpipe, 450 lpfp, cts 980cc mpi, pm4 and I...
  16. Wastegate13

TPC20 vs 38

Looking to the internet for advice. Blew my dbv2 and instead of going back to the is38 I’m considering one of these two options. I wanted a vortex but they are 3 months out and while technically I could go that long without my car I don’t want to. My first concern is reliability, I know a few...
  17. Wastegate13

WTB: standard housing vortex

Title says it. Blew my v2 over the weekend, looking for a vortex.
  18. Wastegate13

Mods please delete

Delete
  19. Wastegate13

MIB2 value

Quick question and apologies if the wrong area. What would the approximate value be for a nav mib2 brain plus 6.5” screen with piano black trim be? Thanks in advance.
  20. Wastegate13

WTB PM4 and ethanol analyzer kit

Title says it all. Looking for an awd pm4 and an ethanol analyzer kit so I can install mpi and go full e85.