GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. K

Battery Draining? "12v Battery Almost Drained, Switching Infotainment System Off'

Maybe I will unplug mine and see what happens. Its going back to the dealer on monday once they have a loaner.
  2. K

Battery Draining? "12v Battery Almost Drained, Switching Infotainment System Off'

I do have the Fender system, I don't know how I would unplug the amp to test though; unless you mean the sub in the hatch? The only things I have plugged in are my radar detector and my Cobb AP. But, I used both of those since I bought the car and the error didn't happen for the first 6 months...
  3. K

Do you guys keep the dsg in sport mode 24/7?

I would go with the EQT dsg tune as well. You have so much more freedom with cobb that apr doesn't offer. Plus there's the ability to flash from the comfort of your own home.
  4. K

Do you guys keep the dsg in sport mode 24/7?

Get a tune that has a good drive mode, changes the car completely.
  5. K

They did, and they also replaced the module at some point and recoded it again.
  6. K

I should add that it's not a drain issue at all. Ever since the alternator replacement I've put my multimeter on the battery several times a week and I've never seen it go below 12.7v. Usually it's 12.8-12.9. The car just thinks it's low for some reason that no one can figure out, including the...
  7. K

Is yours a 2019? Were you able to solve the issue? My story is that I started getting this error in very early June. When I first got the issue, the dealer replaced my battery under warranty, that did not fix it. I took it back and they replaced the alternator, didn't fix it. Then they replaced...
  8. K

2019 GTI Requires 508 spec 0W-20 oil

Castrol 0w-40 from Walmart/Amazon, its 502 rated and goes on sale quite often for $19 for 5qts. Buy 6 of them for $114 and its good for 5 oil changes, making them $22.80 each.
  9. K

2019 GTI Requires 508 spec 0W-20 oil

I wouldn't run the 5w-30, the GTI has always called for a 0/5w-40. The R uses 30. 0w-20 is stated for fuel economy, but I switched to the normal 0w-40 I ran in my 2017 and have been running it for 7,000 miles now (5k OCI) and actually saw improved gas mileage. I live in the desert and push the...
  10. K

Intercooler performance

I find that my Majesty Twin does pretty good in hot temps. Most of my pulls and logs are done at night when the sun is set (while working), so I don't have any logs from 110+ days, but during a pull I will see anywhere from 2-15 above ambient, depending on the duration of the pull and what IATs...
  11. K

Any cyclist on here

Switchblade is solid, I just had to wait until there was enough stock to satisfy employee orders. They are XT 4 piston.
  12. K

Any cyclist on here

Finally built my new bike.
  13. K

EQT Tuned

You're not lying, but at the time it was all I could find that worked with my schedule. I will look for that PM, always up for something new.
  14. K

EQT Tuned

That's a pretty good gig, I work for Peak/Henry/Omnicare, for me it's just a part time job, I have a full time 8-5 M-F in the bike industry. And I deliver from 6:30-~10:30pm 3 days a week. But I am always up for more money.
  15. K

EQT Tuned

I get paid by delivery too. We might work for different companies because I don't know any other GTIs at my pharmacy, does your company pay more? Lol. I usually turn mine off but right now I'm having that 12v issue and I don't want to have any problems when I am all the way up there (not that...
  16. K

EQT Tuned

I deliver medications to nursing homes for a commercial pharmacy. I pick up the meds in Tempe/Chandler and deliver to Peoria/Sun City/Sun City West/Surprise. Comes out to about 125 miles 3 days a week. But it involves 11-15 stops where the car is either off or idling for 2-20 minutes at a time...
  17. K

EQT Tuned

Did two logs before I move to the E30 tune (as soon as it comes in and my 12V issue is resolved I guess). 100+ degree(f, 38c) ambient, Stage 1 91 tune, running ~E19 (to counteract that ACN91), R7437-8 plugs, Majesty twincooler (the big one), open intake. Logs were preceded by 3 hours of...
  18. K

EQT Tuned

Did he do any runs to 120+ to see if you got that underboost code a lot of 2019s get? Also, got the dyno for the E30 from today?
  19. K

Went Stage 2 with EQT, not performing as expected. Logs included.

I should add, I am from South Jersey. An almost literal swamp on a peninsula. I used to get out of the shower, and by the time I managed to dry off I'd be so sweaty I wanted another shower. -9s are fine, but make sure you give it some full throttles to burn them off; I believe there is a...