GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. GTI Jake

What did you do to your mk7 today?

As long as you’re swapping a complete set you can put any 02Q gears in, including Mk6 GTI which is my personal favorite ratio (most fun to drive). You can also swap a AWD/PP transmission to non PP GTI spec, which is what I did in this video.
  2. GTI Jake

Rebuilt another 02Q today, video coming soon. For anyone wondering 02Q are like Legos if you understand which parts make them fit your desired application. Also, carnage in the video. Everyone likes to see why things come apart.
  3. GTI Jake

He asked why not so I told him. I’ve got plenty of my own projects to work on for free.
  4. GTI Jake

A axle back would ship in the exact same box as a CBE or TBE (the AB size is what determined the size box I use)…but nobody’s willing to pay for what a properly built AB costs to manufacture and ship (for this platform anyway, I’ve sold a bunch of BRZ / GR86 AB at $1,350 each). There’s also by...
  5. GTI Jake

I want AWE to know this is the only good use of 2.25” tubing lol https://youtube.com/shorts/jVz2GfQu5Z8?si=NmRT-PxVQUQWrVrB No clue, but I can ask him. Also, if someone wanted me to build a quad tip CBE or TBE I’d entertain the idea. Just can’t justify building an axle back (most expensive...
  6. GTI Jake

Not sure lol, didn’t pay attention. I have two sets for mine, PSAS4 for daily duty and Conti Extreme Force Contact for trying to break the daily. We get enough “winter” here you really shouldn’t run a dedicated summer tire year around, although I’m guilty of it in the past.
  7. GTI Jake

Bassman’s Bagged APR DTR Mk7 GTI Gets Quad Tip Exhaust
  8. GTI Jake

Welding / fabrication All types of material Southern California IE

Good to see someone on the left coast offering services. Free BUMP! Post some pictures of your work!
  9. GTI Jake

Brought the Suburban’s replacement home today. 1996 F350 4x4 with a 460 big block (aka blatant disregard for fuel efficiency).
  10. GTI Jake

Sounds like you’re going the most expensive & difficult way possible. Fabrication has it’s limitations as others have mentioned, bend radius being the main one coming into play here. Aside from that, cutting up existing parts to modify them isn’t as easy as just “hey cut there”, you can only...
  11. GTI Jake

Hatch leak fixed on the Mk7 Volkswagen Hatch WATER LEAK, Fixed! Mk7 GTI Re organized the shop and cleaned out the Suburban, so it’s ready to head off to the next owner in Dayton, OH this weekend.
  12. GTI Jake

All I know is we need a bigger house lol, so maybe the Baun Compound? (Hopefully complete with another shop) Thanks! I smell a go kart rivalry brewing in about ten years haha
  13. GTI Jake

Not exactly Mk7 related, but I took this week off in the shop (& hangar) since we welcomed kid #3 into the world Tuesday evening. Finally using the soccer mom mobile to its full potential!
  14. GTI Jake

Ye Olde Smoker Thread

Tried out a Tri Tip tonight, nice easy alternative to Brisket. Smoked at 225F till 140 internal, then seared on the grill for a few minutes per side. Next time I think I’ll let it go to 145~150ish (note to self).
  15. GTI Jake

3” tubing w/4” body cat for the V2. The 4” has a 4.5” body cat then drops to 3.5” shortly after.
  16. GTI Jake

Another one. Need to build my new CBE since I sold the one off my daily driver lol. Told the wife it’s just sitting back there open downpipe and she rolled her eyes.
  17. GTI Jake

Same core, additional hardware, different charge pipes and cutting is required for the Mk8. Basically more is different than stayed the same.
  18. GTI Jake

OEM Fitment Resonated MP & FMIC are available now, all of the Mk7 CBE options will be available soon for Mk8 If you don’t feel like a road trip I ship
  19. GTI Jake

Golf R /AWD MQB Prop Shaft Installation (hardware & specs)

Most likely. Its one of those things that’s easier with two people to begin with. The prop shaft slips over pins on each end, so it cannot come out even without any hardware installed unless one end if the powertrain is rocked out of the way (engine being the easiest). BFI mounts by design...