GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. realcyberbob

What are these clips?

I bought a used set of OEM VW rear sun shades used from eBay (part # 5G0064365) for my Golf R and the seller included the clips pictured below. He also bought the set used, didn't end up using them as he has a Tiguan, and said the previous seller included these clips. Based on the instructions...
  2. realcyberbob

A/C Either Cold or Hot (Nothing in Between)

Taking my car to the dealership for the 2nd time for this issue, 1st time they said it works as intended but I can't believe it actually is. The A/C temperature settings range from 60F - 87F, anything below 86 is cold, lukewarm at best. I would assume since 73/74 is in the middle, anything...
  3. realcyberbob

Golf R Brake Pads with Less Dust

Looking to change my OEM brake pads to something with a similar feeling/bite (or even better performing) but with less dust, anybody have any recommendations? It's my daily driver and may have some spirited driving sessions every now and then, no track days but may have one eventually. Since...
  4. realcyberbob

Boost gauge adjustment via VCDS

Is there any way to adjust the stock boost gauge reading in the MIB to account for atmospheric pressure?
  5. realcyberbob

FS: Dieselgeek Sigma 6 Six Speed Short Shift Kit

Parting out my mk6 and this works on mk7. I don't need this anymore since I now have DSG but this was definitely one of my favorite mods. Comes with all parts, I will post a picture later. I don't have many posts here but was active on golfmk6.com under the same username. $150 + shipping
  6. realcyberbob

Moving to Japan, car suggestions?

I was given the opportunity at work to move to Japan this coming April for 2-3 years and now I need suggestions/help on the most important part of the move...what car should I get in Japan? I get to keep my GTI in storage here and it's paid off already so I'm in good shape there. I'm more of...
  7. realcyberbob

Thinking of buying a MK2 GTI

Other than the Vortex, Craigslist, and eBay, is there anywhere else I should look? Any problems, other than rust, that I should look out for? I've never owned or worked on an old car like that so I feel like I don't know much if I had to repair something on it.
  8. realcyberbob

VW Polo R

http://jalopnik.com/volkswagen-reportedly-cooking-up-a-wrx-killing-awd-polo-1506820199 This intrigues me...
  9. realcyberbob

Twin Turbo VR6? Yes Please.

http://www.imotortimes.com/volkswagen-vr6-development-new-twin-turbo-6-cylinder-engine-next-passat-19958
  10. realcyberbob

500 hp Seat Leon

Pretty cool, they also swapped over a R32's drivetrain, according to the article. http://www.carthrottle.com/this-500bhp-seat-leon-cupra-is-an-awd-lambo-killer/
  11. realcyberbob

Presidential/Political Discussion Thread

Just curious to see who would have the majority vote here. No need to give a reason why, unless you want to.
  12. realcyberbob

Nürburgring goes bust, EU not planning to help

If this goes through it will be a sad day for car enthusiasts around the world. Having had the fortune of driving the course a couple of months ago, I can say this is the most fun you will ever have in a car and I was planning on going back next year. Source...
  13. realcyberbob

Price for a MKII GTI?

Here's the link, what do you guys think would be a fair price? http://houston-imports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=650408 He already told me the odometer stopped working at around 100,000 miles, but the engine and transmission have been rebuilt and have less than 100k miles on them. Also, he...
  14. realcyberbob

TWCC Cars & Coffee for a Cause Pictures(May 2012)

The Woodlands Car Club has a small show the first Sunday of every month that helps raise fund for various causes.
  15. realcyberbob

Houston Coffee and Cars Pictures (May 2012)

Some pictures from this month's event, these are probably only 25% of the cars at the meet.
  16. realcyberbob

Traveling to Germany in May (Nurburgring question)

Anybody ever rented a car to go on the Nurburgring? Been looking up info on various websites but just wondering if anybody has any experience with it, what kind of car they used, where they stayed, other sites to see in Germany, etc. Can't wait to go! :thumbup: