GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. realcyberbob

Navigation updates

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/nar-2021-maps-available-for-download-for-mst2-mib2.389025/
  2. realcyberbob

What are these clips?

Thanks, that's what I'm thinking.
  3. realcyberbob

What are these clips?

I bought a used set of OEM VW rear sun shades used from eBay (part # 5G0064365) for my Golf R and the seller included the clips pictured below. He also bought the set used, didn't end up using them as he has a Tiguan, and said the previous seller included these clips. Based on the instructions...
  4. realcyberbob

A/C Either Cold or Hot (Nothing in Between)

It basically blows cold air when setting the temperature at low/60F all the way up to 83F. Once at 84F I can feel a slight hint of warmer air and the same at 85-87F. Once at Hi it blows extremely hot (as it should). There doesn't seem to be much temperature variation since it just blows cold...
  5. realcyberbob

A/C Either Cold or Hot (Nothing in Between)

Taking my car to the dealership for the 2nd time for this issue, 1st time they said it works as intended but I can't believe it actually is. The A/C temperature settings range from 60F - 87F, anything below 86 is cold, lukewarm at best. I would assume since 73/74 is in the middle, anything...
  6. realcyberbob

VCDS Micro-CAN compatibility

I have a 2018 R and use a micro-can VCDS, it does 99% of what I needed it to do.
  7. realcyberbob

What Causes the Most Strain on the DSG Clutch Packs?

Yea I knew for manual but thought this was a DSG discussion so I was confused...
  8. realcyberbob

New ECS Tuning Catback - coming soon

Is this downpipe new too? https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-parts/mk7-golf-r-audi-8v-s3-4motion-high-flow-catted-downpipe-kit/023086ecs01kt/
  9. realcyberbob

NAR 2021 Maps Available for Download for MST2 (MIB2)

No I didn't have to reformat, just cut/pasted what was already on the card's root folder on to my desktop for backup, then cut/pasted the new map folder on to the root of the SD card. How much space does your computer say your SD card can hold?
  10. realcyberbob

Can confirm the new NAR 2021 V11 from MIB Solution work on my 7.5 R, using the OEM VW 16gb card. I had to delete MX, PR, US-AK, and US-HI.
  11. realcyberbob

Need to change modes for exhaust valves to open

I only have VCDS so I can't really comment on OBDEleven, although it seems like a good option. I've had the same VCDS cable for 10 years because I first bought it for my MK6 GTI and it still works for MK7.5, no reason to change since it does everything I need and more. If I were to start over...
  12. realcyberbob

If you have it in race mode, turn off the car, and turn on the car, I believe the exhaust and DSG reset to normal driving modes.
  13. realcyberbob

Agreed, similar concept to S mode for the transmission (or Eco mode), it always resets to default after you turn the car off.
  14. realcyberbob

I think that's how it works from the factory, why not just code them open?
  15. realcyberbob

Would be nice if there was a chagelog somewhere so we know what changed and if it's worthwhile to update.
  16. realcyberbob

I can confirm the maps are new, last weekend I searched for a restaurant POI which didn't exist in my navigation, but now does. My unit is MIB2 which requires the VW SD card inserted at all times to get navigation information. I simply put the SD in my computer, copy/pasted what was already on...
  17. realcyberbob

Golf R Brake Pads with Less Dust

Looking to change my OEM brake pads to something with a similar feeling/bite (or even better performing) but with less dust, anybody have any recommendations? It's my daily driver and may have some spirited driving sessions every now and then, no track days but may have one eventually. Since...
  18. realcyberbob

Register battery?

Same battery although the specs are below, do the bold specs make a difference? I feel like they wouldn't but not sure: Old: 12v 69Ah 360A DIN 680A EN/SAE/GS New: 12v 68Ah 380A DIN 680A EN/SAE/GS