GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. jybyrd

FS: bunch o' junk

Getting rid of the following: IS20 - $400 shipped Walbro 450 lpfp preinstalled in the basket - $400 shipped Stock exhaust (dp, muffler, vibrant 17930) - local pickup only, 98011 zip Stock motor mounts - $100 shipped Stock suspension - local pickup only Eurodyne Powertap - SOLD Sent from my...
  2. jybyrd

Single cylinder corrections

Here are a few from when I detonated a plug closed. Maybe good for comparison? Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
  3. jybyrd

Dyno day - Woodinville

Howdy PNW folks, I'm trying to coordinate a dyno day with the Seattle Golf R & Friends FB group, and wanted to open it up to forum members as well. We're looking at Drive Auto Sports in Woodinville to host the event. They use a Dynapack hub dyno, which is arguably safer than a Dynojet due to...
  4. jybyrd

EQT Vortex - MQB Turbo

Hi All, I have a new turbo going in the car today, and will be posting my experience with tuning, driveability, and performance results in this thread. Tuning will be via Eurodyne Maestro, courtesy of Frank Mabo. Performance measurements will be provided via Dragy. Driveability... just my...
  5. jybyrd

Gut check: newer GT350

I had a new GT350 roll up on me on my commute this morning and flash his brights / flip the 'hang ten', indicating a playful demeanor. I flashed hazards to acknowledge his advances, and gave it the beans. To my surprise, he was not able to keep up. Probably a bus by 125mph. So, my question...
  6. jybyrd

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Fought my way through the goddamned throttle pipe install... I'm not a mechanic, but I'm comfortable with 'bolt ons'. I figured it would take an hour, give or take, based on the instructions. Taking the stock pipe out was no problem. 20 minutes, including jack time. Installing the new pipe...
  7. jybyrd

CTS FMIC for sale

Edit: SOLD
  8. jybyrd

LPFP/HPFP upgrades on stock tunes

I'm looking into upgrading the LPFP in order to run more ethanol, because I love the corn and the glorious things it brings (plus, I'm from Indiana, where corn grows tall...). Does anyone have experience running the Walbro 305 or 450's on the stock tune and controller? What negative effects...
  9. jybyrd

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Pirelli Cinturatos. Literally the worst performing tire I've ever driven. Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
  10. jybyrd

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Get those towels and applicator off the ground so my eyes can stop bleeding :eek::eek:
  11. jybyrd

FS: JB4, Aluminum enclosure, Bluetooth dongle - $450

Putting my tried-and-true JB4 up for sale today. This is the complete package, with the JB4, weather-proof aluminum housing, and bluetooth interface dongle. New, this would cost almost $650. I need it gone, so I'm including a deep discount on all items in the bundle to $450, shipped. That's...
  12. jybyrd

WTS/WTT CTS Turbo intake

Up for sale or trade is a CTS Turbo intake, complete with all accessories. The pipe has some wear on the anno where it rests on the heat shield. It is otherwise in great shape. Asking $125 local (Seattle), or you pay shipping. Really just looking to get it out of my garage. Would also...
  13. jybyrd

Afghan Massacre - Suspect to be considered for Death Penalty

When you are talking about US soldiers fighting against soldiers from any other country, I see this statement as valid. But mass murderers should get the death penalty, regardless of what country the crime is committed in.