GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Dave10781

Switched to S4

Had an ongoing issue with my left foot, likely aggravated by stop and go traffic lead me to start considering a trade to an automatic transmission. I've always wanted to try out the B8/8.5 S4, so I started looking around. I test drove a few and really enjoyed the ride quality and instantaneous...
  2. Dave10781

Austin TX - Bilstein PSS & Eurocode Braces

I sold my car and am selling a few parts. Would prefer local pickup on them or can meet you half way if anywhere near central Texas. Might be willing to ship (added cost) if they don't sell locally. Prices are firm. Parts have ~10k miles on them 1. Bilstein B14 (PSS) coilovers $575 2. Eurocode...
  3. Dave10781

Austin TX Part Out

Planning to trade my car in within the near future and have some parts I'm selling. Would be for local pick up in Austin. 1. Bilstein B14 PSS Coilovers ~10k miles SOLD 2. APR Downpipe SOLD 3. Eurocode Under Brace (black) SOLD 4. Eurocode Rear Brace (black) SOLD 5. Kurt 1 1/4" receiver hitch -...
  4. Dave10781

Honda Civic R

Hmm. It looks like a crossover. The Accord crossover. So not very sporty.
  5. Dave10781

What's the most EFFED UP movie that you've seen?

An honorable (dishonorable?) mention would go to the original Oldboy (Korean version). Such a jacked up twist.
  6. Dave10781

VW Passes Up Toyota Sales

Looks like VW outsold VW in 2016. 10.31 million vehciles versus Toyota's 10.175 million. Sauce http://www.bbc.com/news/business-38793253
  7. Dave10781

The bike thread - mountain, road, fat, TT, DJ, cross... what are you riding?

Epic Bump ^ I have two mountain bikes but never got into road biking '15 Spec Camber Comfortable, flies downhill, but harder to pedal '13 Niner Air 9 RDO Really light, easy climbing, really sensitive
  8. Dave10781

US spec 2018 Tiguan Revealed

I wonder why the low power output? Maybe it's for fuel economy or that they're going to offer an uprated variant?
  9. Dave10781

Basic Build - dave1078's GTI

Figured it would be worth making a thread to track changes and events with my car. It's a a '16 GTI SE MT with PP and LP. I'll add more detail about mods/review things as I get more time. Feel free to ask questions about any mods. Engine & Transmission Mods BMS Clutch Stop OEM TT Short Shifter...
  10. Dave10781

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Installed a Eurocode rear chassis brace. Jury is still out on effects. Haven't been able to push the car yet.
  11. Dave10781

Fiesta ST vs. MK7 GTI. My test drive review and opinion request!

It's probably more about the drive than the features, right? Less numb feeling, I'd bet.
  12. Dave10781

Lots of NVH? Are you going to do a review thread?
  13. Dave10781

Front Sway bar. I'm running the h&r 26mm front and 24 rear. I like the car a lot better with both versus only the rear. It cut roll tremendously and sharpened up the steering feel. There's no real problem with understeer-- just better balance now. The VAQ can still work its magic when needed.
  14. Dave10781

I added the ecode tunnel brace shortly after adding a front sway bar, so take it with a grain of salt. The chassis was already pretty stiff, but it feels more connected from front to rear. It also feels a little more solid over inconsistent pavement. I'm adding the rear brace as soon as I get...
  15. Dave10781

Added the Eurocode tunnel brace. I was surprised how big the brace was but it's a nice improvement. The heat shield needed to be cut near the downpipe mount to make room for the front of the brace.
  16. Dave10781

Installed 26mm H&R front sway bar and DIY RSR (TT-RS/TDI) clutch kit. Haven't stalled yet! But I probably will once I stop making a conscious effort. lol.
  17. Dave10781

If you could have any other Mk, what would it be?

Did you ever have that awful top vent "diffuser" rattle? Drove me crazy. But yes... great car.
  18. Dave10781

If you could have any other Mk, what would it be?

I'd go for a MKIV R32. I like the way those look and sound.