GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. RacingManiac

Street Touring Hatchback (STH) discussion/setup

At risk of being premature, congrats on winning STH at the Nats!
  2. RacingManiac

2019 G Street Nationals Dashboard

The way SEB/SAC views eLSD type cal is they consider it as related to ESC/TC programming. This is from my discussion with a current SAC member. I think this is actually in the wording elsewhere in the rule as well.
  3. RacingManiac

https://www.scca.com/downloads/57475-2021-scca-solo-august-fastrack/download As things relevant to the GTI's interest here, these are the new proposed wording for the ESC rules. The interesting point apparently also is that this would potentially also allow for coding changes to VAQ parameter...
  4. RacingManiac

FWIW Koni rides like poop on any setting other than soft, at least on my Proparts revalved stuff. I pretty much only ever turn them up for events, and if I get lazy and didn't turn them back before I start my drive back I will hate myself for the duration...
  5. RacingManiac

I've posted my setup way back when. The car hasn't changed, the current available tires have and I don't know how that plays into it. The car worked great in that time. The current owner confirmed that after Nats 2019 he found that the H&R bar was actually broken(not sure how) so he replaced...
  6. RacingManiac

Hmm I miss Lincoln...still probably not gonna make this year...
  7. RacingManiac

Also in general I am super interested to see how STH setup shakes out. I kinda want to do STH before but with the clutch thing wasn't cleared I wasn't gonna go that route. Now though it seems to be an interesting place. I think GTI can be a super fun STH car. And in theory you can right all the...
  8. RacingManiac

Yeah the tire comes up pretty often in the car with the fat bar. I think Its plausible I think that we might upset the car more but by not doing things to provoke it after it tend to stay complaint. The issue happens more when you do over drive the car and it complaints by cutting power on you...
  9. RacingManiac

STH you can certainly optimize the car way better than GS trim can. So I really don't know ultimately where everything ends up. I was just more commenting on the idea of using front vs rear bar as the first knob to turn, especially if you are limited in the available knobs. Its not really the...
  10. RacingManiac

I started my MK7 setup with 0 front 1/8" rear toe out and 0.5deg rear camber with the 26mm H&R. Before I got the Proparts damper setup, I move back to 0 rear toe pretty quickly because the car is just too nervous in the slalom. After I got the damper on the car thats when we did the test with...
  11. RacingManiac

I think there is merit to the idea but in the confine of GS with limited knobs, saving front stiffness doesn't seem to help at least from easy to test things. We tested rear bars, from less stiff to a lot stiffer A-B-A on T&T course with 2 drivers and we find both time and preference was on the...
  12. RacingManiac

That's...stiff... I guess it makes sense for a ST car, and probably a reason I don't want to have a ST car...lol
  13. RacingManiac

Impromptu GS alignment and car weighing

When we weighed my GS car way back when it was 2940 or something IIRC, right after I think day 1 run so it was basically the running weight(no spare, rear cargo floor removed, ~1/4 tank). Weighed it at the Bristol tour back in 2018. Being a 2016 2 door with PP on Enkei Fujins.
  14. RacingManiac

Drag race Civic Type R v Golf R 8

I think the Type R with it being a "Type R" should be more track rated than say, a GTI would be. GTI would get hot and lose power as well but GTI also wasn't marketed as a track performance oriented car. I think its harder now with modern turbo cars to do that with the tight packaging and...
  15. RacingManiac

Drag race Civic Type R v Golf R 8

Civic is kind of a pain to launch, and its coming from a GTI 6MT which was also kind of a pain to launch. Like the guy said if you just drop the clutch it bogs super easily. I had to slip both the Type R and GTI when I actually try to launch the car. Honestly owning the Type R now, there are...
  16. RacingManiac

TPS is easy enough to get. Even with Solostorm. All you need is something that reads the OBDII signals and you just need a OBDII port reader like people would use for Torque or something that can transmit. I think RaceCapture is the same. This applies actually to quite a few engine parameters as...
  17. RacingManiac

Strano bar is basically the stock diameter but with solid instead of tubular, and no bonded bushings. Its moot since its out of production but it followed the same philosophy as his FoST bar with minimal increase over stock diameter/rate but eliminating bonded bushing.
  18. RacingManiac

Annoyance to test a front bar though is obviously trying to A-to-B it.... We did test rear bars when I had the car between the H&R and Stranobar when he gave me a prototype one. And we kept the H&R.
  19. RacingManiac

I think for a GS trim where the stock balance is not really there to help rotating adding more front bar isn't gonna help even if it keeps the front camber in check more. Increase front bar also makes the inside front tire unloaded more which will hurt powerdown even with the VAQ in place. I get...