GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. PENROSE

New in box...VWR springs...Pgh PA...$100

Update....these are sold Will meet halfway Anywhere between Morgantown WV and Pitt
  2. PENROSE

Pittsburgh area...New in box...VWR springs $100

Update...these are sold Will meet halfway Nothing wrong with them...just never got around to putting them on.....and I never will Haha I paid $200...and they are new in box Will send/text a pic if you need one I live in Uniontown PA....work in New Stanton PA So anyone from Morgantown WV...
  3. PENROSE

Need part # for secondary O2 sensor (post cat)

Engine light on Code reads.... "Heating curcuit/Bank 1/Sensor 2" I have APR dp and CTS catback Currently have a spacer on my O2 sensor although I'm not sure I ever needed it (spacer came on DP as I bought it used and just left spacer on it) Ran this setup (w/ UM Stg 2) for 2 years with no...
  4. PENROSE

Partial hood wrap gloss black

I have a white GTI with black pano roof and back half of roof wrapped in gloss black vinyl Was wondering how car would look if the HOOD was also "partially" wrapped black I would only wrap from the edges of each side of the grill....and follow the creases in the hood to where it meets the...
  5. PENROSE

Advice on wheel spacers

I want to add 5mm spacers to my rear wheels to match the flushness of the front I have aftermarket wheels 18x8 et33 Can you recommend a good spacer? I want proper fitment of course and don't want vibrations Also....do I need just the spacers, or do I need longer studs/bolts? Thanks
  6. PENROSE

Best place to buy vinyl wrap

Going to try to wrap (the back half) of my roof gloss black My GTI is white with pano roof and I don't like the half black/half white roof Looking to buy 3M (or anything else that someone might recommend....vvivid/Avery/ etc) I am going to do this myself. I am pretty handy and from watching...
  7. PENROSE

Vinyl roof wrap

Stopped by a shop that wraps cars today and got a quote to wrap the back half of my roof (I have sunroof) including the top of my rear roof spoiler in gloss black $290 They're only concern was my antenna....which I said I could probably remove before hand 1) Is this a good price? Or for that...
  8. PENROSE

Buying VWR springs....do I need the strut mount kit too?

Getting VWR springs from ECS (unless they are cheaper somewhere else) But they offer the springs only......and for almost $200 more they offer them with a strut mount and hardware kit Do I need that? My car has 19,000 mi if that matters If I do get the springs only......is there anything...
  9. PENROSE

18x8...35 offset...kinda flush/flush/poke?

Trying to avoid spacers Found a wheel with these specs Will they work? Also will be pairing them with VWR springs I want flush as possible Will be using 235 tires as well
  10. PENROSE

Android will no longer pair....Asking if password is correct???

Never saw it ask for a password before Asks if password 431 768 is my password Try to pair again and it asks me if 345 904 is my password Different #'s every time I try Then it says "Not paired. Input timed out"
  11. PENROSE

Cup Kit

I will be getting new wheels this Spring and I want to lower the car a bit I see a lot of people doing VWR springs....but I might want to be a little lower....but by going with a spring that drops it more than VWR I'm afraid the stock dampers will struggle On my MK6 I went with Koni Yellows...
  12. PENROSE

Looking for opinions on a good winter tire

I have never put winter/snow tires on my GTI.....but I learned from driving my MK6 in the winter, that all seasons just don't cut it (at all) So now my MK7 is about to see it's first (Pittsburgh) winter and I am shopping/browsing online for some tires. I usually get my tires from TireRack or...
  13. PENROSE

LP...headlights are on during daytime in "AUTO" setting.....why?

The only time I can tell what my headlights are doing is when I'm stopped at a red light and I look at the reflection in the car in front of me But sometimes just my "U's" are lit. And sometimes my headlight inside the U is lit as well....even when it's very light outside Why so random?
  14. PENROSE

Removing roof antenna for vinyl wrap

How hard is it to do this Found someone who will wrap my roof but they want antenna removed. I was hoping he could work around it Is there a DIY?....video maybe somewhere
  15. PENROSE

Make DRL "U" lights brighter

Probably wrong forum, sorry I read someone on here did a VAGCOM tweak to make his DRL's brighter Said factory setting was 26 and you can raise it to 100 Anyone else do this? Have before/after pics? Any disadvantages to doing this? I would mind if mine were brighter but I don't want to blind...
  16. PENROSE

HELP NEED ADVICE!! APR down pipe connection to turbo came loose....clamp gone

UPDATE....PROBLEM SOLVED...DONT BOTHER READING 1/16 inch gap between where downpipe meets turbo. A rattle/buzzing sound developed over the past couple days during certain rpms. Not super loud but was annoying. Got on the gas pretty good today and I heard something that sounded like the...
  17. PENROSE

Getting tuned next week. APR or UM?

Have an appointment Wednesday. My local tuning shop does APR and United Motorsports. He said I have til Wednesday to decide
  18. PENROSE

Speedo & Tach lights so dim can't see them during daytime

I have had my car for a month now and I've never noticed this before today, which leads me to believe something is wrong or a setting has changed somehow Heres what's happening.... Driving home from work today (4pm)....I notice that my dash and tach is so dim that I couldn't even see them. The...
  19. PENROSE

Downpipe for PP Gti

Do GTIs with the Performance Package use the same downpipe as a regular GTI? Or does it take a different one Dumb question probably...but I want to make sure
  20. PENROSE

HELP!...Hatch won't open...backup camera not working either

Got in car this morning and my trunk was making the "vvitt-vvitt" sound (the sound that the rear VW emblem makes when it's opening/closing...or when you put it in reverse) Dash indicated trunk was open. So I get out of car and open hatch a bit and push it shut 10 min later I go to back out of...