GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Carlosfandang0

Best practice using a battery maintainer!

Should a battery maintainer/trickle charger be connected straight to both battery poles? Or should the negative go to the tab connected to the body? Any other tips for connecting one of these? Is it ok to leave the battery connected to the car? Thanks. EDIT: should have said that the car also...
  2. Carlosfandang0

Tinting over factory tinted glass.

In the UK the gti has 65% tinted glass from the B pillar back, as a factory option you can specify 90% instead, I would like to add some tint over the top of my 65% glass to make it match the optional 90%, the 90% is far darker than the 65% so I presume it refers to the percentage of light...
  3. Carlosfandang0

Volkswagen ID 3 first look

Thought this may be of interest to some! https://youtu.be/iTMFamylaDQ
  4. Carlosfandang0

Another (suspected) water pump leak?

I’m after a bit of help from those who have or had or seen water pump/thermostat housing leaks on the Mk7 GTi, First off I’ve noticed after a decent drive when the car is hot that once turned off I sometimes get a bit of steam from the right of the upper grill, along with this I’m sure I’m...
  5. Carlosfandang0

Big brother is watching!

That’s that end of the era of the motorcar then! In the EU at least! Mandatory speed limiters are to be introduced in Europe by 2022 and may even include vehicle data recorders! Will apply in the UK regardless of ‘brexit’, Can’t wait!! Road safety: UK set to adopt vehicle speed limiters...
  6. Carlosfandang0

What’s this??

Took my filler cap off to give it a clean and lube the hinge today as it was starting to stick and spotted this behind the rear wheel arch! What is it? Charcoal canister?? Thanks. In context,
  7. Carlosfandang0

TPI # 2035958/5

I’ve recently had this TPI carried on my car by my VW dealership #2035859/5, it was to address a knocking I had from the front right over uneven surfaces, however I’ve been unable to find any real info as to the nature of the work carried out, I believe it relates to the front shock on some way...
  8. Carlosfandang0

Strange fault after fitting 8” screen

EDIT: Having now plugged in VCDS this is the code I’m getting b201a00 - check software version management, There is more info about this code online so disregard the earlier post below as I should hopefully be able to now sort this out in 5F adaptations using info from Ross tech! I’ve no idea...
  9. Carlosfandang0

Are the MK7 and 7.5 golf R stock exhausts the same?

As per title!! Are the MK7 and 7.5 golf R stock exhausts the same? Thanks. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. Carlosfandang0

Discover pro MIB1 screen on MIB2 unit?

I’ve been checking around but can’t find an answer! Does anybody know if the pro 8” pre facelift MIB1 screen will work with my MIB2 nav system? Or is there no difference between the MIB1 and MIB2 pro 8” screens, I’ve found a screen but I think it’s mib1, is the pro screen the same regardless of...
  11. Carlosfandang0

Front brake calliper play!

I’ve recently noticed a rattle from the front right at low speed over rough surfaces such as cobbles, it stops if the brakes are applied so I figured it would be the pads moving in the calipers as they are about half worn, I’ve just had a look at the brakes and can see that the caliper rattles...
  12. Carlosfandang0

Why I couldn’t buy a brand new GTi 2 months ago!

Is this common knowledge?? Just found this online, https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/103414/new-286bhp-volkswagen-golf-gti-tcr-due-late-2018 It explains why I was unable to buy a brand new golf gti when I bought my 2016 2 months ago, there was also a 52 week wait on the polo gti+ the...
  13. Carlosfandang0

Hi, new to the forum and wanted to say Hi, have just purchased a 2016 3dr Mk7 GTi DSG after several repair filled years of Mk6 ownership, As the Mk7 has a few weeks of factory warranty remaining and is going into vw to have one of the windows looked at due to not fully opening, I was...