GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. gixxerfool

Sunday Motor Co- Madison NJ

If anyone is interested, there are pretty regular meets at The Coffee Bar in East Brunswick. Typically, 8-12 Sunday mornings. They are organized by LosGoonies. He will post in IG when the next one will be. As the weather warms you need to get there early to get a good spot.
  2. gixxerfool

Dynamic Turn Signals in NA Tails

According to the translation it’s just wired in. He did say that it would blink fast like the bulb was burnt but didn’t mention how he fixed it.
  3. gixxerfool

H&R vs Whiteline RSB

I am having decision making issues in this department as well. I will be following.
  4. gixxerfool

Why did you choose the mk7 golf/gti/r?

As far as I know the STi is still manual only. Much like the Type-R, Si, and RS. When I was shopping I was only looking used and I couldn’t find one auto STi but I could WRXs. I believe CVT is the flavor for automatic. It wasn’t the only reason I looked past the Subie. I feel the interiors...
  5. gixxerfool

As far as I know the STi is still manual only. Much like the Type-R, Si, and RS. When I was shopping I was only looking used and I couldn’t find one auto STi but I could WRXs. I believe CVT is the flavor for automatic. It wasn’t the only reason I looked past the Subie. I feel the interiors...
  6. gixxerfool

When my wife and I started dating, I had a pickup, 2 doors. So transporting her and our daughter was difficult in it. So we took her car everywhere. It started to fall apart, literally, she was starting to shop for a new car and I needed something cheap and reliable so I got a Civic, coupe...
  7. gixxerfool

RGB Ambient Lighting for Mk7 and Mk7.5

It’s not a bad price considering what you get. I guess there’s no way to have it respond to different inputs and mimic the Mk8 where different drive modes change the color? Being that each mode has a different output to certain components, having a microcontroller respond to changing inputs...
  8. gixxerfool

MIB2: Export your iTunes library to SD card or USB stick for perfect functionality

Well, since I am quarantined right now, it sounds like a good project. I will start digging through the library, thanks for the help.
  9. gixxerfool

What is this called and can I add to it?

I can't find it, so it seems I was mistaken.
  10. gixxerfool

Like I said, I went through 15-ish threads and articles while researching this, so it’s completely possible.
  11. gixxerfool

Apparently I tore through a ton of threads researching this. I’ll keep looking. You are most likely correct and I could be mistaken, but I swore someone found out how to do it.
  12. gixxerfool

Oh wow. Fair enough. I would have to look but I did have a thread saved where someone had the maps come up on the AID it was just a code.
  13. gixxerfool

That’s odd. I’ve seen some of the DD retrofits that had the maps display, came down to a coding issue i believe.
  14. gixxerfool

Acoustic insulating Project - 3 leaks found so far

Thankfully it’s easy to see if it needs it. I may order a second just in case. The speaker and body vent issue seem to be a one time fix. I also need to address the rear washer dribble in my car. When my taillights arrive I will try and do all of these at once. You may have better luck PM-ing...
  15. gixxerfool

Wow. Thanks so much for the information. Amazing. Things I can fix and/or get in front of. This is an incredible post. The body vents are something I will tackle in the warmer weather. I was Able to eyeball the drain for the hatch and it does need replacing.
  16. gixxerfool

Dealer damaged car

Final update guys and gals, picked my car up from the dealer yesterday. They body shop did a great job painting and installing the side skirts and the dealer even covered the missing front tow hook cover for me. Final thoughts: while this is something that shouldn’t have happened at all and...
  17. gixxerfool

@Munstertel I have to say this is quite the undertaking. I started a similar project in my Civic and stopped after the trunk. in terms of your water ingress, could you expand on a few points please? 1. You mentioned the body vents leaking like it was a common issue. Has that been something...
  18. gixxerfool

Is my dcc broken?

So I guess it’s important to figure out why the initial strut bent. Did it possibly damage the mount allowing for more travel letting the wheel go into fender. Struts don’t typically just bend. So something had to happen to get there.
  19. gixxerfool

Is my dcc broken?

Are there any codes for the DCC? Is there any other bent suspension components? Bushings that may have worn?
  20. gixxerfool

Is my dcc broken?

When you say it was rubbing, the tire? Or the strut? I’m assuming the tire. Are you running spacers, or off size tire on the car?