GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. P

Sport mode continues to impress

Yup I have Fender and DCC.
  2. P

Thanks for the insight. I think I like comfort and power since I live in L.A. where most of the roads are bumpy. I guess that's what I am liking about engaging just sport with the shifter.
  3. P

I turned in my leased 6SPM GTI in April and decided it was time to get the DSG so I pulled the trigger on a 2019 GTI SE DSG. After putting a little over 5,000 miles on the car I am really impressed by the suspension, handling and power of the car. Then the other day I discovered something I am...
  4. P

Why can't service centers just change the oil properly?

I am impressed there are 5 pages worth of people who don’t expect good service from a dealership doing an oil change which is not free for most VW’s. In fact the average price for the first service is probably around $85. There is nothing wrong with extractors but most VW dealerships with lifts...
  5. P

BTW quit saying do the oil change yourself... I already do but 2 services came with the car.
  6. P

Wow there are a lot of excuses for bad work here! Just to clear things up minimum wage in Los Angeles is $13 an hour and low wages don't always mean bad service, but bad management usually does. A similar business I visit at least once every 2 years I will mention by name is Big Brand Tire and...
  7. P

This is total denial of what it takes to earn a customers trust. I may never go back there for anything after that experience.
  8. P

I know they don't make much but they are getting paid by VW since it was listed on the window sticker. Granted I paid way less than sticker but that's not the point. If we all change oil properly why can't a professional how does it for a living?
  9. P

I have the extractor and have been doing oil changes myself forever but the oil changes came with the car so there I went.
  10. P

So I went to a local dealer to get my oil changed (my car came with 2 services rolled into the deal) and of course they overfilled by 1/2 quart and overfilled coolant by 12 ounces. Even after I said to the service advisor please make sure nothing is overfilled as I will not accept it. To top it...
  11. P

The mystery of the disappearing coolant... again!

I see something like dried milk right over the midway point outside of the overflow canister. Probably came out the cap at some point.
  12. P

Ironically my first 2015 GTI never leaked. i will check it out this weekend. I am guessing the total amount leaked is probably 1/4 cup of coolant which to me sounds very trivial. It’s still above the min line.
  13. P

This is truly a tired old subject with the GTI but just curious what the gang would do. Bought the 2019 GTI SE in April and the coolant level observed when cold measured a hair below halfway between max and min. Almost 5 months later it is now just above the min line when measured cold...
  14. P

I am considering tracking my car in the near future...looking for suggestions/tweaks

I would not track the GTI. Too expensive to repair the inevitable breakdowns. Instead get a first gen Miata with a hardtop. Install hawk blue brake pads, a jackson racing intake, roll bar, and shaved RA1's have fun. You will drive more and spend waaaaaay less. They are absolutely bullet prove...
  15. P

Props to the GTI new car smell!

2019 GTI SE and 2020 Jeep Sahara Unlimited Altitude with Leather.
  16. P

I wrote the post in notes on my phone then pasted it so maybe that’s why it came out so weird.
  17. P

OK this is a silly thread topic but stay with me here. My wife and I had car leases expire during the pandemic. She wanted a Jeep, and I wanted another GTI but I decided to buy this time because duh sick deals like 0% percent financing and 6 months no payments. But that's not the story. These...
  18. P

Mk7 gti knock them cloud of smoke after pull

As long as Trump lives in Florida not a chance in hell.