GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. 5

I have a '16 PP too and am in Oakland. It is stock except for a thicker rear sway and 200 TW...

I have a '16 PP too and am in Oakland. It is stock except for a thicker rear sway and 200 TW tires. I'm also interested in economy mods to decrease understeer, so it might be good to keep in touch as you mod it. I have an OBD11 too. -Dan
  2. 5

DCC Retrofit

I have DCC and am just wondering, is it that good as to want to do all this to have it?
  3. 5

Hammersticks' "Less Is More" MK7 GTI

Great thread. I'm learning a lot. Maybe I can check out your car since you're local.
  4. 5

Rear Sway bar install issues?

That guide is for adjustable bars. Mine isn't. I have the LSD but the only OBD11 setting I've heard of is to increase clamping force on the inside wheel. I don't think that will effect understeer, will it?
  5. 5

I was asking if that alignment is any different than a stock one. My car only has 26,000 miles and tracks straight enough to not need one.
  6. 5

The car is totally stock. Falkin Azenis 660 extreme summer tires 235/40/18 were put on last month and show no wear. They're 10 mm oversize. Tried 34-38 PSI, now at 37. As I understand it, a stock car lacks alignment range to make a significant change in understeer. Camber plates are required...
  7. 5

I'm wondering how that would feel. I may have to as I'm still getting plenty of understeer in tighter turns. Any guesses how many hours a shop would charge for that? How much more jostling over bumps does that introduce?
  8. 5

Tried that. It was not an issue of connecting the end links but just getting the bar ends over the arm. Not even close and the bar hit the trunk floor. $140 spent at the shop. I wanted them to do it all along but I had to try since the Mazda's sway bar install I did was easy. I will say the 25...
  9. 5

Their lifts are the standard chassis type.
  10. 5

Neuspeed and stock links. The shop installed it today. The tech said he didn't lower the muffler or do anything else. So the mystery remains!
  11. 5

Yeah I figured it must be something I'm missing. All the Videos and instructions say to jack it, no mention of ramps. Sounds like that's wrong. Also the ride height sensor gets in the way. I have ramps but every time I try and use them they slide. how do you like the bar? Was it a big difference?
  12. 5

The OEM bushing mounts are reused and I'm using the stock end links per Neuspeed's advice. I hate giving up but I even had a knowledgeable MK6 guy off the Local Facebook VW group come by. He clearly knew what he was doing and after an hour he was stuck too. .
  13. 5

In case you're wondering, driving without a rear sway isn't the hot setup.
  14. 5

We tried jacking up a tire and that allowed us to get the bar in place but the ends were still hitting the arms, couldn't swing them up and over into the end link area. The arms need to drop down, not up but they're all the way down with the wheels in the air.
  15. 5

Verified it is the right bar. Looks the same and the Part # stamped on is correct. We tried reversing it and that didn't help clear the front edge of the arms. Its almost like you'd want to unbolt and drop the arms down but I've yet to hear anyone doing that. I've watched videos too.
  16. 5

I was unable to get my new rear sway bar ends into position over the end link spot on the control arms. I got the bar into place without the bushings or end links but still was unable to clear the lower control arms. Tried unbolting the muffler but the hang up was actually the bar hitting the...
  17. 5

Custom performance Alignment Question

I saw that thread earlier this morning but they're using camber plates, so Its not applicable to my stock car. No?
  18. 5

Cut Tire

Looks superficial.
  19. 5

Ok. This guy today was telling me its not so much camber but toe. He took his wife's M series BMW SUV in and had it done. He said the difference was amazing.
  20. 5

I have a stock '16 MK7 Autobahn. What can I expect a sport alignment to feel like?