GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. bfury5

255/40r/17 on forgestar 17x9 ET40 wheels

These look great, did you happen to weigh the wheel or the wheel+tire combo before you installed?
  2. bfury5

200tw tires for Track use

1100?? For which sizes? For 17" rims the 245 and 255 are right around $220 a piece
  3. bfury5

Yeah, I asked them directly and was quoted 1560 for a set. It's definitely more than the Apex buy, which will probably be around 1k even if their other wheel prices are anything to go by.
  4. bfury5

... so like I was saying it's either wait for Apex or the F14s 😂
  5. bfury5

Initial impressions VWR Spring/Damper kit- the good and the *good

That's really strange. I've experienced squeaks coming from the rear LCA bushing as well but you shouldn't have that issue with the Superpro ones. Swaybar endlinks would be my only other suggestion, I had one that felt tight but would shift under high steering angle
  6. bfury5

Initial impressions VWR Spring/Damper kit- the good and the *good

Surprised to hear about the pops and squeaks, especially seeing as you used new OEM mounts. Did you also change the bearings as well? Anything else in the front end change?
  7. bfury5

It shouldn't be this hard to run a 17x9, it sucks. I'm torn between waiting, which I was hoping to not have to do. It's either that or buy a set of F14 from Forgestar or buy a set of Advanti Storm S1 in 35 offset and just deal with 7mm spacer at each corner
  8. bfury5

► Official APEX VW Wheel Thread

Ditto here, need new autox wheels by mid April to take full advantage of the season in the northeast
  9. bfury5

Is early March when the buy begins? If so, is there a timeframe from start of the group buy to expected delivery?
  10. bfury5

So we can now confirm they look amazing, but how long until you guys will take my money in exchange for them? Asking for a friend
  11. bfury5

Hey Geirsen, Just poking to see if there are any updates. Although it's only January, I know I'm already eager for spring track events here in the Northeast and that early April is going to be here before I know it. Thanks in advance!
  12. bfury5

Shop for Wavetrac Install

Hey guys, I'm quoting around a few shops in MA/NH/CT to get a wavetrac and clutch installed. Does anyone have specific experience at any shops with a wavetrac install? So far I've reached out to: -Excelerate Performance (CT) -Zak's Auto (NH) -Auto Engineering (MA)
  13. bfury5

Konig Ampliform

OEM wheel bolts use a ball seat on the bolt head. Most aftermarket wheels (like the ones here) use a conical seat bolt. You shouldn't need studs to make these wheels fit, just proper length conical bolts.
  14. bfury5

What is the Difference between GTI and Golf R flywheel

If you go to the Sachs website (they make the OEM flywheel) you can see some of the differences. If you look at the clutch discs you can see they have a slightly different OD and ID when comparing the GTI to the R. I'm not 100% sure that's the only difference, but it could be one reason. GTI...
  15. bfury5

Impact gun

Not an OCD thing, you should always finish tightening with a torque wrench (y)
  16. bfury5

Street Touring Hatchback (STH) discussion/setup

I'll let you know when they're mounted. I have my snows on the car now, and the FK510s are going to be mounted on my autocross wheels which still have the A052s on them
  17. bfury5

The Generals were great for the price. Sidewall was pretty soft but that made them pretty comfortable for a daily. They also wore extremely well for a summer tire, but they're 360tw if I remember correctly.
  18. bfury5

I went with 235/45-17. They should fit nice and tight on the 8.5" rim. It was either these or the General GMax RS (which I had before) for daily use. They're both dirt cheap so I figured I'd try out the Falkens
  19. bfury5

Not really an update, but just sold my daily set of wheels and tires and picked up a set of FK510s to throw on my 17x8.5 wheels to use as my new daily setup. Here's hoping Apex ramps up on the 17x9 group buy or else I'll have to get an order in with Forgestar 😑