GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. T

Strange Auto AC on when the heat is on

The weather is getting colder each day as winter is fast approaching. I notice that when I turn on my heat using the fan blower, my car automatically activates the AC function. Does anyone know why? I do not have the setting for front defrost which makes me curious as to why this is. Is there a...
  2. T

Performance winter tires vs winter tires

So I have been digging around on trying to understand the difference between the performance tires and winter tires. It seems that the difference is that performance tires give a compromise on winter conditions for that dry and wet handling performance increase. Has anyone put on performance...
  3. T

Jacking up the car

So I took my car to the tire shop to get winter tires bolt on since I no longer have my jack Stands. Little did I know, the tire tech forgot to torque the wheels to the vehicle which lead me here with trust issues. I am thinking of getting new jack stands (my pittsburg ones had a recall) and...
  4. T

Buffering sunroof

Hey I’m just throwing this question out there but has anyone with a sunroof on their gti experience buffeting when going above 30mph? I know it comes with a mesh to prevent that but idk if mines normal.
  5. T

Looking for HR rear sway bar 24-26mm

Looking for HR rear sway bar 24-26mm if anyone has one for sale.
  6. T

Paint chips

This maybe a stupid question but does anyone have experience with a good touch up paint product? I parked my car at a parking lot and when I returned I found that someone door dinged my car, leaving a large chip on my passenger door. The damage is a 3x4 mm paint chip that goes down to bare...
  7. T

Auto high beam with obdeleven

Does anyone know how to check if their cars has auto high beam or if they have the proper equipment to turn it on in obdeleven? I have a 2019 GTI SE with the DCC package ( I believe it’s called the driver assistanc, don’t quote me). Anyways I am wanting to turn this function on if possible. I...
  8. T

03 Brakes: Hill descent control button - C113B00 fault.

03 Brakes: Hill descent control button - C113B00 fault. So I was scanning my car with my obdeleven and notice this fault pop up. I tried some google kungfu with no luck on this. Please help. So far I have only use my obdeleven to make small tweaks that aren’t brake related. They are: remote...
  9. T

Brake fault code 03 Brakes: Hill descent control button - C113B00

03 Brakes: Hill descent control button - C113B00 fault. So I was scanning my car with my obdeleven and notice this fault pop up. I tried some google kungfu with no luck on this. Please help. So far I have only use my obdeleven to make small tweaks that aren’t brake related. They are: remote...
  10. T

Auto lock feature activation

So I have a 2019 gti with keyless feature. I tried to get the auto lock feature (where you walk away from your car and it auto locks) through the obdeleven application with no luck. Any advice is greatly appreciate. Thanks for reading.
  11. T

Mirror dip obdeleven function not working

so I tried looking this up but couldn’t find a solid answer. Here’s what I have done so far, please help. 1)I got an obdeleven pro next gen and used the in app mirror dip. 2) activated the reverse mirror on my infotainment unit 3) followed the instructions on for mirror setting but it didn’t...
  12. T

Air condition setting memory

Does anyone here know how to keep the car from constantly defaulting to open vent? it’s been very dusty where I live and I constantly have to hit the air recycle button. When I do this AC kicks on. I have read The manual but it didn’t indicate how to shut this feature off. It just warns that...
  13. T

Unlocking Remote Windows Feature

Does anyone know how to unlock the windows feature where you can roll up/down windows via the keyfob? I have seen it youtube but don't know how to get this feature access.
  14. T

Could anyone please provide your experience of vw dealership service department for the Denver area?

I’m looking at a few dealerships near my home and was curious on your thoughts. which ones would you trust to work on your vehicle?
  15. T

Mk7 high miles

Folks its halfway through 2020. With the next gen mk8 on the horizon, I’m curious who has the highest miles? I’m new to the vw family With my new 2019 gti SE. My last car was a 2012 forester that was plague with issues including the dreadful oil consumption. please provide your input: 1)...