GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. E

MK7 Key fob

I took my 2013 Golf in today for its annual service. Despite having very recently having had a new battery I was told my spare fob needed a new one which they kindly fitted for free. When I got home I tried by main fob but it had mysteriously stopped working. I switched batteries with the new...
  2. E

Complete electrical failure

Hi well my franchise said they had to change the battery and to be honest even when power did start coming back on there were still multiple error messages However when I collected the car today I did ask why the low battery warning indicator had not come on prior to the failure - but wasn't...
  3. E

Thanks that's very interesting. It could be a cheap fix then but it must be a bad design if a ground wire can cause this much havoc.
  4. E

Hi the battery was fine as when the power cane back on there was enough Joyce to powerr the hazards for an hour before the recovery van arrived so it appeared to be charging correctly. The fact that the power came on again after 15 minutes or so points to something else in my opinion..
  5. E

Hi yesterday my car broke down on the M25. I had to come to a halt because of stationary traffic. As I did everything went out - dashboard - lights etc - my car was a dead as a Dodo. I managed to get it into the hard shoulder ( no thanks to some other motorists who were using it to undertake...
  6. E

Body work repairs

Many thanks
  7. E

Body work repairs

From the photo below you'll see a s an indentation on the bottom of the rear panel and above scrape mark which goes across the rear panel onto the door. Has anybody gone through VW repair shops and got a decent price or should I risk an independent. Many thanks
  8. E

1.4 TSI 122 cambelt row

To me confusion still reigns with VW - I doubt their water pumps will last forever
  9. E

1.4 TSI 122 cambelt row

Hi I require a whole new sump as over £500 so a big ouch coming after Christmas. I wonder if anyone else has had the same problem. I think I can prove to VW that I requested the pump change at the same time so they'll have to do it although I'm still confused as to its replacement schedule - if...
  10. E

1.4 TSI 122 cambelt row

Hi there - the problem was never resolved as the VW engineer never phoned me - but my VW franchise is now quoting £ 549 for a cambelt and water pump change although infuriatingly it doesn't say for which mark. It does quotes price for cambelt only and states All models I didn't have the...
  11. E

1.4 TSI Sump gone rusty

Thanks for advice. It might be that the MK9 range around 2026 is fully electric especially if researchers have cracked the Solid state battery nut providing a 500 mile range.
  12. E

1.4 TSI Sump gone rusty

Not nearby that I would want to visit - there's a travelling mechanic who has quoted £384 but I don't really want my car worked on in my parking space. I'll just have to go with the franchise quote. Not really what I wanted just before Christmas but I need the car to be 100% . I'm looking...
  13. E

1.4 TSI Sump gone rusty

Hi thanks for reply - it's actually a circular shaped patch of rust about one and a half inches in diameter which - according to the mechanic - could start leaking. This must mean the rust has gone fairly deep. Unfortunately I currently have a spine condition and have to take it very easy at...
  14. E

1.4 TSI Sump gone rusty

A nasty looking rust patch has appeared and my dealer has quoted £534 for the replacement. My car is approaching 7 years old so was wondering if anyone else has experienced rust on their Sump. Thanks
  15. E

Has anyone reached 100k miles on 1.4TSI (122)

Ok that's a high figure so let's say over 80k with no problems from the engine or gearbox. My car will be 6 years old in February and so far no problems with either of the above. Cambelt changed at 50k earlier this year. Thanks
  16. E

1.4 TSI turbo

Just been reading on Honest John about a 4 year old Golf 1.4 TSI (34 thousand miles) that needs its turbo replacing at a a cost of £1500 - perhaps caused by switching off the engine while the turbo was too hot. Anyone else suffered this problem? Also I guess we have to 'play it by ear' when...
  17. E

1.4 TSI 122 cambelt row

I had a heated discussion regarding my cambelt change with my dealer. They said it didn't need replacing after 5 years although VW UK said it did. My dealer then said that there was NO recommended service interval on the VW maintenance computer. I then checked with two other franchises and...
  18. E

RED

BLUE
  19. E

UK Mk7 1.4 TSI Cambelt change interval

Hi I have googled but cannot find a definitive answer. My car is currently just over 3 years old and has 37,000 miles on the clock. It's the 122bhp version - Thank you
  20. E

Front door opening problem

I the 1.4tsi 5 door - the warranty expired in March. Low and behold a problem seems to have arisen. My doors lock automatically after a short period when I'm driving away - no problem there. But sometimes when I stop to get out the internal door latch doesn't seem to work first time...