GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. C

Coast-to-Coast Road Trip

Great write up, thanks for taking us along. Stay safe out there!
  2. C

WedsSport TC-105X 5x112 Pre-orders start now! 18x8.5 under 17 lbs

Looks great! What tires are you running, and are you on stock suspension? Considering these wheels for my Lapiz Blue 19R.
  3. C

245/40/18 on stock suspension

Reviving this thread. I'm considering trying 255/40's with my soon to be set of wheels. Looking at a few different brands, but specs will be in the 18x8.5 et44 range. I'm on stock suspension, think I will have issues running this setup?
  4. C

WedsSport TC-105X 5x112 Pre-orders start now! 18x8.5 under 17 lbs

Beautiful finish on these wheels!
  5. C

APR “Emissions Compliant Drop-in Turbocharger”

Any idea on the ETA for this?
  6. C

FS: JB4 for MK7/7.5 Group 3 ****SOLD*****

Great feedback, thank you!
  7. C

FS: JB4 for MK7/7.5 Group 3 ****SOLD*****

Just in terms of feedback, how does the JB4 compare to the EQT tune? Also, were you ever stage 1 with EQT, or did you go straight to stage 2?
  8. C

New Golf R Owner mk7.5

Nice! Welcome, and congrats.
  9. C

Stock exhaust... loud?!?

My wife says the same, but it's more of a deep tone that I think resonates well. It's not necessarily that the car is loud per se, I think the deeper sound waves carry more. You can hear my car from a few houses away when you're inside. My exhaust is stock as well, FWIW.
  10. C

APR Stage 1 or Stage 2?

I've always had very good results with APR, have been stage 1 on two R's. I have not gone stage 2, stage 1 always just seemed like enough. It is unfortunate that stage 2 with APR is going away, and this makes me second guess going stage 1 on my new R with them. I still may never go stage 2, but...
  11. C

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

Installed the dynamic MK7.5 tails today, originally ordered from e-acca.com. They actually came relatively quick, within a couple of weeks from order. Also used the harness from Zero815, top notch quality and support. Install went well, took about 2 hours with coding and clean up. Very happy...
  12. C

Detailed up the R!

Very nice! I'm actually going to be doing this to my R this coming weekend. By the way, what mud guards are you running?
  13. C

FOUND PLEASE IGNORE WTB: OEM MK7 R Exhaust Tips $100

I may have a pair from my last R. I will take a look in the garage and let you know.
  14. C

OBDELEVEN

I'm on the fence, I have the old unit, but have an iPhone. The old Android phone I was using quit working, so I need to either get another Android (probably pick up a small tablet - would only be for OBDEleven) or get the new version and utilize the iOS features with my iPhone and/or iPad. Has...
  15. C

FS: 2019 MK7.5 OEM GTI LED (NAR) Tail Lamps (low mileage)

All looking at these lights, buy them, great deal! As for @ZERO815 , his products are 100% top notch, OEM like. I have purchased harnesses from him for both the MK7.5 Dynamic tails and also the MK7.5 NA tails to fit on a MK7, all plug and play (no crimping, soldering etc.) with some minor...
  16. C

APR vs EQT

Thanks for the feedback. As you mentioned, I think it's a toss up in a lot of ways. With the situation you are referencing, I have a great local APR tuner, always willing to help and offers outstanding customer service.
  17. C

WTB: OEM Golf R springs

Just curious, why? Is this to put a car back to stock form, or for another use.
  18. C

APR vs EQT

Good feedback, thank you. I agree with the platform having an advantage of being able to interact more with the tune through the AP. As for me, I don't know how much that interests me. Not that I'm knocking it, just I guess still trying to decide if I want to have that much interaction myself...
  19. C

APR vs EQT

Great point. From what I understand and have researched, EQT seems to run along the same lines as APR in terms of technical aspects. While it is a newer tune, I guess we could say the jury is still out, whereas APR tunes have been on cars for years.
  20. C

APR vs EQT

That's good feedback as well. Like yourself, I have only had APR tunes on my VW's, and have had excellent results. However, I also keep reading (overwhelming in this thread, but also elsewhere) of how good not only the product is from EQT, but also the customer service/support from Ed and his...