GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. N

IE v2 Intercooler with CSF radiator fitment

I didn’t have to trim either.
  2. N

Okay, I thought there may be performance improvements. When I was purchasing I saw that unitronic had better performance than IE, but The IE part was available at the time, and the unitronic one was not.
  3. N

Good to know because it’s a lot of work to exchange. How do the two Units differ. I just recently noticed V2 advertised on IEs website. I don’t visit it often.
  4. N

Can anyone direct me to info showing the difference between IE v1 and IE V2 intercoolers? Is this upgrade worth the effort?
  5. N

Back on topic...sorry for the digression... I am happy with the CSF purchase I’ve made. For my particular application it has been effective over the stock unit.
  6. N

I thought tube shape yielded different thermal performance. I.e. I thought the heat transfer performance of an elliptical tube was better than that of a circular tube and the heat transfer performance of a rectangular tube was better than that of a square tube. My thoughts are based on research...
  7. N

Csf has some published data on their website pertaining to a 500hp Golf R. There may be more to their technology than core thickness alone, i.e. cooling fin / tube design, flow, number of passes, air flow etc.
  8. N

I should note the my car is a GTI. Not sure if there is an salient difference in the room available in the GTI vs the R.
  9. N

I wasn’t intending to shoot anyone. I just wanted to let the OP know that the combination does fit as advertised, if installed correctly. As I mentioned in my post I would feel more comfortable running this solution than the alternative, which is stock. I’m not aware of any published data...
  10. N

I’m running both the CSF radiator and the IE V1 intercooler. It fits perfectly fine, but there is not much wiggle room left. Not sure I understand the logic behind not doing the upgrade, if you’re tracking and making more than stock power. I’d rather have the CSF radiator, under said...
  11. N

Rear suspension parts

Based on the good advice I received here, I cancelled the order for the 034s and picked up a set of Vorshlag plates. Hopefully it all works out.
  12. N

Issues with lpfp and hpfp combo

So I took the vehicle out for a short highway drive today and it behaved as if nothing ever happened. I’ll have to monitor this situation closely. Probably wasn’t smart to take it out on the highway knowing it could stall, but I let it idle for quite a while before driving it. The idle was as...
  13. N

I’d like to investigate HP tuners. Is anyone here using it?
  14. N

What do you use now? Sorry had to ask.
  15. N

Do you think Eurodyne will add a feature to gain access to these tables, or are they done developing for this platform?
  16. N

Thanks to both of you for the advice. I’ll do that in the spring. There are a couple of other items I need to list in addition to this pump.
  17. N

How much do the new units go for....I’m afraid to ask...
  18. N

Were these spikes during high RPM? I’m assuming Eurodyne lets you log and monitor the fuel pressure. It’s funny, this car was intended to be a daily driver... now it has snowballed into this toy that I barely have time to drive. When I decide to use it it breaks down! My wife was not impressed...
  19. N

What other tuning platform would you recommend on these cars. I went with Eurodyne because that’s what my tuner uses. I really like having local support. Kind of hesitant to deal with someone that is miles and miles away. Maybe I should have just kept things simple and reliable with an off the...
  20. N

I take it you’ve had problems with the hpfp? What are the issues, if you don’t mind me asking. Initially I had a rough idle, but after installing a 5 bar map sensor I’ve had no problems aside from this whole mess. Sorry if I’m making you rehash old news. I’m personally not educated on this...