GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. IanCH

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Nope, no interference with the stock tips. The stock tips will just appear to be further under the car (in the direction towards the front of the vehicle) than they do with the stock valence. Edit: I made a picture highlighting where the stock pipe ends, and maybe that helps explain. (see the...
  2. IanCH

Kind of over it

You can also put your jackstands on the front subframe after jacking from the side point, if the job you're doing is okay with that
  3. IanCH

Another pic
  4. IanCH

I think you could get away with the tips staying stock, but to be honest I didnt try it as I ground off the welds on my stock tips while installing the diffuser. (gives you more space to work with the diffuser off and the exhaust just unbolted at the back 2 hangers) The burger tips on my car...
  5. IanCH

I bought the kit and I recommend it https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-european-volkswagen-audi-parts/tcr-rear-diffuser-kit/5g6807568ag041kt/ Really easy, I jacked up the car for convenience but you dont really need to per se. I detailed the process here...
  6. IanCH

Let's Talk about Window Tint

All I know is I saw my car and the dozen or so others at the shop I used (unique car care, @uniquecacare insta) and there wasn't a bubble in sight.
  7. IanCH

Diffuser is plug and play if you get kit from ecs with the little blocks. I have the blackout plates as well but I have decided if I want to install or not. They don't seem necessary. This is a genuine oettinger spoiler, purchased from the dealer and painted by one of the top autobodies in the...
  8. IanCH

Intercooler performance

Pressure is pressure. In this case P*V = T If you have a bigger turbo running higher pressure then you have higher temps. My results above with a 8f over ambient delta with my is20 are not comparable to the is38 tigeo posted.
  9. IanCH

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

Wow dude you are my hero. Will report back!
  10. IanCH

Thanks uberdot! I can truly appreciate the car now. The color of the LEDs is definitely red in person, chalk it up to poor white balance from my phone. I will grab some pictures with the lights off tomorrow. They look good off, not just black. I bought the smoke because I figured I...
  11. IanCH

2021 GTI SE ordered!

If resale is a thing you have to think that cornflower is a better choice, I really like both colors.
  12. IanCH

2021 GTI SE ordered!

The q5 has the b cycle engine, pretty different from ours in practice. I also have a b9 q5 and it's a great car, love the dsg and the design of the car overall. It's the best of it's generation in midsize SUV's.
  13. IanCH

Got my rear look finished. A helpful forum member helped me realize I could get the AKD led tails to fit much better than I had first thought. Just working on some coding. Oettinger spoiler Tcr diffuser Acexxon reflect delete in gloss AKD led tails Vinylmod emblem gloss black accent Burger...
  14. IanCH

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

They work exactly as expected except for no amber
  15. IanCH

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

The harness seems to be working okay but could you point me to where I might read what I need to repin? The yellow wire between the inner and outer is hooked up just not routed under the panels.
  16. IanCH

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

I'm willing to try anything at this point but that appears to be for Mk7, my car is 2020 MK7.5 Thanks for the link though.
  17. IanCH

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

Tried to change the value on 27 to what he posted, while it didnt break anything it also didnt enable the amber LED signals. Earlier today i tried to code everything the the BEC coding instructions and turn signals and brake lights stopped functioning entirely - luckily I was able to revert...
  18. IanCH

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

The lights came with a harness (needed in order to adapt to the LED plugs), and everything is hooked up - I just didnt fish the little yellow wire through the trim yet because i wanted to get everything working before going through that effort. Sadly these lights have no instructions and the...
  19. IanCH

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

So after reading through some 200 pages of this thread and still not finding the coding answer I need, I suppose I will ask. I have the AKD aliexpress tail lights - actually fitting pretty wall after I got some help with the install in another thread. The dynamic turn signals (amber) are not...
  20. IanCH

Big Turbo GTI v. R Upgrade

Did you not read the part that I owned my 15 R for 45k miles? Its straight up not as fun to drive when moving... the extra 300lbs and the open differentials kill it.